What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

everyone is complaining they wont tell us this or that. By now it should be clear that's because either:
A: They don't know
B: They know but it's bad so they don't want to say.

everyone is complaining they wont tell us this or that. By now it should be clear that's because either:
A: They don't know
B: They know but it's bad so they don't want to say.
Well we kind of know by now even without their statements. But their PR guy promised a statement for some reason and nothing happened.
So the problem here is their credibility as a company. Why should we believe any of their future statements if they can't follow up on such a simple promise?

While not putting out a promised statement is an issue for PR guys, it's more of a management issue. If the statement was delayed a week or 2 then you could say well the PR people weren't doing their jobs and management had to crack down but a having to wait on a statement for months is indicative of piss poor managers. Honestly at this rate we'll be lucky if we actually get stuff like battle scenes done, and I've given up hope that siege ai will ever be fixed by Taleworlds. This project is a mess and if @armagan wanted his this project to actually get finished the first thing he should do is either a better job of overseeing the company or even better hire someone who can. I've heard of gamers talk about games being in development hell but this is the first one I've ever experienced.

Probably because it causes a meltdown here while barely making an impression literally anywhere else. And there are only like twenty regulars here who still play the game.
What sort of information do you imagine they have exactly that would cause a meltdown?

What sort of information do you imagine they have exactly that would cause a meltdown?
I can answer that. Any kind of information.
Whatever they say in the statement (that should be definitive about the features in the game at release), they would get old devblogs thrown at them (with broken promises), more unfavorable comparisons to Warband and general rants about broken features or uninteresting gameplay.
The smooth delusional PR style of their statements will only makes things worse.

The only way out of this for their PR is to announce some completely new and interesting features, this will distract the plebs and they will begin to daydream and speculate instead. (Edit: They are probably waiting for this - announcing a specific DLC will have the desired impact.)

The only way out of this for their PR is to announce some completely new and interesting features, this will distract the plebs and they will begin to daydream and speculate instead. (Edit: They are probably waiting for this - announcing a specific DLC will have the desired impact.)
They already did with the new terrain feature... Partially worked...

After 50 suggestions to be implemented and just ignored or asking simple questions that get ignored for 3 weeks from a dev or getting told you could just go mod, it is hard to stay positive or care. But that is the problem with early access as they already have your money so you don't really matter, but what they don't really get is everyone of us are free advertising for the game as people can ask us whether to buy the game and why they would want to take the chance of us not giving them positive comments is beyond me. They should be working very hard with the community and not just treat them as if they don't really matter.

I have long thought that a Jason Schreier style investigation into Taleworlds would be one of the best and greatest stories out there. There is probably a wealth of interesting information in regards to what's been going on behind the scenes over the years up to this point that would make for a fantastic read.
I can answer that. Any kind of information.
This is so correct, I really don't like the current communication strategy being used by TW but it kind of makes sense and lets them just get on with development without needing to put out forum fires or worry about self-inflicted backlash with any misteps or botched statements.

I think even recent example with the internal modifiers change where uproar started because of the wording of their statement, when in reality the actual changes were way better than intimated initially yet they lost Bloc and his future modding, and a lot of goodwill due to mishandled comms.

Sadly as a result it does look like the forum enthusiasm & activity is dying abit, especially around theorycrafting new features and whatnot. Seems just more bugs and tips threads at the moment until something big comes out worth chatting about.

cb88ecefbeab2ae02cc79285a33eb288.gif

Calm down guys, stop bullying TW
It's fair to point out that they have been making statements about the general direction of development.
And stop building up expectations, the next statement about the plans is most likely just a follow up on this:
Warriors of Calradia,

It is time to share another update on some of our current singleplayer and engine related priorities with you.

Just like before, stability and performance will continue to be a top priority for us. Beyond that, you will find some of our other goals listed below. Please note that this includes both broad and specific, as well as, shorter and longer term priorities.

Campaign
  • Kingdom & Politics
    • Improvements to Kingdom Decisions
    • Improvements to Rebellions & Kingdomless Clans
    • Abdication
  • Character System
    • We will continue to fix and balance perks.
    • Skill Progression & Effects Balancing
    • Revisiting Cultural Bonuses
  • Issues and Quests
    • Adding New Quests
    • Further Improvements to the Issue Creation Algorithm
  • Main Storyline Content
    • Scene Notifications
  • Player Clan Party AI directives
  • Army & Party AI Improvements
  • Crafting Improvements
  • Simulation Health
    • Balancing Security and Loyalty
    • Improving the Auto-Resolution of Battles
    • Economy
    • Pillaging Effects & Rebellion Dynamics
    • Captivity Balance & Player Choice
  • Sandbox Mode
  • Game Difficulty Tweaks
    • Ironman Mode
  • Adjustments to Death & Inheritance

