What Features Do You Want to See?

Users who are viewing this thread

Just type features which will make a wealthy game experience and break the idea of " still doing the same thing in whole game". Do not write fixes like the ladder issue. Minor or major it doesn't matter just write what you want in full realesed game but don't go to utopian things.( you can write maybe a mod like freelancer or a new content like armor stand). And if we are lucky some devs may see and care them.

No need to start another one of these threads as they only transforms into rants, name calling etc. Moreover it has already been seen, heard, ignored and acknowledged by mulitple devs and community members ?

No need to start another one of these threads as they only transforms into rants, name calling etc. Moreover it has already been seen, heard, ignored and acknowledged by mulitple devs and community members ?

Thx I'll look at them all

1. Better peace negotiations/diplomacy
2. Better kingdom laws (most seem to simply manipulate influence gains but not actually have any effect on the game)
3. Revert the fief granting system back to what it was in warband (king can grant to anyone and players can talk other vassals into supporting them)
4. Feasts (were these not invented yet?)
5. The ability to set a clan head quarters (like a court in warband) which is also your kingdom court
6. A different court in each (or most) cities and maybe castles. Currently even a city just has a dinky little court, not big enough for feasts!

Just type features which will make a wealthy game experience and break the idea of " still doing the same thing in whole game".
1) States between the war/peace binary. Such as hostilities without sieges or peace without trade. Give an opportunity for more small war without opening up factions to get outright deleted by doomstacks.

2) Resource redistribution to encourage trade. Right now, resources are -- largely -- spread across the map, especially luxuries. Maybe make some factions exclusive, at least at the start.

3) Off-map raids/threats and trade opportunities. Occasional attacks from off-map to prevent the safe flank phenomenon of non-Imperial factions while offsetting that with lucrative trade nodes that begin/end at the map edge to encourage fighting over them.

4) Refugee notables who can (re)populate settlements, along with options to install your own companions as notables.

5) More options to play tall by developing your fiefs rather than playing wide (conquering everything) being objectively better in every way that matters.

6) Some kind of alert when mercenaries become hireable and biddibng wars over mercenaries.

7) Better army controls. I should be able to assign cav to a specific leader amdbhave him act as a tackler to snag faster moving parties. I can already do approximately that via clan parties but it is micro heavy. I should also be able to assign troops/parties to a reserve and leave them out of battle.

There is some other stuff.

1. Big bandit army/allow to exceed party limit with bandit troops roguery perk. Simple implementation, make bandits not desert for exceeding party limit/not drop morale if all you have are bandit troops. (and more gamechanging perks that introduce new mechanics and ways to play, just like the stewardship ones).

2. Tavern improvements.

a) Mercenary troops revision. I never feel I want to hire mercenary troops, they're kinda uncool. Way too expensive for the type of troops we get. We should get at least more interesting/cooler types of troops for mercenaries (someone mentioned sword sisters at one point). I want back my lowly thugs which were cheaper units, and I'd be happy to be able to recruit them off the streets at least. Current mercenaries feel so generic to me that I never bother).

b) Better/more board games. Should be more immersive and rewarding to play them. I'm not saying 1000 coins win after every match, but at least let me play 2 matches before the AI is like: "Aight I'm done". If I choose to go to the tavern and sit down to play a board game I'd like to not be kicked off my seat so quickly. It's a bit anti-climatic. 2 or 3 playable games would be nice, and for immersion don't let us choose difficulty and all that AI-like stuff, make it feel like a real part of the world.

3. Main character death chance in battles option. I want some risk to playing poorly. I want to feel rewarded for playing well, and being able to grind and reach high levels with a character that I kept alive despite the risk would feel pretty neat.

4. Still dreaming of my own hideout to upgrade and survive raids/sieges from bandits and others, but that won't ever come (would be a great money sink and also way to level engineering early). At least make bandits raid villages, I find it weird that they don't. And bandit heroes are another thing I dream of, legendary bandit figures that rise up to lead those lowly scum to greater purpose (even besieging a settlement).

