What happened to "building a criminal empire"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Don't worry, in a few years, you will get your criminal empire the same as terrain battle system and whatnot... just need to fix a few bugs and add a few new helmets, chill.

PS. Bannerlord has become the new Star citizen, it seems.
I feel like Bannerlord is a fair few rungs on the "Howard & Molyneux Ladder" below Star Citizen.

Cloud Imperium Games has created enormous expectations, barely met some of them, progresses SC very slowly, and constantly creates lots of new expectations through massive feature creep of their plans, while continuing to accept enormous sums of money.

Taleworlds has created large expectations, met most of them in some vaguely arguable way (the biggest exception being owning criminal organizations), and progresses Bannerlord very slowly, while continuing to take in sales.

The main reason that i buyed Bannerlord was the building a criminal empire gameplay.

They should hire more people if they have problems with implementing what they have promised, they made more then enough money.

The main reason that i buyed Bannerlord was the building a criminal empire gameplay.
You're not the only one, personally I bought Bannerlord hoping for it to provide the experience of Warband+better graphics+better sieges (which has all happened except the Warband part), but I have one friend who was waiting with me for Bannerlord since it was announced, and every time I mention an update he asks if crime mechanics are in yet.

The criminal empire was Taleworlds all along and all the EA enthusiasts helped build it. Bannerlord was a gr... *dies from an assassin's arrow*

The criminal empire was Taleworlds all along and all the EA enthusiasts helped build it. Bannerlord was a gr... *dies from an assassin's arrow*
giphy.gif

Taleworlds has created large expectations, met most of them in some vaguely arguable way (the biggest exception being owning criminal organizations)
They can argue that beating up those thugs and claiming all the alleys in a town can be considered a criminal organization. If they at least try to reclaim their territory back and give you occasional brawls it'd be more tolerable. You could at least pretend you're a gangster with that, but nope. Beat them up, get some loot, no bonus from territory, thugs gone forever.

And sadly the Scum and Vilany mod is dead. We can't be criminals or have criminals all over the place.

Yep, unfortunately this is the problem with relying on mods for features which should be in the base game.
Not this one, have more 10 factions or else, 100 new units, a bunch of skilled companions companions,some redoubts with a lot to do there, it's a big mod 500 GB or else. It's so good that a rollback from 1.6.4 for the last version playable, 1.6.2.

Someone should seriously consider filing a lawsuit against Taleworlds for false advertising if they decide to release Bannerlord without the huge amounts of promised and presented features we saw years ago. I bought the game 5 minutes after release just based on that gameplay and the hype. Shameless.

Someone should seriously consider filing a lawsuit against Taleworlds for false advertising if they decide to release Bannerlord without the huge amounts of promised and presented features we saw years ago. I bought the game 5 minutes after release just based on that gameplay and the hype. Shameless.
A lawsuit. A civil lawsuit against TW. Okay.

^And that has actually been done intentionally in order to stop snowballing. It's like the direction they've taken to fix problems like snowballing now means implementing certain features would clash with the "vision" they have for the game. Rather than developing an actual diplomatic system to counter snowballing they made it so that every kingdom constantly declares war on the strongest one, everyone can recruit from everywhere so that nobody gets too weak after losing battles or having their villages destroyed, and wars usually just mean the same couple of settlements flipping back and forth between two factions.
Why they still care about crashing? If they make the implements in the game faster I'm sure a lot of people agree with lose their saves. We already have 2 versions, is they make the beta incompatible with the main version don't looks like a problem to me. If someone don't want to lose the save, play in your current version!

Taleworlds will re-advertise bannerlord on full release anyway... Let's hope the feature gets in.
"The best medieval combat simulator if you don't like sieges... and lack the attention span to play it for more than a week - now with more cinematic deaths and press x to win features on PC and consoles!"
I don't envy Callum, so many contracts with the devil.

Back
Top Bottom