What happened to the competent ai they showed off in this video from a dev blog about the ai melee combat overhaul?

Users who are viewing this thread

On hardest difficulties the AI is so easy to beat. I've only lost once in a tournament and that was when the AI and I jousted in the finale.

I would also love it if my infantry formations would stop breaking ranks as soon as enemies get within 10 feet of them. It immediately turns into a huddled cluster **** and removes any point to keeping them in formation in the first place.

Yep. Impossible to comfort all.

No, this is really simple. The AI has skill reduction settings, you can turn it down since day 1 of the game. Don't tell me people found the AI on easiest too hard, that's absurd.

The highest AI setting is way, way, way too easy. This isn't a "whelp you can't please everyone" issue. You guys are inventing controversy where there isn't one.

Don't matter the settings, yet again, be it 1v1 fights or an entire army, the AI cannot cope with you circling them continuously. Duels you'll land ever hit and murder them, simply by circle strafing and if you have the patience and enough archers, circle strafe their entire infantry line/s and you'll easily dominate battles in which you're outnumbered 3/4 to 1

Not sure how to fix it in 1 v 1's but surely for field battles the AI focusing on 1 man on a horse, whilst being mowed down under constant archer volley fire is easily fixable. Just have the AI ignore you for the greater threat

I have tested the AI in the new hotfix and It is still pretty bad but at least It feels a bit better. The AI still feels pretty bad and 1.0.X was far superior. Please continue working because the new patch does not fix the issue.

Would be great if you could make the AI as competent as It looks on the first post video of this thread or at least as good as It was in 1.0.X. Thank you.

+1 It should be scalable so new players and veterans can have fun

Suggestion:
  • Integrate auto block for new players and unskilled Youtubers (KEK). If you have no time, just buy it from the best modder
  • Make the easiest difficulty even more easy
  • Provide the best combat AI for veterans
  • if you are really cool copy Floris mod and make most parameters adjustable by the player. Auto block with hardest combat AI? Easy combat but hardest tactics for commanders who get recked all the time but want to kill some dudes on their own? No problem at all with adjustable parameters...and everybody will stop complaining :smile:

Back
Top Bottom