What else remains to be explained?

Users who are viewing this thread

Orion said:
It's a single post asking about enabling mod compatibility in a compilation thread for unanswered questions. It's relevant and restrained, so it's not spam. The best way to deal with spam is to report it and move on, so please do that in the future.

GreenLight7 said:
It is very important thing,i think,maybe be listed in topic?
Agreed. The ability to roll back game versions is important for a game whose predecessor has been sustained by mods for nearly a decade. Some clarity on this would be appreciated, especially because the multiplayer aspect of the game complicates this.
Thanks

Orion said:
It's a single post asking about enabling mod compatibility in a compilation thread for unanswered questions. It's relevant and restrained, so it's not spam. The best way to deal with spam is to report it and move on, so please do that in the future.

My bad. Sorry GreenLight7.

I have a question on visuals:

Are the particle effects such as dust clouds and projectile trails the final version?

In the latest devblog they looked a bit off, almost like placeholders begging to be tweaked.

Actually I didn't see any info about Character creation. I don't mean face generator. I am talking about character backgrounds etc.
Is there changes from Warband? Unlike Warband, I wish to choice Character Nationality, not only start city. Also I'd like to see unique backgrounds for different nationalities and, on the other hand, some restrictions. For example you can't be page in nobleman court as Khuzait, and you can't be steppe child as Vlandian. And so on.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/261550/?snr=1_wishlist_4__wishlist-capsule said:
Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, [size=12pt]rebellions[/size], kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

Rebellions, devblog when.

As we have often been told, the game is subject to changes that may eventually occur. On this time we have been updated with information regarding the weather effects within the game.

Armagan said:
Terco_Viejo said:
Do the weather conditions within the MP game physically affect the assets (agent, missile, etc)? This system is implemented in the SP?

Gameplay effects of weather on horse speed, archery etc work only in single player.  In MP there are no effects on any of the stats.

SturgiaStrong said:
Actually I didn't see any info about Character creation. I don't mean face generator. I am talking about character backgrounds etc.
Is there changes from Warband? Unlike Warband, I wish to choice Character Nationality, not only start city. Also I'd like to see unique backgrounds for different nationalities and, on the other hand, some restrictions. For example you can't be page in nobleman court as Khuzait, and you can't be steppe child as Vlandian. And so on.

Callum said on Discord like half a year ago that you choose an in-game culture for your character

Er74u.png

Also on rebellions:

R_yaV.png

I just found this in Steam. User 沙綾 claims to have scrambled into the Beta game files finding evidence of a supposed " assassination mechanic". But it is still somewhat early for rejoicing; however, it's still a pretty interesting revelation.

<!--vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv ASSASSINATION ANIMATIONS - BEGIN vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv/-->
<!--Commented out because animation not used
<animation id="anim_assassinate" param1="3" duration="2.43" anim_data_name="anim_assassinate" source1="1" source2="74" blend_in_period="0.3">
<flags>
<flag name="priority" value="10" />
<flag name="lock_movement" />
</flags>
</animation>-->
<!--Commented out because animation not used
<animation id="anim_assassinate_death" param1="3" duration="3" anim_data_name="anim_assassinate" source1="75" source2="165" blend_in_period="0.3">
<flags>
<flag name="update_bounding_volume" />
<flag name="client_prediction" />
<flag name="keep" />
<flag name="enforce_all" />
<flag name="lock_camera" />
<flag name="priority" value="95" />
</flags>
</animation>-->
<animation id="backstab_killer_1" param1="3" duration="2.33" anim_data_name="anim_assassinate" source1="166" source2="236" blend_in_period="0.3">
<flags>
<flag name="priority" value="10" />
</flags>
</animation>
<animation id="backstab_victim_1" param1="3" duration="2.2" anim_data_name="anim_assassinate" source1="237" source2="303" blend_in_period="0.3">
<flags>
<flag name="update_bounding_volume" />
<flag name="keep" />
<flag name="enforce_all" />
<flag name="lock_camera" />
<flag name="priority" value="95" />
</flags>
</animation>
<animation id="simple_bone_anim" param1="0.4" duration="2.5" anim_data_name="simple_bone_anim" source1="1" source2="100" blend_in_period="0.3">
<flags>
<flag name="cyclic" />
<flag name="enforce_lowerbody" />
</flags>
</animation>
<!--^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ASSASSINATION ANIMATIONS - END ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^/-->

Insider said:
Svarogorije said:
Have they explained how will the Minor factions work compared to the "Main factions" ?

They said you can't join them but you can hire them as mercenaries

Yup, basically this because minor factions works like an independent clan and the player already starts the game with his clan/house so he can't join another one.

I remember they saying that you create your house at game start and customize it's initial members, only you or an initial wife, siblings, children and the like, no idea if it will have a limit of how many of your family you can already create at game start or if it'll be open to your roleplaying desires.

Insider said:
SturgiaStrong said:

Callum said on Discord like half a year ago that you choose an in-game culture for your character

Er74u.png

Also on rebellions:

R_yaV.png

Some nice info, I love the idea of being able to choose your own culture and it is nice there will be differences which each culture and what you can do!

vicwiz007 said:
I think theyve pretty much touched on everything, it's just a matter of how in-depth they want to go into each thing.

Yes, but I want them to go in-depth and talk about everything because even though they have touched upon pretty much everything they skimmed the surface on a lot things and gave us too much information on others. I.E. Camels. Let Tale world talk about the seasons, interfaces, quality of life improvements, army management, more kingdom management, the quest system, companions and companion management, enterprises and enterprise management/rivel enterprise information screens, the down and dirty of trade/trade items, economy, relationships, clans, clan management, marriage, inheritance, permadeath, diplomacy (Including inter Kingdom diplomacy), Influence. I could go on and on and on. A lot of it they have gone over, and some of it quite well, but we would never say no to more in-depth information on pretty much everything because a lot of the dev blogs are nice, but they tend to function as an overview and not an in-depth analysis of the systems at play.

For instance, I found the dev blog on heat maps very interesting so I wouldn't mind knowing more about what is Tale world struggling within development and what tools are they using to address issues with specific examples, like what are they using and how are they using tools to correct AI behavior especially over extended periods of time. I mean they have barely talked about the late game, so talking more about the tools they are using to perfect it could give us information like, how a faction will respond to multiple sieges on their territory, does it split it's forced or save one castle and if so which one? How it will the AI react if a faction is close to being wiped out? Even though Player-Created kingdoms won't be in the Early Acess what plans do Taleworlds have to improve upon that experience from Warband Beyond what the new influence and policy system will affect? Are there systems in place to prevent an excess of bandits from cropping up and permanently crippling a region.
Even though the AI is balanced against each other how are they adjusting that balance once the player is introduced to provide difficulty and balance against an unpredictable variable? There are so many questions we have not received specific in-depth answers for.

TLDR Would like some more in-depth information, even just reiterating on old Dev Blogs but with fresh information that wasn't there before. It would also be nice to hear about Taleworlds ideas for content that they may not have been implemented yet, which we could take with a grain of salt, but at least we could see what they are thinking even though the idea is not concrete yet. I.E. Quests, Player-Created Kingdoms, etc.

I think there were several times when TW wrote 'that's a story for another time' in their devblogs, would be nice for all of those to actually get conclusions...

A blog about modding possibilites especially regarding MP would put a lot of my questions (and significant worries) to rest, so I cast my vote towards that, for what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom