What else remains to be explained?

Users who are viewing this thread

84Slashes said:
Do we know if NPCs will have agendas?

One concern I have is that randomly generated NPCs have a tendency to become same-y after a while.  Akadan/Aldric/Ubold the Miller/Baker/Shark... who can tell the difference?  Eventually they just become faceless resources that generate soldiers for me, the better the relationship number the better the soldiers.

Probably best if this was left to mods, but here are two examples of NPC agendas/motivation that I would find interesting:
- NPC has strong feelings about a particular faction.  Maybe they hate the Vlandians; and if you do quests for Vlandian lords and improve relations with them the NPC is more reluctant to hire troops to you (cost goes up).  If you join Vlandia, maybe they outright refuse to hire anyone to you.  Conversely, perhaps an NPC loves Sturgia, and if you've fought for them a few times they have a %change to give you troops for free -- 'for fighting the good fight'.  I think I would remember that NPC when I finally become a lord or king.

- NPC wants to gain control of a particular town, and to do that he needs all his competitor NPCs in the town weakened or removed.  I think something like this may already be in the plans for Bannerlord, since the quests we saw in the Gamescom demo (defend someone accused of a crime) had a stage where an NPC tries to sway us to work for them against the NPC that originally hired us.  This could be interesting in that you can play a role in setting up a criminal lord.  Even better would be if we can help an NPC take over multiple towns, becoming a true boss of a multi-town criminal empire.

This sort of NPC would be far more memorable in each playthrough, and I think I'd get more attached to them and immersed in the world, than an endless sea of Akadans the Bold/Snake/Miller/Tailor/Ironmonger.

The higher your relation with a specific NPC, the greater the number of soldiers they will make available to you.
This places inherent value on your relationship with a specific NPC, giving you a reason to complete quests for them, and enhance your capacity to recruit soldiers quickly, from a single location. Consider, also, the way this invests you in an NPC's safety and well-being; when that NPC is at risk, so too is your supply of soldiers. This link, between quests and the sandbox, is what provides interesting gameplay, as your character's connection to the world grows, making allies and enemies. In this sense, the impact of a quest is often more significant than the reward it offers.
A crucial change, in the nature of the quests themselves, is that the majority of quests, in Bannerlord, have multiple potential outcomes. As an example, when a character in a town tasks you with clearing out some thugs, who are occupying a local alley, upon meeting the gang, you are presented with a counter offer: go back to the quest-giver, extort money out of them for questioning the gang's authority and keep the profits for yourself. You can even clear out the thugs, as requested but instead of handing control back to the townsfolk, install your own men in the alley and begin a new criminal operation.
By offering these branching quests, Bannerlord gives you, as a player, the chance to define your relationship with different characters through a narrative. Instead of simply working to earn the favour of specific individuals, you are weighing the value of an NPC's allegiance, against a short term reward. And since the NPCs themselves have their own rivalries and disputes, even taking what seems like the moral option can compromise your standing, with those who disapprove of your choice of friends.

https://www.taleworlds.com/en/Games/Bannerlord/Blog/17

iQDfWwB.png

NPCs aren’t neutral or friendly with everyone as in Warband. They develop clan allegances.

Rodrigo Ribaldo said:
Vikings are overdone to bits, just like zombies were.
Why do you spam the board with this from a fresh account?

Two handed battle axe, beard , blue color on everything (Maybe only in Popular media) they are basically  COOL , BAD BOYS of middle age. Of course kids will love it. (Not trying to be offensive but some people think Nord Invasion is official)

KucukEniste said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

Two handed battle axe, beard , blue color on everything (Maybe only in Popular media) they are basically  COOL , BAD BOYS of middle age. Of course kids will love it. (Not trying to be offensive but some people think Nord Invasion is official)

Ι'm 27 and vikings are cool as hell. I certainly am not a kid, and knights are overdone to death 10 times more. Also green color, its cool aswell. Its certainly cooler than looking like a trash can. People who trash talk vikings are hipsters who like napoleonic era christmas tree uniforms and ugly guns.