Combat, Cameras, Animations & More
  • Lord’s Hall Fight
  • Prison Break
  • Performance improvements and optimizations for combat.
  • Siege AI & Formation Improvements
  • Spear Bracing
    • AI Implementation
  • Friendly Fire adjustments for Horses
  • Accuracy adjustments for ranged weapons (especially crossbows) when moving
  • Improvements to the Order of Battle system.
  • Improvements to the way the world map interacts with field battles
  • Sally Out Mission Implementation
  • Player Movement Animation Improvements
  • Board Game Improvements
  • Facegen Polish / Improvements
  • New music for taverns.
  • New ambient sounds for settlement menus.
  • Sound occlusion

UI/UX
  • Crafting UI Improvements
  • Clan and Kingdom screen Improvements
  • Significant Performance & Usability Improvements
  • Gamepad usability improvements

Art
  • Adding new scenes and improving existing ones.
    • Towns, Castles & Villages
    • Hideouts
    • Field Battles
  • Weapon scabbards improvements.
  • Additional new armor and costumes.
  • New tavern illustrations.
  • New music instruments
  • Improvements to existing assets.

Engine
  • Fixing crashes and bugs for the stable & beta versions.
  • Performance & smoother gameplay improvements.
    • Terrain performance improvements for the World Map.
  • Replay Editor
  • Modding tools bug fixes & improvements based on user feedback.
  • Modding tools documentation improvements.

Other
  • Localization related work

Please keep in mind that these priorities are neither all-encompassing nor set in stone, and we will adjust them if the need arises.

Warriors of Calradia,
Welcome back for a new update on what we have planned for the upcoming months. First and foremost, we are working on the stability of our game servers. We are aware of the current issues and we already fixed some of the problems. Fixing the server issues is our top priority. We have many new features almost completed and ready to be experienced by you all:
  • In-game Voice Chat is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Duel Mode is in the final polishing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Observer Mode is in the final testing stage and will be going live very soon.
  • Sound Occlusion is nearly done and will be featured on the next beta.
  • Many MP HUD and Lobby UI improvements have been finished.
  • Improvements on the Reporting Tools have been finished, including Kick Player and Mute All functions.
  • First part of the Level Progression system is nearly done, it will, later on, tie in with the Customization System.
  • Lots of new badges have been added.
  • Work on new Siege maps is almost complete and work is in progress on new Skirmish maps.
  • Fixes and Improvements on current maps are being made.
  • Improvements to Matchmaking Experience.

We are also working non-stop on improving and balancing the game following player feedback. We have been sending more frequent balance patches straight to live servers as promised and more will follow.
Current issues we are working on that are in various stages of development:

Combat
  • Knockdown/Get up and Dismount/Get up animation improvements
  • Certain swing related inconsistencies
  • Adding recovery delay to missed kicks
  • Crossbows being too accurate and too effective in close range.
Skirmish Mode
  • Cavalry being too impactful
  • Infantry being less impactful
Captain Mode
  • Separation of some Perks and some Troop Stats for Captain Mode
  • Ranged AI not being effective enough
  • Cavalry AI not being effective enough
  • AI abuses by player Captains
Siege and TDM
  • Increasing the cost of Cavalry units.
Other features that are in progress and are expected to arrive further down the road:
  • Customization System which allows the players to unlock new pieces of armor by playing and customize their characters.
  • Ranked Mode with Ranked Matches and player skill ranks.
  • Battle Mode. A single-life per round game mode.
Known issues and the bug reports (sorting by "in progress" and "resolved issues" gives you a more detailed insight of what they have been and are working on.
SP and MP Top Suggestions also give an idea of what they might consider implementing:
The pinned treads on SP https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-keep-singleplayer.656/
Information about developments at snowballing problem | On Crafting Orders | On Rebellions | Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread | Security and Loyalty improvements.
Show that they have been working on those topics, communicating (a bit) and considering the community feedback

Considering all of this, we already have a good idea of what is going on, basically it has been bug fixes since release.
I think I speak for the majority of people when I say that biggest problems are:
  • The apparent slow development
  • Not living up to the dev blogs made a long time ago
  • The fact that important features from Warband are not in Bannerlord
  • And most importantly, not fixing bugs and issues that break the gameplay experience
    • (i don't think I need to point them out since people have been complaining every single day since day one)
  • Also, not giving a concrete answer to all the above. In my view, this is what people want to see fixed and know that devs are committed to fix.

I know some devs do try their best such as mexxico and Duh, I take nothing away from them. My complainant has always been the slow communication to the community on important matters. Just for 1 example, when death was turned on for the first time it was never mentioned in the patch notes, and was asked over and over in the correct beta branch forum and for 3 weeks we got silence from TW. We didn't know if it was intended or a bug, we knew nothing. No one can say that not including that in the patch notes then ignoring the community for 3 full weeks is appropriate. There are more examples but to keep it shorter than how long I already made this post, that is unacceptable if you actually care about your community.

