What happened to mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

On a side note, as I see this thread is sort of populated - anyone up for playing? Sort of boring to play alone.

@Lannistark: Then it would be PW Mod with Assassins. If I understand you right. I am happy with the gameplay atm, sure we can do bigger maps, this is no real problem. Those maps could be played with more than 15 people then, but the current maps are just too small for more players. Making bigger towns is the only thing we can do to include more players.

Well ok, but then we need a map that has something more than a city. The question is, who is willing to make it?

Kekse could make a map like this(if he wants to), but there is an other problem. For a bigger map you need more bots (atm there are about 120 bots on a map). I think it would need about 170. The problem with this high amount of bots is, that the pings could be to high to play or someones computer isn't good enough for it. Also we would need a second TDM server, one hosting the small maps and one with big maps, because the amount of bots is given from the server and can't be changed without restarting the server. With bigger maps you also need more players playing on it. There must be permanently 10 players or more, but if the server is empty, its hard to fill it again.

Well, we could try, but for example near villages and such outside town u need little more bots; if you could make some way of introducing caravans, or merchants going through the paths from villages to town and vice-versa, that would increase roleplay in the mod.

The things Lannistark mentioned are easy and should be no problem without WSE. My problem is that I never planned on doing so much on this mod and that I wanted to focus on Race Wars. But I just can't because there is always something I want to implement (Or something you want to have) I did not even plan to implement the tdm mode...

I realise you guys are working on two mods at the same time. Well, I personally prefer Assassin Hunt, although my opinion does not matter; perhaps you should focus on a mod, and when you are happy with it, get to work on the other one.

At any rate, do as you wish Patta, and the IT team. Players of AH will find ourselves a way to keep the mod alive.

I won't let the mod die, no. Not after all I did. :wink: That was not what I meant. But Race Wars Bloodshed is something in a completely higher league (regarding the things we need to do) and AH was only small scripts. (OK, not so small any more, but it began as a small script)

Perhaps what you need to do is precisely that, let the mod die for some weeks. Then come back with a major update or such that will bring vitality back to Assassin Hunt. RW Bloodshed is surely a lot of work, due to the textures and depth of the mod, although I think Assassin Hunt, even though much simpler and a lot less complex, is more charming. This mod needs some kind of update that brings more players, not new details (although these always help, of course).

Could you by any chance, fuse together the ideas of RW Bloodshed and Assassin Hunt to create an unique mod? Or would it look messy?

Assassin Hunt was first planned as a gamemode for Race Wars Bloodshed, so we don't need to fuse the ideas cause Assassin Hunt will be implemented in RWB. But yes I agree with you, Assassin Hunt needs a update and we already have plans what will come in the next version. The problem is just, that Patta isn't able to get the module system at the moment, so he can't work on it. The only thing that we can make are maps, but I think there is no need of more maps. I have worked on the serverviewer and it nearly works correct, the only bugs it has come from Warband and have to be fixed by Patta.

the mod is not dying, people just connect irregulary

i think we better must post when we connect, so people who see forum can know (i bring some friends when i come)

another problem is that 60% of the players only stay playing like 3 maps and then leave, so no really long playing exept when other come (instead of native or PW style XD)

^

Yeah, I usually spam people in the steam group (sowwie) to get people to join. :grin:

Spam = messaging them "hey, up for AH? :wink:"

This needs a persistant objective in the gain such as ways to spend your money, or bigger maps with more features to attract more players.
Otherwise people play it for 15 minutes then they are out. There aren't many servers out there anyways so...

^ Exactly. Imo, there's no need to add more bots. Sometimes, I find myself wandering around for around 1-2 minutes before finding any assassins(in the bigger maps). Just increase the server slots amount to around 10-12 on the DM one.

I think Fox messed something up as he wanted to do something for something I am working on atm what no one of you will ever get to see :razz: So yea, the servers should be online again soon.

Back
Top Bottom