What else remains to be explained?

Users who are viewing this thread

Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Regarding weather effects: we have seasonal changes, so perhaps my statement was a bit off the mark there as they aren't really weather effects along the lines of something like thunder storms. 

What we don't have at this moment in time are weather effects that impact directly on gameplay in scenes, such as rain that prevents your crossbow from firing, or anything else like that.

Welcome back,
So regarding this topic we are in the same place as before, nothing has changed since 2015

qcAL2T3.gif

blog_post_68_taleworldswebsite_03.gif

and the content of Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time should not be taken literally because the physical meteorological effects (slower horses with mud, reduced party speed on snow, etc ...) are non-existent in Bannerlord. The weather conditions are only a purely cosmetic component. Sadly understood.

Thank you for the clarification.

Topic: What else remains to be explained?
Answer: The absurd delay until the release of the game.

As for the lapse since the last blog, jet lag could explain it.  On the other hand, if someone travels for a one or two day event, they don't really have time to adjust to the new time schedule (especially if they try to maintain their original sleep schedule to some degree by staying in sync with their home time zone as much as possible), so there's only a minimal disruption after they return.  Once your body readjusts to the time shift, it takes a couple more days to shift back, so the trick for brief trips is to NOT change.

Terco_Viejo said:
Callum_TaleWorlds said:
Regarding weather effects: we have seasonal changes, so perhaps my statement was a bit off the mark there as they aren't really weather effects along the lines of something like thunder storms. 

What we don't have at this moment in time are weather effects that impact directly on gameplay in scenes, such as rain that prevents your crossbow from firing, or anything else like that.

Welcome back,
So regarding this topic we are in the same place as before, nothing has changed since 2015
qcAL2T3.gif

blog_post_68_taleworldswebsite_03.gif

and the content of Developer Blog 12 - The Passage Of Time should not be taken literally because the physical meteorological effects (slower horses with mud, reduced party speed on snow, etc ...) are non-existent in Bannerlord. The weather conditions are only a purely cosmetic component. Sadly understood.

Thank you for the clarification.

The Passage of Time blog was specifically related to seasonal/weather effects on the Campaign map. TW advised us some time ago that there would be no dynamic weather in scenes (i.e. every where else apart from the campaign map). So, I think your conclusion is incorrect. I still expect to see seasonal/weather effects on the campaign map. Further, as the campaign map has now been reconstructed within the scene editor, I am irrationally hoping that the seasonal/weather code used for the terrain map isn’t hard coded and can be hijacked by modders for scenes.  :grin:

Terco_Viejo said:
Orion, don't be angry
Far from it. If I still got angry over stuff on this forum, I wouldn't be a moderator. I have a bit of a record myself, but I've gotten past that kind of behavior. Perhaps this is why I'm rather lenient. :razz:

I don't know where to post it other than here. Some updates from steam:

callum-comment2.jpg
https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1849197902670958395/

callum-comment3.jpg
https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1770385542763120932/

Bjorn The Baker said:
I don't know where to post it other than here. Some updates from steam:

callum-comment2.jpg
https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1849197902670958395/

callum-comment3.jpg
https://steamcommunity.com/app/261550/discussions/0/1770385542763120932/

Thanks for the info

That's a bit disappointing...I'd rather have a some crown models to play with instead of a cutscene. If we have so many types of scabbards, how come we have no crowns?

But much more concerning than that - giving a thought about having coalitions?! Makes me believe their priorities criteria are quite odd. This is such a core thing to the strategic element of a game like this. I'd never imagine the devs would ever think of not including it.

Scary. May the gods of modding deliver us from evil... :facepalm:

First, thank you for bringing this information Bjorn...

Second, the statement not to include "coalitions" is very worrisome. So the advanced deep dilomacy you were telling us about, what has become of it? We can't make coalitions...we can't sign alliances...? There are currently too many features that are excused behind the "Not Right Now" protection... and I don't like that. I have the feeling that too many balloons are being poked at this party...

NPC99 said:
The Passage of Time blog was specifically related to seasonal/weather effects on the Campaign map. TW advised us some time ago that there would be no dynamic weather in scenes (i.e. every where else apart from the campaign map). So, I think your conclusion is incorrect. I still expect to see seasonal/weather effects on the campaign map. Further, as the campaign map has now been reconstructed within the scene editor, I am irrationally hoping that the seasonal/weather code used for the terrain map isn’t hard coded and can be hijacked by modders for scenes.  :grin:

When you can, would you be so kind as to provide the source?...only to have the reference under control in this space.

It's a pity... with how beautiful the sentence was:
Moving into the latter half of the video, there is a demonstration of seasons in the game. All scenes change dynamically according to the season, which is altered by a yearly cycle. This is also reflected on the world map by the advance and retreat of snow cover. The gameplay effects of this will also be felt by players who try to wage war in the winter, as troops will suffer greater losses to morale, demanding more food and fuel. One subtle but interesting benefit of the yearly cycle, which we have felt while play testing, is that it gives the player a much more innate connection to the advancement of the game world; feeling the steady flow of time as familiar places alter in appearance throughout each season.

