What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

that's nonsense. the mods and admins have been deleting and editing infringing posts for literally more than a decade.

sometimes it gets left up with a public note added if it's not too bad, sometimes we just edit out the most flamey part, sometimes it gets deleted. it is that way now, and it was that way on the old forum too.
Yep. Legit. It's a pretty weak move to repeatedly try to dodge bans with after-the-fact self-censorship - and it was insulting for him to leave the rest of us in suspense over why he was banned through repeated cleansing of the paper trail.

Appreciate y'all taking the time to explain the sitch. Tensions are high and it's nice to have a reminder that we can have confidence in the reasonableness of the mod team.

I'm not saying y'all have never had an itchy trigger finger, but you're definitely some of the least tyrannical mods I've ever encountered.

based on this from Duh, looks like we're not much closer than we were a month ago to getting this follow up

Expect a a 2 month early access on the follow up post once it's been published though. For sure TW is going to want to remove some stuff from it once they realize it's "too complex" or not fit for consoles.

I'm some kind of SJW He knows as well as I do that I have never even given him a warning on this forum, 'cause he would have been notified of it by a PM with my name on it.
df5c276816a84a234c06ca4ef49e48e4.png

giphy.gif

pressf.jpg

based on this from Duh, looks like we're not much closer than we were a month ago to getting this follow up
Is it just me or was this post stickied just a couple weeks ago? I'm either going insane or that sticky is no mo - possibly because it was embarrassing to leave it up for so long without an update.

It would be really nice to see a concise, clean list of team priorities from TW's management. That might not traditionally be a thing that game developers release to fans in forums, but it would definitely be nice.

That way we can lose our cookies if the list doesn't start with:
  1. Give the players a roadmap
  2. Fix siege combat so it consistently works as designed
  3. Figure out and establish a "canon" for how mass combat is supposed to work:
    1. If spears are supposed to suck, then just say so
    2. If cav is always supposed to beat inf, then just say so
    3. If armor is supposed to be paper mache, then just say so
    4. If loose formation is supposed to be the best defensive tactic, then just say so
    5. The ambiguity between whether combat in this game is supposed to be "realistic" or "esport" or "fantasy fun" or "murder simulator" is really aggravating to all of us who want to know - basically - whether the combat is stupid by accident or on purpose

@Orion maybe this is not a proper place to ask this but in old forums, messages of people were not deleted or edited by moderators so everyone could see why a person got the punishment(I am lurking on these forum well enough to know that moderators do proper judgments). So there were no conspiracies about how moderators do their job(well, actually there was but not much as this). Also, sometimes it was good to read some forum dramas. Why change the old approach?
To be fair to the moderation team and/or higher ups here at TW, at least they have a high tolerance for criticism and somewhat honest discussion every now and then. The CDProjekt Cyberpunk2077 forums are an echo chamber because mods will close threads and delete posts with any hint of real criticism, due to "it's been done before".

Is it just me or was this post stickied just a couple weeks ago? I'm either going insane or that sticky is no mo - possibly because it was embarrassing to leave it up for so long without an update.
It's still stickied in the Singleplayer forum.

In under a week, we can celebrate the three-month anniversary of the post that was meant to be coming in the "near future".

Any updates on the upcoming updates about the upcoming updates?

It boggles the mind that it's taken TW 3 months to get together a statement of their long-term goals, when really these sort of things are normally done at the start of a project (9 years ago).

Seeing as the community managers apparently don't make the decision on what information gets released, who does? And why are they being so tight-fisted with information?

I get that they don't want to create expectations they aren't capable of living up to but this is ridiculous.

All that's needed is a public commitment that they will add the features they talked about in the devblogs, the missing good features from Warband, and they will balance/complete the existing features, and that will please most people.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom