What happened to Bread?

Do you want Bread in Bannerlord?

• Yes, i am sick of all this Grain.

• Bread, is this a throwing weapon?

• No, Grain overall!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

they found having both grain and bread would be too confusing to new players so they ended up removing the later in an attempt to streamline the food system and in the end make in more fun for the players, now they can just jump into the game and find their grain without confusing sub-varieties.

Not so much about bread, but I've been thinking more of chickens. Since they exist as animals on the fields, I get so hungry drizzling all over wanting to grill and eat one. I also miss the feature of raw meet spoiling, there should be more of a challange on having to supply food for an entire army in general. Raiding should almost be necessarily needed when going on long campaigns with big army. Or that you need to move slower because you have a herd.

Not so much about bread, but I've been thinking more of chickens. Since they exist as animals on the fields, I get so hungry drizzling all over wanting to grill and eat one. I also miss the feature of raw meet spoiling, there should be more of a challange on having to supply food for an entire army in general. Raiding should almost be necessarily needed when going on long campaigns with big army. Or that you need to move slower because you have a herd.
The "AI"artificial idiots? already have so much trouble with food related things, can you imagine if food could spoil too?
I mean it's fine with me, when I see the AI fall of it's bike I just run over and just steal it's bike!

I remember feeling really good about myself when I had all kinds of chickens and fresh beef and butter for the troops to eat all the time.
Also I almost never built leadership so the moral+ was really important.

The "AI"artificial idiots? already have so much trouble with food related things, can you imagine if food could spoil too?
I mean it's fine with me, when I see the AI fall of it's bike I just run over and just steal it's bike!

I remember feeling really good about myself when I had all kinds of chickens and fresh beef and butter for the troops to eat all the time.
Also I almost never built leadership so the moral+ was really important.

Ai struggles with food? I anything it should be on the simplest elements to manage. Damn.

Ai struggles with food? I anything it should be on the simplest elements to manage. Damn.
It's mind-blowing the number of sieges i've seen lifted because the dumb army commander forgot to stockpile food for more than 2-3 days before marching to besiege, thankfully this seems to be an easy fix and it's already much better than a few patches ago.

AI really should have a plan when calling an army and planning accordingly, something like:

- i have influence to spare so i'll raise an army with the goal of besieging x and z, for this i estimate we'll need z days of food all going well otherwise i will send detachments to raid nearby villages and bring food to the army as needed if we are secure in our numbers to keep up the siege (another feature that was talked about in the dev blogs but dropped out it seems).

- i have influence to spare so i'll raise an army with the goal of besieging x and z, for this i estimate we'll need z days of food all going well otherwise i will send detachments to raid nearby villages and bring food to the army as needed if we are secure in our numbers to keep up the siege (another feature that was talked about in the dev blogs but dropped out it seems).
This wasn't just a feature that was talked about, it was a feature in WB. Good old cattle...

As much as I love the army system in this game, I dislike how unbelievably simple it is. Lords NEVER have agendas, so long as they are above 40% of their max size and aren't in another army, they're willing to travel the Alps just to join your army. Once in an army, any party not the army leader has NO say in the calculations of targets - war room, arguments based on traits which can lead to quarrels between lords) - seemingly nothing.

Even in its most simplistic form in WB, if there was a smaller party or generally lords with bad temperments, when following the marshal they were able to break off and catch a party from the enemy faction, essentially acting as the impulsive sadistic lord looking for a fight despite the intention of the leading marshal. The thing is, due to this initiative, this seemingly random engagement could lead to these unexpected really crazy mass battles as all surrounding lords would either join the fun in that skirmish or create their own between whatever lords they could catch. It was always unpredictable, with the greatest downside really just being that this could prevent one really MASSIVE engagement. That was the fun in it though imo, instead of just having two armies face off every time, there would be different engagements such as the multiple skirmishes happening between dozens of lords. Instead of building on this idea and adding party scouts and vanguards to armies, we just have one party.

Given the fact that bread was literally the ration of choice for medieval armies of Europe, yes I want bread.
Now, it's not a defense of game mechanics, but bread was done on the day, not carried around. You carried around the grain because that stuff dried and kept dry was good for month, in garrison even years for storage.

E.g. Roman legionaires got their rations in grain for the same reason: They would make the bread at their camp site themselves. Or some gruel or whatever they had time to prepare. They did obviously eat bread, they however did not get that bread handed out, their guaranteed ration was weighed in grain.

So an army counting grain, instead of bread, kinda makes sense. Not that it is a hill to die on...

Complex carbohydrates are present in foods such as bread and pasta. Simple carbohydrates are in foods such as table sugar and syrups. Complex carbohydrates contain longer chains of sugar molecules than simple carbohydrates. The body converts these sugar molecules into glucose, which it uses for energy.

So yes, it was too complex.

Now, it's not a defense of game mechanics, but bread was done on the day, not carried around. You carried around the grain because that stuff dried and kept dry was good for month, in garrison even years for storage.

E.g. Roman legionaires got their rations in grain for the same reason: They would make the bread at their camp site themselves. Or some gruel or whatever they had time to prepare. They did obviously eat bread, they however did not get that bread handed out, their guaranteed ration was weighed in grain.

So an army counting grain, instead of bread, kinda makes sense. Not that it is a hill to die on...
You know your stuff.

Back
Top Bottom