What happened to the promised Bannerlord Fan-made Steam Group giveaway?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm talking about the 10 copies of the game by the owner of the Mount&Blade II Bannerlord steam group which at the moment has a bit more than 69.000 members (I think the number is getting lower since the group appears to be locked and dead). Was it all just a prank? PR stunt with no real intent ever of being realized? Found a saved screenshot of one of the tens of announcements promoting the giveaway, most of which are now hidden away or deleted, along with the discussion thread with around 4.000 responses from people wanting to receive a game copy.

F236BDFE711409BB14E93C873E58620B1D06617C

That thing has never been an official group of Taleworlds. If you are waiting for your giveaway contact the group owner at steam.
Not implying anything like that. :xf-frown: I tried to state in the title of the topic ''fan-made'' in an attempt to make that clearer, but it's kinda hard when the group name itself sound kinda official, unlike some server community named ''Minisiege'' or a clan named ''Knights of Vlandia''. I've not been able to contact the group owner, and it appears s/he's been swapping Steam accounts back and forth. I tried to join their discord server but the link appears broken too. So I was hoping for someone else here to provide some better perspective.

In your position I wouldn't waste time with trying to contacting Slovak for a Bannerlord key. That whole group has always been suspicious. Slovak basically scamed people while he was leading that group (not sure who does it now) and actively tried to cover that up by silencing people bringing that up. Not to forget that troll Bsur whom he took aboard.

My recommendation for you is that you buy a key. If it is to expensive for you at the moment, you should rather wait for the next discount sale (can't say when that will be) since it's an EA with bugs which get fixed all the time. Enjoy some Warband mods meanwhile :wink:

Back
Top Bottom