What guitar do you play?

Users who are viewing this thread

Anyone know a guitar with good pickups and sustain for metalheads?  :cool:
I'm still playing with my crappy Yamaha ERG 121C, but got a Fender G-DEC 15w amp for it.
Also any nice effect pedals would be greatly appreciated. But please remember, I'm 16, and don't have much money.

Vox DA10 amp. Comes with plenty of effects. And is really powerful for a 10 watt, and relatively cheap for an amp that good.

Just a recommendation for an amp/effects pedal in one.

I mostly play bass guitar but, I also play alotta guitar as well.  I got lucky: my dad also loves guitars so he's always happy to buy me a new one :grin:.

Bass Guitars: -Epiphone Thunderbird IV, black with a dark purple pickguard
-B.C Rich Beast
-Trusty 'ol 5-string fender jazz

Guitars: -Gibson Les Paul Studio
-The ever so awesomely uncomfortable but schweet looking Razorback
-Taylor T-5
-Taylor "Big Baby" (yes its a stupid name but, a foine guitar)

Cride said:
I'm still playing with my crappy Yamaha ERG 121C, but got a Fender G-DEC 15w amp for it.
Also any nice effect pedals would be greatly appreciated. But please remember, I'm 16, and don't have much money.
Look for an old Schecter Omen 6 or any schecter in the hellraiser series Omen 6 was my first guitar great for metal has Seymour Duncans just great And then I got the hellraiser avenger(doesn't really matter which one it's about looks they all have the same specs)which has EMG's obviously great for metal as for amps hershey was pretty right.

krik killer said:
Cride said:
Look for an old Schecter Omen 6 or any schecter in the hellraiser series Omen 6 was my first guitar great for metal has Seymour Duncans just great And then I got the hellraiser avenger(doesn't really matter which one it's about looks they all have the same specs)which has EMG's obviously great for metal as for amps hershey was pretty right.

Aren't the omens a 7-string series? Meh, I was anyways thinking of a 7-string, might as well go check it out.
Thanks!

Cride said:
krik killer said:
Cride said:

Aren't the omens a 7-string series? Meh, I was anyways thinking of a 7-string, might as well go check it out.
Thanks!
The omen-7 is a seven string the omen 6 is a six string

krik killer said:
Cride said:
krik killer said:
Cride said:

Thanks!
The omen-7 is a seven string the omen 6 is a six string

My bad.

Does anyone know a good site for some relatively easy stuff to play? I've hit the problem that results from trying to teach myself: Not knowing what exactly I should be learning first and I can't think of a lot of songs that are just my level (which is pretty low to put it bluntly).

Sir Lulzalot said:
Does anyone know a good site for some relatively easy stuff to play? I've hit the problem that results from trying to teach myself: Not knowing what exactly I should be learning first and I can't think of a lot of songs that are just my level (which is pretty low to put it bluntly).

Can't give you a site, but this advice. Always try to play something that is a bit than what you can play. This helps you get better.
Also, if you PM your e-mail to me I can send some finger synchronization exercises.

And last but not least, download TuxGuitar in order to be able to view GP files, but without the need to pay for a program.

GhostsInTheSnow said:
Haha what college do you go to?  Or when looking for a dorm did you check the "quiet room"  :razz:

It is a general rule sadly and I checked the numerical equivalent for "Don't give a ****". Damn them fancy edumacational institutions.

I now currently play an Epiphone Les Paul Standard. Pretty damn nice entry level guitar.

I used to have a Marshall MG15 15W but I returned it because of all the bad reviews it was getting.
So what amps do you guys suggest at a $150~ range? I'm thinking about either of these:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-DA10-Guitar-Combo-Amp-483001-i1320539.gc
http://www.guitarcenter.com/Vox-Valvetronix-VT15-15W-1x8-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105156533-i1428846.gc

Looking for a nice clean to mid-gain sound. I care more about tone, but effects are nice too.

Thanks in advance!

Why would anyone want to play bass anyway? All you'll be doing is playing the same note for a minute then moving on to a different note for another minute etc

Back
Top Bottom