What happened to Co-op?

Users who are viewing this thread

Fulchyuu

Recruit
I thought this was an important selling point of the game a while ago, but the FAQ says "no final decision about co-op"
What happened? Did I imagine it? Will the modders have to do all the work again for something even more unstable?

They dropped co-op years ago, you are running far behind on news xD
It was never a selling point since it never even made it in the game at any point.

Ah well, thanks. I guess I'll wait another 10 years to have a game like M&B sandbox but with co-op included. And try to stay informed this time.

There was this Mod for Warband named "BattleTime", allowing you to host the fights of one's campaign as a multiplayer battle. Others could join then via the online server, and take control of one of the AI agents (a companion or a soldier) to fight alongside the main player.
This was for the battles only though.

My guess would be that at some point a system like that will be made as a mod for Bannerlord, since this was a nice mechanic. But there hasn't been an official statement regarding this topic for a long time now.

There was too many people in these forums constantly arguing against it like they were paid to do it.
No one never really brought up a good reason for why not everything just couldn't be real-time in Co-op. If anything it would only add to the strategy more that you probably shouldn't attend tournaments when your castle is under siege + working together would be crucial.
However at this point I would be happy even if 1 player controlled the party and the rest were just companions.

if it had some sort of total warish kind of coop it would be probly the best game ever made... but no

Yeah pretty sure even their already huge sales would tripple because people would persuade their friends to buy it. I would even be okay with them finishing up the game first and then afterwards make the Co-op an expansion so they can focus exclusively on that.

Yes Please,,, multiplayer campaign, would make this so incredibly awesome,,, especially in a versus mode,,, they could possibly do it turn based, though rts would be top notch,,, but if nothing else it would be really cool to just take command of a follower n fight along side your friend in there campaign...

I thought this was an important selling point of the game a while ago, but the FAQ says "no final decision about co-op"
What happened? Did I imagine it? Will the modders have to do all the work again for something even more unstable?

Coop is something that we have investigated and decided to put to one side. We don't currently have any plans to add it to the game now or in the future.

Coop is something that we have investigated and decided to put to one side. We don't currently have any plans to add it to the game now or in the future.

You just broke my heart! :grin: But atleast I appreciate a clear response and obviously hope you'll reconsider once the game is fully released ^^

You just broke my heart! :grin: But atleast I appreciate a clear response and obviously hope you'll reconsider once the game is fully released ^^
I mean, i still have la 60000 hours to waste on single player until they realise coop would make us orgasma

I mean, i still have la 60000 hours to waste on single player until they realise coop would make us orgasma
Coop would be aawesome to have but the reason they've didnt put it in is the timescale problem, cant speed up time wouldn't really work unless both parties did it at same time or the coop would just be a player companion traveling with ur party

Back
Top Bottom