That's all I can think of for now. Mainly I want little things and polish.

Last edited:
Line of sight, this whole idea that your and the enemy's troops know where each other are at all times is so ****ing stupid, it literally removes the entire tactical surprise elements out of battles

and of course any of the 50 other features this game desperately needed

I didn't know I wanted this until now. How would you go about it?
Militarily: Allowing prosperous and relatively safe (no recent raids, few bandit attacks on village parties) settlements to draw the "lost" notables of other settlements as refugees. A quest chain for bringing the notables of a town or village around to your side for bonuses to loyalty, militia or troop production.

Economically: Increase the number and effectiveness of improvement levels for projects, at the cost of increasing their fragility if lost. Perhaps allowing additional workshops, more productive consumption for prosperity bonuses and/or possibly unlocking additional hearth thresholds for the villages of improved settlements. And maybe a similar merchant's quest chain that would (essentially) provide the player and town merchants with more powerful, faster (more mounted units, 60 troops max) caravans that could stand-up to the late-game bandit parties.

It would be kinda risky and require a lot of finicky balance stuff that TW really doesn't want to mess with right now.

I'd like to see bandit parties try raiding when they become strong enough to challenge the militia stationed in villages instead of chasing peasants they can't catch. If they're designed to be everywhere, all the time, why not letting them bring more chaos to the land and earn their name. This may help AI lords to catch and annihilate them easier as well thanks to the disorganized speed penalty and help them train their recruits.

- Smart campaign AI:
  • No armies wandering about aimlessly in peace time, wasting resources and money
  • Armies assembled only for specific purposes (sieges, siege defenses, raids, field battles)
  • Lords traveling around the map without their armies, (but with their small company of course) feasts, celebrations, other civilian events
- More dialogue options and RPG elements
  • Lords with actual personalities, not just clones with the same AI
  • Actually being able to converse with NPCs, better relationship mechanics, unexpected behavior
  • Consequences of actions, NPCs behaving differently after certain events (execution of a relative, death of a friend, loss of a battle or a town; basically adding soul to the game)
  • Feuds between lords, intrigues and schemes that the player can take part in
- Owning estates (fields, houses, workers), alternative income methods, more stuff to do in peace time.

Don't get your hopes up. I read the Turkish forums and watched the dev interviews with mexxico. TaleWorlds basically has no intention to enrich the game with new and exciting features like these (reason being "too complicated"). They will just focus on fixing minor inconveniences and adding small QoL features. We can't even get a basic diplomacy feature. Not even sensible war reasons. And since good devs like mexxico are leaving, I fear that the company is becoming more of an intern den rather than competent developers. Honestly, their lack of vision deeply saddens me. Oh, what could have been...

• More things to do, fun and worthwhile things to work on in peacetime.
  • Quests that don't suck.
  • Being able to train troops without having to kill looters for hours upon end, without crappy auto resolve forcing you to be present all the time.
  • Diplomacy.
  • Politics and intrigue.
  • Being able to form relationships with lords, good and bad, and have memorable interactions, sorta like some obscure game called Warband had, but better.
  • War not being such a ridiculously endless meat grinder.
  • Some level of courting ffs.
  • Better formations, better formation combat, unit collision, better AI.
  • Sieges that actually work and are balanced (big advantage to defenders but not nigh on impossible for attackers).
  • More immersion features, and things that add life to the game even if they aren't "important gameplay features."
  • More of the strategy, management, and RPG side of things than "just an action game".
  • More paths to take in gameplay, styles, and roles.
  • More fief management and Kingdom management.
  • More depth and complexity.
There's more but these are the ones that stick out to me the most as sorely missing from the game that is off the top of my head. Not that it matters or that TW cares. I just hope mods can shine, as that front at least seemed to have had good news recently. I just wish the game had more life, depth, and complexity to it. I don't see why we can't combine Crusader Kings and M&B battles and sandbox into the same game. Not that I want M&B to be Crusader Kings, but I wish that the game had that kind of depth and fun with its politics, diplomacy, and management in its own way, because those departments are completely nonexistent.

Right to Rule, i loved that feature in Warband, even though it wasn't that difficult to raise through your companions, it was a stone in your shoe that prevented you to rise to power too soon, in Bannerlord there's no such thing, you can take over the entire thing without a word being said.

I guess you can call RtR politics and that is what this game need right now, it needs more soul.

Increase relationship with lords and ladies when you fight with them or rescue them in battle, another Warband feature that i sorely miss.

Different successions for each kingdom rather than having all in the game following the same, it's too simple.

War attrition, from fight but also from traveling into enemy terrority to make strategic positions on the map count, Sturgia for example would be a lot better off if the Empire and Khuzait had attrition from traveling through their snowy landscape, important stuff.

The base game is still lacking in terms of gameplay mechanics, if they focus on console too much i know where this game will end up, in the garbage bin unfortunately.

Last edited:
As the other person has advised, I strongly advise looking at this thread:

It's one of the most important and I strongly wish the developers would look more closely at it and participate in that thread more than they currently do.

In order:
  1. Working relationships with clan and spouse
  2. A reason not to save-scum through every persuasion mini-game
  3. Personality traits and non-combat skills to level at a sane rate (it takes recruiting FIFTY clans to get to Calculating 1 and killing 2 MILLION peasants or 20,000 caravans to get Roguery to 275)
  4. Spears to be useful in infantry melee
  5. Formations to not suck: i.e. shieldwalls should be the best and loose formation the worse - not vice versa as it is now
  6. Kingdom Diplomacy (literally everything in the Diplomacy Fixes mod)
  7. Everything in the Freelancer mod
  8. Bandits balanced to not constantly-respawn and scale on player level so they become unstoppable juggernauts
  9. Economy balanced and functional - no towns starving because they started with Prosperity too high
  10. OMG EFFING SIEGE AI

As the other person has advised, I strongly advise looking at this thread:

It's one of the most important and I strongly wish the developers would look more closely at it and participate in that thread more than they currently do.
11. For you to look at this thread and also the one at the top of my sig - then put the latter in your sig too.

• Deserters - mid to high tier troops, more challenging to players later in game
  • Patrols - for each faction, players and a.i. can hire them, they can defend a village or castle/ towns or scout enemy territories to gain more info on a fief for example. You can tell them what to do, follow me, hold this area, scout / defend, join my party etc.
  • Man hunters - hunt bandits, perhaps players can do special quest for them for special rewards (gaining new new armour, weapons, etc.) Quest would be like hunting particular bandits, hideouts, boss leaders etc. But they'll help you as well maybe?
  • Camp feature - like in warband but more in-depth, talking to soldiers how they feel in the party (morale status), talking to companions, gives tips to players on what needs to be done, act like advisers maybe?
  • Better tournaments - ranked from low tier to elite tier, players would need to fight lower tier first for a few times before going up a rank, the higher the rank, the more rewards and better equipments and harder opponents
  • Minor factions - players can join them and rise in power, minor factions has more lore and can interfere and threaten major factions, don't like it how they're mercenaries only. Similar to prophecy of pendor, doing special quest for them before joining to gain their trust, each minor faction would be unique.
  • Starting sand box options - Players can either start as lord - quicker start, no early grinding, already has a castle, has decent skills, decent party size relation status etc. Start as mercenary, similar to starting as lord but less skills and troop count etc. but players would already be part of kingdom as mercenary, they'll choose from character creation. Lastly, start as adventurer, basically how it is now when starting new sand box. Starting as lord is an easier way to start game, mercenary is intermediate and adventure is hard, so the character development would need to changed when starting as lord or mercenary.

Back
Top Bottom