What happened to Co-op?

Users who are viewing this thread

Coop would be aawesome to have but the reason they've didnt put it in is the timescale problem, cant speed up time wouldn't really work unless both parties did it at same time or the coop would just be a player companion traveling with ur party
Do it on real time, no fighting allowed, only autobattle

Honestly, I have no opinion. It'd be nice, but... eh? These discussions are usually fruitless, and crop up at the weirdest areas, like Rimworld, Kenshi, even Starsector. If it's a good singleplayer game, someone always is like, "Why no coop?"

Honestly, I have no opinion. It'd be nice, but... eh? These discussions are usually fruitless, and crop up at the weirdest areas, like Rimworld, Kenshi, even Starsector. If it's a good singleplayer game, someone always is like, "Why no coop?"
Why does skyrim have no coop? :sad: Skyrim Together is soooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

There would have to be a huge implementation/overhaul of the singeplayer code. But I'd imagine (Albiet twice the size the game already is at least) to have a duplicate of SP, with netcode functionality worked on. Hell, if there was only an open source/git branch for the community to help build it, it would be done pretty quickly. But I guess that's the price of commercial video games. Anyhow, the game is great. And at least there is SOME multiplayer. But yes, some level of Total War Co-op Campaign, or PvP, Fiefs against Fiefs, Kings against Kings would be so awesome we would all jizz. That being said, I can see why it would be a mission. You would have to completely redesign massive portions of SP to make it work. Adding in some level of Turn Based, since the balancing without pausing would be incredibly difficult.

Again you're all ignoring my previously stated point, why wouldn't having no pauses be possible ? Sure you probably shouldn't go to tournaments when you're in the middle of a war. But it woud make players works together even more which is the whole point of Co-op.

Coop is something that we have investigated and decided to put to one side. We don't currently have any plans to add it to the game now or in the future.
Well, just think about this. With Coop I would convince my friends to buy the game , and they would convince their friends to buy the game and so on... so they can play together.
This way , I`m playing the game, my friend is not that interested .... but he would be for coop :smile: .

It can be made easily from my point of view. when I want to engage in a battle , if my friend is not in a mission , to be able to invite him and start the battle together if he accepts. Nothing complicated.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Well, just think about this. With Coop I would convince my friends to buy the game , and they would convince their friends to buy the game and so on... so they can play together.
This way , I`m playing the game, my friend is not that interested .... but it would be for coop :smile: .

It can be made easily from my point of view. when I want to engage in a battle , if my friend is not in a mission , to be able to invite him and start the battle together if he accepts. Nothing complicated.

Thank you.

Co op is already in production as a mod , Looks very promising . They also got discord https://discord.gg/556hpSkD

Coop would be aawesome to have but the reason they've didnt put it in is the timescale problem, cant speed up time wouldn't really work unless both parties did it at same time or the coop would just be a player companion traveling with ur party

So what, it's the same in Minecraft wich is a huge multiplayer game. That's a tiny problem.

Yes Please,,, multiplayer campaign, would make this so incredibly awesome,,, especially in a versus mode,,, they could possibly do it turn based, though rts would be top notch,,, but if nothing else it would be really cool to just take command of a follower n fight along side your friend in there campaign...
And it’s the versus mode that would require a complete restructuring of the system and would be a terrible idea. A co-op where someone is still the main player and others act as their retainers during fights is doable, but the game always stops for the player, while the player can travel to fights in progress.

This just isn’t, and never was, the venue for a multiplayer competitive campaign

They made it work in Stellaris, It works great, you can start, pause or speed up. True the game doesn't feature Battles you can take part in personally but it works.

fc2f2928f9775d3e4be2d40545607c05.1000x563x1.jpg

I don´t want to destroy your hopes and dreams but coop won´t happen unless modders do it.

I mean TW is still struggling to fix the basic stuff which is already in the game. Making a coop mode would take a lot of time, I guess it would take them 2-3 years, then they need to refactor it, change the engine, start from scratch and will be ready in 2047. :wink:

They made it work in Stellaris, It works great, you can start, pause or speed up. True the game doesn't feature Battles you can take part in personally but it works.
That is a different system. The map stops for players in battle. The experience and time flow revolves around the SINGLE player, and having players running opposing factions would require 80% of the systems to be rebuilt for that sort of thing.

The Battles are the biggest issue. I feel “back seat players” could work fine, but controlling separate parties is never gonna happen.

That is a different system. The map stops for players in battle. The experience and time flow revolves around the SINGLE player, and having players running opposing factions would require 80% of the systems to be rebuilt for that sort of thing.

The Battles are the biggest issue. I feel “back seat players” could work fine, but controlling separate parties is never gonna happen.
Well, there is already a promising Bannerlord coop mod.
As long as one player moves on the map the game isn't pausing, when one player is in a scene moving around, and the other one stands still on the map then the map itself is paused.
It works exactly like SP does just with 2 players

Well, there is already a promising Bannerlord coop mod.
As long as one player moves on the map the game isn't pausing, when one player is in a scene moving around, and the other one stands still on the map then the map itself is paused.
It works exactly like SP does just with 2 players
I wouldn’t call that promising. You’re gonna be pretty miffed that because you entered a tournament, you lost a castle right next door and couldn’t respond because the other guy was moving.

Doing any quest that requires running around a town becomes useless as you just lose too much time.

It’s great find that several members of your army deserted because while you were buying food at the market, half a day passed and so people left.

Again, from the ground up, this just doesn’t work and is gonna cause a lot of grief

Back
Top Bottom