Calm down guys, stop bullying TW
It's fair to point out that they have been making statements about the general direction of development.
And stop building up expectations, the next statement about the plans is most likely just a follow up on this:

Known issues and the bug reports (sorting by "in progress" and "resolved issues" gives you a more detailed insight of what they have been and are working on.
SP and MP Top Suggestions also give an idea of what they might consider implementing:
The pinned treads on SP https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?forums/the-keep-singleplayer.656/
Information about developments at snowballing problem | On Crafting Orders | On Rebellions | Bannerlord SP First Reactions: Megathread | Security and Loyalty improvements.
Show that they have been working on those topics, communicating (a bit) and considering the community feedback

Considering all of this, we already have a good idea of what is going on, basically it has been bug fixes since release.
I think I speak for the majority of people when I say that biggest problems are:
  • The apparent slow development
  • Not living up to the dev blogs made a long time ago
  • The fact that important features from Warband are not in Bannerlord
  • And most importantly, not fixing bugs and issues that break the gameplay experience
    • (i don't think I need to point them out since people have been complaining every single day since day one)
  • Also, not giving a concrete answer to all the above. In my view, this is what people want to see fixed and know that devs are committed to fix.
Good post and agree mostly, although an average user shouldn't have to dive through that many threads to slowly build up an idea of what's up. Should be in a simple rough roadmap image like the standard precedent for most beta's is.

Can't really see why Bannerlord should be any different in being clear about what's planned to be in the final product on release right now, beyond the upcoming campaign map feature. I think most fair-minded observers here know the communication on what's clearly mid-long term goals is very underwhelming currently.

Just for 1 example, when death was turned on for the first time it was never mentioned in the patch notes, and was asked over and over in the correct beta branch forum and for 3 weeks we got silence from TW. We didn't know if it was intended or a bug, we knew nothing. No one can say that not including that in the patch notes then ignoring the community for 3 full weeks is appropriate.
Do you mean AI death in all campaign battles is turned on now??

Good post and agree mostly, although an average user shouldn't have to dive through that many threads to slowly build up an idea of what's up. Should be in a simple rough roadmap image like the standard precedent for most beta's is.

Can't really see why Bannerlord should be any different in being clear about what's planned to be in the final product on release right now, beyond the upcoming campaign map feature. I think most fair-minded observers here know the communication on what's clearly mid-long term goals is very underwhelming currently.

Do you mean AI death in all campaign battles is turned on now??
It was the first time they turned it, the had death by old sage only, then around 1.5.5 they turned death on it battle

It also feels like Dejan has stopped his good communication that he had for some time now. Usualy he would pust atleast 2-3 times a day or even more but now he fell silent again

I have no proof, but to me it felt like all communication died at 1 specific time, as if higher ups told them to limit their communication, like I said I have no proof just my feeling as why would most of it stop at 1 exact time it was right around 1.5.7, somewhere near there

It also feels like Dejan has stopped his good communication that he had for some time now. Usualy he would pust atleast 2-3 times a day or even more but now he fell silent again
I have no proof, but to me it felt like all communication died at 1 specific time, as if higher ups told them to limit their communication, like I said I have no proof just my feeling as why would most of it stop at 1 exact time it was right around 1.5.7, somewhere near there
I noticed this too lads, Fless I think your onto something there. If they have instructions to hunker down and plough through their lists of work though I don't mind and would like to see their progress. Especially after they eventually push out the campaign battle map feature. What is actually the next "feature" after that though?

Also Flesson are you sure that AI simulated battle death is turned on now? I don't mean for battles including players, I meant for simulated battles AI vs AI, which I saw a dev state was very low/disabled to allow bug testing or something. I thought I remembered people recently in last 2 patches or so were showing off the bad effects of only player involved battles having AI death. Found the thread -> Why is death in battle STILL only enabled in player battles? It ultimately ruins every playthrough.

I noticed this too lads, Fless I think your onto something there. If they have instructions to hunker down and plough through their lists of work though I don't mind and would like to see their progress. Especially after they eventually push out the campaign battle map feature. What is actually the next "feature" after that though?

Also Flesson are you sure that AI simulated battle death is turned on now? I don't mean for battles including players, I meant for simulated battles AI vs AI, which I saw a dev state was very low/disabled to allow bug testing or something. I thought I remembered people recently in last 2 patches or so were showing off the bad effects of only player involved battles having AI death. Found the thread -> Why is death in battle STILL only enabled in player battles? It ultimately ruins every playthrough.
I am not sure about death and I hardly play it, just meant when it was first turned on. I do want to play death and will be doing a campaign soon. So I'm sure someone else could verify it.
As for higher ups, I know for a fact that devs can't always do anything they want as there are people to check with so higher ups stepping on them is a possibility but I never see the devs acknowledge it.

I thought it picked up again after the 1.6 update but now seemed to have died out after a few weeks.

Back
Top Bottom