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord Developer Blog 11 - Some Context

That _Sebastian_ has managed to implement Dynamic weather effects include wind, moving clouds, thunderstorms in scene (and more options) in a Warband mod  and that Taleworlds as a company does not implement it in Bannerlord...I don't know what to think about it.  :facepalm:

giphy.gif
AW54DCp.gif
1jNNQ1N.gif

So I read that quote about coalitions slightly different Terco. I think alliances are a thing, in the idea that you and I could sign an alliance to not attack each other. What isn't there is the ability for me to come to you and convince you to attack a third faction with me. Basically, if you play Total War games at all, you can sign an alliance, but you can't ask another faction to join your war/attack specific targets. However, it does seem that you could ask that of individual lords through the "barter screen" or whatever they called it.

Basically, that level of diplomacy is reserved for one on one interactions rather than faction-wide interactions.

Roccoflipside said:
So I read that quote about coalitions slightly different Terco. I think alliances are a thing, in the idea that you and I could sign an alliance to not attack each other. What isn't there is the ability for me to come to you and convince you to attack a third faction with me. Basically, if you play Total War games at all, you can sign an alliance, but you can't ask another faction to join your war/attack specific targets. However, it does seem that you could ask that of individual lords through the "barter screen" or whatever they called it.

Basically, that level of diplomacy is reserved for one on one interactions rather than faction-wide interactions.

It's not that I want to contradict you, mate  :wink:... but coalition is synonymous with alliance. And pact an alliance is generally an agreement between two parties, made in order to achieve objectives and interests beneficial to both (mutual affinity).

I think what you're saying is inherent in the concept...In any case...we continue to dance in limbo. Random comments outside the official forums that lead to confusion and disappointment.

Basically I'm saying you will be able to form a coalition, but you'll have to convince individual lords rather than going to the king and getting the whole kingdom on your side in one go. Not here to try to debate semantics  :iamamoron: , but I probably should have used "non-aggression pact" rather than alliance.

Also, I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that coalition was more than 2 groups, i.e. the Gulf War was a coalition (Nato & UN forces), while in Vietnam it was only allied forces (American and South Vietnamese).

Roccoflipside said:
Basically I'm saying you will be able to form a coalition, but you'll have to convince individual lords rather than going to the king and getting the whole kingdom on your side in one go. Not here to try to debate semantics  :iamamoron: , but I probably should have used "non-aggression pact" rather than alliance.

Also, I could be wrong, but I was always under the impression that coalition was more than 2 groups, i.e. the Gulf War was a coalition (Nato & UN forces), while in Vietnam it was only allied forces (American and South Vietnamese).

I'm in coalition with you.  :lol:
source.gif

Terco_Viejo said:
Roccoflipside said:

I'm in coalition with you.  :lol:
source.gif

Lol that's my philosophy on life mate  :party: :lol:

reading through these posts is making me a little worried with the depth of BL even in a basic shallow level! Scarier than having a masked psycho trying to kill me!

xdj1nn said:
reading through these posts is making me a little worried with the depth of BL even in a basic shallow level! Scarier than having a masked psycho trying to kill me!

giphy.gif

I'm terribly afraid of what we're going to find after lifting the "spoiling too much and ruining the experience before you get to play it " blanket.

As I understand seasons/weather, these change dynamically in the campaign map. Also, when you enter a scene (such as a battle) its season/weather is set based on that in the relevant location on the campaign map. However, once in the scene the set season/weather does not change dynamically within the scene.

27. Will we be able to simulate the flow of time in a scene without forcing a re-entry? (Morning-Noon-Evening-Night)
The atmosphere system is not designed to update in real-time, so you cannot simulate that without stutters. Maybe you can darken the screen, change the atmosphere and then do a fade in

https://steamcommunity.com/games/261550/announcements/detail/1464090667824385857

On the coalition discussion, Armagan said the barter system could be used to offer any deal to anyone. However, to avoid ridiculous outcomes the price for deals that run counter to an individual’s interest will be prohibitively expensive. Accordingly, I can’t see us bribing Lords of another faction to conduct acts of war against parties at peace with that faction.

Under the hood, the game takes what might be called a rather materialistic approach: In the world of Bannerlord's barters, everything has a price; the game internally assigns a numerical value in the game world's currency --denars to every possible item in a barter, then uses this monetary value to evaluate whether a deal is good or not. Something to be careful of, with this kind of system, is the potential of counter-intuitive results arising: For example bribing your arch-enemy to join your faction, if you pay the right amount. In practice though, this is a non-issue. The system will typically assign such exorbitant values to decisions of this sort, that these will be extremely difficult, if not altogether impossible, for the player to attain.
https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/12

I expect the nearest we will get to an active coalition (as opposed to coincidental but uncoordinated ones were two parties are independently at war with the same other faction) will be the ability of a faction to hire one or more minor mercenary factions to add to its war effort.

Vanilla Warband did not have alliances between kingdoms either. Given how few kingdoms there are, even two fighting together would be a huge advantage, that could make conflicts quite unbalanced. For instance, if you play as a vassal of Battania and then the Vlandians ally with the Western Empire against you, you're probably doomed. Bannerlord's focus seems to be on more detailed interior politics between clans, and I think that's a lot more interesting. 

Terco_Viejo said:
I'm terribly afraid of what we're going to find after lifting the "spoiling too much and ruining the experience before you get to play it " blanket.

I'm coming here just to read my exact thoughts. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom