What happened to Bannerlord Tweaks?

Users who are viewing this thread

bonerstorm

Genghis Khan't
Sergeant
So does anybody know of a similar mod functioning now that does the same as Bannerlord Tweaks?

I was about to boot up 1.7.0 but I absolutely ****ing refuse to play if Arena or Autobattle XP is 10% of combat XP. I'm not kiting and farming looters on a horse for 10 hours to train my dude. I'm not gonna F1 + F3 + make a sandwich ever again to level my troops. I will never again suffer through half my garrison dying because raiders leveled too high for caravans to survive them and nobody balanced the horse-trading + actually-producing-food economies.

Please tell me someone added this functionality into the base game or made a similar mod that's compatible with the current version.

OK so I did boot this piece of **** up and.... no no no no no **** no no no oh hell no no no no no.

In the first tutorial combat, I straight-up killed a little less than half a dozen human beings by head-shotting them in the face with arrows and didn't gain a single point of Archery skill.

I'm done. I refuse. This game is evil incarnate.

I will never again submit to MMO-level grind by personally murdering hundreds of men in order to level up my combat skills from Nothing to Below Average.

Nobody could possibly have fun with this game at native XP progression levels, which can only be reasonably leveled by mortal combat - not training or even tournament combat. You shouldn't have to personally kill more people than Ghengis Khan in order to git gud when your character backstory involves archery practiced since childhood.

Everyone who said this game was fun on 1.7.0 was high on hallucinogenic mushrooms harvested from a dumpster fire. I'm looking at you, @MostBlunted.

OK so I did boot this piece of **** up and.... no no no no no **** no no no oh hell no no no no no.

In the first tutorial combat, I straight-up killed a little less than half a dozen human beings by head-shotting them in the face with arrows and didn't gain a single point of Archery skill.

I'm done. I refuse. This game is evil incarnate.

I will never again submit to MMO-level grind by personally murdering hundreds of men in order to level up my combat skills from Nothing to Below Average.

Nobody could possibly have fun with this game at native XP progression levels, which can only be reasonably leveled by mortal combat - not training or even tournament combat. You shouldn't have to personally kill more people than Ghengis Khan in order to git gud when your character backstory involves archery practiced since childhood.

Everyone who said this game was fun on 1.7.0 was high on hallucinogenic mushrooms harvested from a dumpster fire. I'm looking at you, @MostBlunted.

Why instead of trying to grind in arena you dont fight real battles? You even put archery as example, which is the easiest to level, specially if mounted. Join as mercenary and fight some sieges and you are golden. What did you expect, level 275 in every skill in less than a year?

So does anybody know of a similar mod functioning now that does the same as Bannerlord Tweaks?

I was about to boot up 1.7.0 but I absolutely ****ing refuse to play if Arena or Autobattle XP is 10% of combat XP. I'm not kiting and farming looters on a horse for 10 hours to train my dude. I'm not gonna F1 + F3 + make a sandwich ever again to level my troops. I will never again suffer through half my garrison dying because raiders leveled too high for caravans to survive them and nobody balanced the horse-trading + actually-producing-food economies.

Please tell me someone added this functionality into the base game or made a similar mod that's compatible with the current version.
If there isn't a mod for it, it means what you're describing is a "You" issue.

Why instead of trying to grind in arena you dont fight real battles? You even put archery as example, which is the easiest to level, specially if mounted. Join as mercenary and fight some sieges and you are golden. What did you expect, level 275 in every skill in less than a year?
That's what I was doing. If the only way to reasonably level archery is to murder people, I expect my Archery of 10 to level to 11 after murdering more than one person with archery. If it takes, say, more than 6 murders per point... then I'm looking at minimum 1650 murders to level to 275.

Except, as we know, progression is exponential. That means four more focus points and hundreds of kills to get to 70 --> equivalent to "Imperial Trained Archer".

M&B has always had a shaky connection to realism, but this level of grind isn't remotely reasonable. Archers IRL don't gain archery skill from hundreds of battles and kills - they gain archery skill from years of training. Presumably a starting character with archery training shouldn't be starting that low or have to achieve kill counts that high to earn proficiency.

How many people in IRL history have personally killed over a thousand people in mortal combat? Were they masters of warfare or merely leveling up?
If there isn't a mod for it, it means what you're describing is a "You" issue.
There WAS a mod for it. An extremely popular one. It's no longer being updated. When that modder gave up, another one stepped in. That modder gave up too. Then a THIRD modder took up the mantle... until giving up the ghost early this year. Finally... a FOURTH AND FINAL modder took on the legacy and hasn't been updated since 1.6.0.
No more drugs for this man.
No. I just don't like MMO's. I don't like grind. M&B:WB was the limit of grind I will accept in a SP game.

If this is worse than that, then I'd have to be on drugs to have fun playing this game. Spending 10 hours of my IRL life grinding looters is not "fun" and it breaks my immersion besides - since training should take place in an arena, not by hunting pitchfork-wielding peasants for sport.

And it's not like I'm asking for free XP ex nihilo. I just want my training to happen in tournament/arena-melee. That's what I've done every single time I started a new character in past patches: earned my first few levels and few hundred gp's by fighting in the arena before heading out into the world. And I used BL Tweaks to remove the native ~90% xp penalty for arena combat.

Last edited:
Sounds to me you should step in and update then. Coding this stuff isn't free.
I already paid money to buy the game. It's not my or the modders' responsibility to keep making up for the fact that it's dog ****.

And it's definitely not my responsibility to you to not complain paying for a **** product. It's my right.

Also if you think I'm being unreasonable, it's not your responsibility or even within your power to convince me that my subjective experience is wrong. Go touch some grass, man. Feel the sunshine. My opinions about a videogame can't hurt you.

I already paid money to buy the game. It's not my or the modders' responsibility to keep making up for the fact that it's dog ****.
Just because you want the game to be different due to the fact you're bad doesn't mean you're entitled to it. Learn to mod, it's the whole point of modding in the MaB franchise.

And it's definitely not my responsibility to you to not complain paying for a **** product. It's my right.
When did I ever say that?

Also if you think I'm being unreasonable, it's not your responsibility or even within your power to convince me that my subjective experience is wrong. Go touch some grass, man. Feel the sunshine. My opinions about a videogame can't hurt you.
Never said you're unreasonable.
Yes it is within my power, watch: your subjective experience is wrong.
I don't often see grass when i go outside since i live in a city, i will look out tomorrow and see if i can see some. Hopefully it will make you happy.
Yes, opinions about video games can't hurt you. But this game does seem to make you fuming. Feels to me you're hurt :sad:.

That's what I was doing. If the only way to reasonably level archery is to murder people, I expect my Archery of 10 to level to 11 after murdering more than one person with archery. If it takes, say, more than 6 murders per point... then I'm looking at minimum 1650 murders to level to 275.
In bannerlord 1650 kills is nothing. That's like 4 medium towns of kills. How many towns are there, a whole lot plus the 5 armies that show up as you siege each one, that's a whole lot of killing to finish the game. But actually I think it's just damage and distance, so getting the dead aim perk and upgrading to nortic short bow at 30 skill help you get it up fast and of course noble bow at 70. Landing some lucky long shots will give a huge amount of skill too, so always pop off a few on approaching enemies, or if they're defending dump all your quivers into them from across the map and retreat and do it again! Why not?
Now facts check please: @Bannerman Man @Apocal I feel that riding at high speed while landing shots also increases the skill gain and sometimes the damage, I don't though, if anyone looks at the code, do you know if it factors in difficulty from moving (I know warband does) or is it also/instead giving some speed bonus from the relative speeds (I don't know if that makes sense)? There's something to riding at high speed circles and just machine gunning arrows into a formation, but I don't what technically it is.

That means four more focus points and hundreds of kills to get to 70
You actually only need like 2 FP to get 70 and if you just dump arrows into.... what I already said, it's pretty fast to get their. And once their you can use noble bow and it becomes like 10X easier because in bannerlord the gear matters way more then stat skills.

Now back to the topic at hand, using a mod or tweak for skills like engineering or medicine, that I understand as they're just miserable and bunz backwards skills to raise. The more fiefs I siege (raising engineering ) the less useful high engineering becomes because there less and less to use it on.
I don't want to lose troops in battle so raising medicine is just awful. I have to haul hundreds of troops around and ram them into enemies each battle just to keep it slowly crawling up. Both these things are dum because ultimately they both just equal campaign time, so spend much more campaign time to raise them (via sand bagging sieges for more skill or purposefully pulling punches in battle to kill troops, or just feeding them to forest bandits and so on) is just a bad deal. IMO both need alt ways to raise them, much more skill then they currently give and a daily tick like steward and leadership get. Engineers do more then just build siege stuff, medics do more then just patch wounds. There's plenty for them to do every day in an army/party of hundreds of warriors.

I don't think that's possible, unless somehow you got capped skills without also adding a fp in char creation (don't think you can though). Are you sure you didn't get up to say 18 skill and stop, because at the hard cap?

Last edited:

Bannerlord Cheats.

OK so FUN FACT:
I can't even play the game anymore. It started downloading an update in Steam and never stopped. It's locked. I've switched back and forth between standard and beta and it never completes.
image.png

In bannerlord 1650 kills is nothing. That's like 4 medium towns of kills. How many towns are there, a whole lot plus the 5 armies that show up as you siege each one, that's a whole lot of killing to finish the game.
Yep. That sounds like a massive grind. I don't want that. I like games that are either realistic or fun... ideally both.

Personally murdering thousands of people to slightly level up my murdering skill isn't close to fun... and there's no way in the world that's realistic. I mean FFS your troops level up much faster than you do. That's just autistic grind for autistic grind's sake.
But actually I think it's just damage and distance, so getting the dead aim perk and upgrading to nortic short bow at 30 skill help you get it up fast and of course noble bow at 70.
I think that might have been the problem: 10 skill to start and starting bow which is effectively a spitball. I remember doing 70 damage to a looter with a headshot and the guy just kept on trucking like it was NBD. It's kind of extra special bull**** that you've got a Catch-22 where you get more murdering XP from doing better murdering that you need more murdering XP to do because it works best with the Better Murdering Weapon which is skill-locked.

Er... @Philozoraptor was this your fault? Did you add a ton of hitpoints to the heads of looters or something with RBM? :xf-wink: Or was it Luke Danger's DRM?
I don't think that's possible, unless somehow you got capped skills without also adding a fp in char creation (don't think you can though). Are you sure you didn't get up to say 18 skill and stop, because at the hard cap?
I had one FP and the 10 skill that I started the game with.

Did they change the UI so it no longer tells you when you've gained a skill point? Because I blew my entire 30-arrow wad plinking these looters for 70 or 30 hp each time and I just quit when I ran out but they were still alive after massacring my prologue mission troops..

It's also not the developer's responsibility to cater to one person's needs. I'm sure someone on the forum has a complete opposite opinion. Ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish by pointing out the game is "dog *****". If you don't like the game, don't play it. Very simple.

It's also not the developer's responsibility to cater to one person's needs. I'm sure someone on the forum has a complete opposite opinion. Ask yourself what you are trying to accomplish by pointing out the game is "dog *****". If you don't like the game, don't play it. Very simple.
Are you ****ing kidding me? What kind of glue are you sniffing?

There are over a MILLION downloads of that mod.

For an Early Access game.

Get off your smoothbrain high-horse. This isn't just me. It's a substantial fraction of the entire player base.

Back
Top Bottom