What events happened on your B-day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Deserath

Sergeant Knight
Me and a friend were just messin' about over steam when he mentioned some School Work about finding out events that happened in History on his Birthday.

His Birthday, June 30th is a host to many disasters in the sky.
2009 – Yemenia Flight 626 crashes into the Indian Ocean, near Comoros, killing all but one of the 153 passengers and crew on board.
1985 – Thirty-nine American hostages from the hijacked TWA Flight 847 are freed in Beirut after being held for 17 days.
1971 – The crew of the Soviet Soyuz 11 spacecraft are killed when their air supply escapes through a faulty valve.
1956 – A TWA Super Constellation and a United Airlines DC-7 (Flight 71:cool: collide above the Grand Canyon in Arizona, United States, killing all 128 on board the two planes.
1959 – A United States Air Force F-100 Super Sabre from Kadena Air Base, Okinawa, crashes into a nearby elementary school, killing 11 students plus six residents from the local neighborhood.

While the trend in his was Air disasters, we found that mine April 23rd was the day for King's to die.
725 – Wihtred, King of Kent
1016 – Ethelred II of England
1124 – King Alexander I of Scotland
1151 – Queen Adeliza of England
1217 – King Inge II of Norway
1605 – Tsar Boris Godunov of Russia
1784 – King Solomon I of Imereti

So, what happened on your Birthday?

Yes that's where we found the information but the point was to pull interesting things from it not link the whole page.

August 20 is my birthday:

Some notable years that I pulled out from Wikipedia.

1920 – "The first commercial radio station, 8MK (now WWJ), begins operations in Detroit, Michigan."

1940 – "British Prime Minister Winston Churchill makes the fourth of his famous wartime speeches, containing the line 'Never was so much owed by so many to so few'."

1858 – "Charles Darwin first publishes his theory of evolution through natural selection in The Journal of the Proceedings of the Linnean Society of London, alongside Alfred Russel Wallace's same theory."

1998 – "The Supreme Court of Canada rules that Quebec cannot legally secede from Canada without the federal government's approval."

Deserath said:
Yes that's where we found the information but the point was to pull interesting things from it not link the whole page.

There's no real need in my case - I have a day that doesn't officially exist, and pretty much all the rest is natural disasters and explosions. Oh, and the founding/independence of the RoC, Fiji and Cuba. End of the Second Hellenic Republic. Few important assassinations and battles early on, like Tours.

But mostly explosions. First accidental nuclear explosion, first sabotaged plane explosion. Stuff like that.

Uhm, somewhere in Holland, can't remember what place or year, but on my birthday a fireworks factory burned down :grin:
It's like it knew it was my birthday!

And my brother his birthday is on the 1st of September, so, the invasion of Poland :3

1227 – Polish Prince Leszek I the White is assassinated at an assembly of Piast dukes at Gąsawa.
1429 – Joan of Arc unsuccessfully besieges La Charité.
1542 – Battle of Solway Moss: The English army defeats the Scots.
1642 – Abel Tasman becomes the first European to discover the island Van Diemen's Land (later renamed Tasmania).
1835 – The Texas Provincial Government authorizes the creation of a horse-mounted police force called the Texas Rangers (which is now the Texas Ranger Division of the Texas Department of Public Safety).
1850 – Danish troops defeat a Schleswig-Holstein force in the town of Lottorf, Schleswig-Holstein.
1859 – Charles Darwin publishes On the Origin of Species, the anniversary of which is sometimes called "Evolution Day"
1944 – World War II: Bombing of Tokyo – The first bombing raid against the Japanese capital from the east and by land is carried out by 88 American aircraft.
1950 – The "Storm of the Century", a violent snowstorm, takes shape on this date before paralyzing the northeastern United States and the Appalachians the next day, bringing winds up to 100 mph and sub-zero temperatures. Pickens, West Virginia, records 57 inches of snow. 353 people would die as a result of the storm.

Deaths:
1991 – Freddie Mercury, Zanzibar-born singer (Queen) (b. 1946)
1991 – Eric Carr, American drummer (KISS) (b. 1950)

:sad:

13th of March... Lets see here...

624 – Battle of Badr: a key battle between Muhammad's army – the new followers of Islam and the Quraish of Mecca. The Muslims won this battle, known as the turning point of Islam, which took place in the Hejaz region of western Arabia.
1781 – William Herschel discovers Uranus.
1809 – Gustav IV Adolf of Sweden is deposed in a coup d'état.    Me being Swedish and all...
1862 – American Civil War: The U.S. federal government forbids all Union army officers to return fugitive slaves, thus effectively annulling the Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 and setting the stage for the Emancipation Proclamation.
1865 – American Civil War: The Confederate States of America agree to the use of African American troops.
1881 – Alexander II of Russia is killed near his palace when a bomb is thrown at him. (Gregorian date: it was March 1 in the Julian calendar then in use in Russia.)
1921 – Mongolia, under Baron Roman Ungern von Sternberg, declares its independence from China.
1933 – Great Depression: Banks in the U.S. begin to re-open after President Franklin D. Roosevelt mandates a "bank holiday".
1938 – Anschluss of Austria to the Third Reich.
1940 – The Russo-Finnish Winter War ends.
1943 – World War II: In Bougainville, Japanese troops end their assault on American forces at Hill 700.
1943 – The Holocaust: German forces liquidate the Jewish ghetto in Kraków.

Well... That is the only "interesting" things I found.

May 29th
First thing i saw

"Nazi's kill 5 Turkish women in Solingen Germany "
How very positive.

AD526  Antioch struck by Earthquake; about 250,000 die 

AD1660  Charles II restored to English throne after Puritan Commonwealth

AD1940  In WW II, Germans capture Ostend and Ypres in Belgium and Lille in France 

AD1970  U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test (underground)

AD1977  U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test at Semipalitinsk, Eastern Kazakhstan U.S.S.R.

AD1978  U.S.S.R. performs nuclear test at Semipalitinsk, Eastern Kazakhstan U.S.S.R.

Another site said

AD363 - Roman Emperor Julian defeats the Sassanid army in the Battle of Ctesiphon, under the walls of the Sassanid capital, but is unable to take the city.

AD1652 - English Admiral Robert Blake drives out Dutch fleet under lt-adm Tromp

AD1987 - Michael Jackson attempts to buy Elephant Man's remains

AD1996 - Space Shuttle STS 77 Endeavour 11), lands

AD1999 - Space Shuttle Discovery completes the first docking with the International Space Station

John Kennedy and Charles II also share the same birthday.

July 1st

69 – Tiberius Julius Alexander orders his Roman legions in Alexandria to swear allegiance to Vespasian as Emperor.
1097 – Battle of Dorylaeum: Crusaders led by Prince Bohemond of Taranto defeat a Seljuk army led by Sultan Kilij Arslan I.
1569 – Union of Lublin: the Kingdom of Poland and the Great Duchy of Lithuania confirm a real union; the unit
1858 – Joint reading of Charles Darwin and Alfred Russel Wallace's papers on evolution to the Linnean Society.ed country is called the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth or the Republic of Both Nations.
1863 – Keti Koti (Emancipation Day) in Suriname, marking the abolition of slavery by the Netherlands.
1863 – American Civil War: the Battle of Gettysburg begins.
1881 – The world's first international telephone call is made between St. Stephen, New Brunswick, Canada, and Calais, Maine, United States.
1898 – Spanish-American War: the Battle of San Juan Hill is fought in Santiago de Cuba.
1908 – SOS is adopted as the international distress signal.
1915 – Lieutenant Kurt Wintgens achieves the first known aerial victory with a synchronized gun-equipped fighter plane, the Fokker M.5K/MG Eindecker.
1916 – World War I: First day on the Somme – On the first day of the Battle of the Somme 19,000 soldiers of the British Army are killed and 40,000 wounded.
1921 – The Communist Party of China is founded.
1960 – Independence of Somalia.
1960 – Ghana becomes a Republic and Kwame Nkrumah becomes its first President as Queen Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom ceases to be its Head of state.
1962 – Independence of Rwanda.
1962 – Independence of Burundi.
1968 – The Nuclear non-proliferation treaty is signed in Washington, D.C., London and Moscow by sixty-two countries.
1990 – German re-unification: East Germany accepts the Deutsche Mark as its currency, thus uniting the economies of East and West Germany.
1991 – The Warsaw Pact is officially dissolved at a meeting in Prague.
1967 – Pamela Anderson, Canadian model is born

Hell Yeah

Back
Top Bottom