What Grinds your gears: Napoleonic Wars

Users who are viewing this thread

TheAwesomeAce said:
Fair warning, I'm in a bad mood, so my list is long.

-Bayonets being OP. (Probably gonna start an argument.)
-Personal issues with cavalry, especially in CB.
-The killing of innocent musicians and flag bearers.
-A part of the community that is basically mindless and sees the enemy as just kills.
-Did I mention bayonets being OP?

Please explain more on why this grinds your gears.

Fall of Denial said:
TheAwesomeAce said:
Fair warning, I'm in a bad mood, so my list is long.

-Bayonets being OP. (Probably gonna start an argument.)
-Personal issues with cavalry, especially in CB.
-The killing of innocent musicians and flag bearers.
-A part of the community that is basically mindless and sees the enemy as just kills.
-Did I mention bayonets being OP?

Please explain more on why this grinds your gears.

Agreed.

This didn't really 'grind my gears', but on battle yesterday the last player on the french team was hiding in a building spamming 'PLEASE DON'T KILL ME' into chat.

Needless to say, I enjoyed kicking the door in and blowing his whiny crying face off.

This didn't really 'grind my gears', but on battle yesterday the last player on the french team was hiding in a building spamming 'PLEASE DON'T KILL ME' into chat.

Needless to say, I enjoyed kicking the door in and blowing his whiny crying face off.

Ooooohhh you're a bad ass.

TheBoberton said:
Xeroth said:

We're all mad at this. I had to tell you to drop the subject on US 1 while I was in there.

Homophobic slurs are ban-able, curses aren't. Get over it.
Watchoutwegotabadass_zpsdaf92319.jpg

RyanBoss said:

Im not saying Im 'Badass' as you put it, but when a guy is hiding and whining, preventing 80 odd people from playing the next round, do you not think it was well deserved?

No need to be a **** about it.

Couple more:

Cavalry that charge straight into the bayonet and a quick death, its so funny and common that its starting to annoy me.

Again, this didn't annoy me, but some Regimental Elitist was having a go at all the publics for too many teamkills and generally being useless.
Then he got auto-kicked for excessive teamkills. Lol.

Are you American or EU? cause it might have been my friend that was with me on that server (had a different nickname been spying around)

Niftyeye said:
Again, this didn't annoy me, but some Regimental Elitist was having a go at all the publics for too many teamkills and generally being useless.
Then he got auto-kicked for excessive teamkills. Lol.

It's an unspoken rule, don't trash talk because the universe loves irony. Back in MM we had a pretty decent player (still active and prominent, won't name names) do amazing for two rounds running, killed almost the entire opposing team by himself.

So he says "fighting you lot is like fighting bots".

For the next seven rounds he got no kills at all.

A few weeks ago I was doing fairly well on Strangefields as a hussar, killed/dehorsed most of their cav by myself.

So when the new map starts I'm like "COME AT ME HORSEBROS" and of course a dragoon shoots me right on the first approach. And then again the map after. And then again.

So yeah, don't trash talk unless you are prepared to look silly afterwards.

Niftyeye said:
RyanBoss said:

Im not saying Im 'Badass' as you put it, but when a guy is hiding and whining, preventing 80 odd people from playing the next round, do you not think it was well deserved?

Don't worry I'm just jesting. I know that feel btw.

And to answer the threads question... It's gotta be point blanking. There's nothing worse than relishing a melee battle only to be shot in the face :mad:

Officers abusing the do not fire at officers rule. They'll stand 10 meters away from the line and fire pistol-shot after pistol-shot, whilst beeing protected from enemy fire. The entire rule is prepostrous, and hold no historical grounds. Officers who force you to apolagize when you shoot them, even if it is in the charge.

This, Gentlemen, Grinds Me'gears

Talii said:
Officers abusing the do not fire at officers rule. They'll stand 10 meters away from the line and fire pistol-shot after pistol-shot, whilst beeing protected from enemy fire. The entire rule is prepostrous, and hold no historical grounds. Officers who force you to apolagize when you shoot them, even if it is in the charge.

This, Gentlemen, Grinds Me'gears

100% agree

They are part of a line, so I just shoot at them. Specially in the charge - bloody swordspammers.

RyanBoss said:
Niftyeye said:
RyanBoss said:

Don't worry I'm just jesting. I know that feel btw.

Ok, no harm done, I was in a bad mood that day, apologies for coming on strong.

Back
Top Bottom