578 said:
KucukEniste said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

Ι'm 27 and vikings are cool as hell. I certainly am not a kid, and knights are overdone to death 10 times more. Also green color, its cool aswell. Its certainly cooler than looking like a trash can. People who trash talk vikings are hipsters who like napoleonic era christmas tree uniforms and ugly guns.

You went from one needless generalization to another. Some people like viking stuff, some like knight stuff. No need to call the others kids or hipsters just because they like a different thing.

578 said:
KucukEniste said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

We, the Spanish conquistadors have breakfast every morning of Vikings dipped in the blood of a samurai flavored with English Redcoats. But of course... we're not that famous and we have to live in the shade.  :lol:  :iamamoron:

Terco_Viejo said:
578 said:
KucukEniste said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

We, the Spanish conquistadors have breakfast every morning of Vikings dipped in the blood of a samurai dressed in English Redcoats. But of course... we're not that famous and we have to live in the shade.  :lol:  :iamamoron:

Its okay Terco, I forgive you because its you.

578 said:
Terco_Viejo said:
578 said:
KucukEniste said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

We, the Spanish conquistadors have breakfast every morning of Vikings dipped in the blood of a samurai dressed in English Redcoats. But of course... we're not that famous and we have to live in the shade.  :lol:  :iamamoron:

We love each other and that's what matters. I love™ it when you brush my hairy Spanish macho chest with your rude Viking beard; oh I love those little tickles.  :iamamoron:

Terco_Viejo said:
578 said:
Terco_Viejo said:
578 said:
KucukEniste said:
Rodrigo Ribaldo said:

We love each other and that's what matters. I love™ it when you brush my hairy Spanish macho chest with your rude Viking beard; oh I love those little tickles.  :iamamoron:

I am using Grimfrost's beard oil. I find your description of my beard's touch misleading.

I need to apolagise that i didnt mean that all viking stuff fans are kids.I just wanted to say some of them are immature.

Again i don't want to sound offensive but

I certainly am not a kid, and knights are overdone to death 10 times more. Also green color, its cool aswell. Its certainly cooler than looking like a trash can. People who trash talk vikings are hipsters who like napoleonic era christmas tree uniforms and ugly guns.

You just proved my point.

KucukEniste said:
I need to apolagise that i didnt mean that all viking stuff fans are kids.I just wanted to say some of them are immature.

Again i don't want to sound offensive but

I certainly am not a kid, and knights are overdone to death 10 times more. Also green color, its cool aswell. Its certainly cooler than looking like a trash can. People who trash talk vikings are hipsters who like napoleonic era christmas tree uniforms and ugly guns.

You just proved my point.

Cool boys like us aint immature. You're just jealous we can actually grow facial hair.

Roccoflipside said:
Because that statement implies one of the biggest problems modern society faces, racism and the related isms, doesn't exist.

Way to jump to conclusions.

Count Delinard said:
Lolbash said:
Do babies born hating a random country? [...]
This is a shallow way to add in personality to NPC. [...]

NPCs wouldn't be children though but fully fledged out adults with their own life stories, why couldn't they have some randomly generated reason for hating them like *Sturgia razed my village and murdered my family*?

I can't exactly see how this could lead to placing a blanket ban on the entire faction. What if the lord who raided the village was executed for treason and disobeying orders by the king? What if they had a civil war, and the original lords were either imprisoned or killed, and the rebel leader takes Sturgia name for his county, would the NPC still hate the newly reformed Sturgia?

Seems like these responses are coming from a lack of understanding of what racism is and how a racist's mind works.

Lolbash said:
I can't exactly see how this could lead to placing a blanket ban on the entire faction. What if the lord who raided the village was executed for treason and disobeying orders by the king? What if they had a civil war, and the original lords were either imprisoned or killed, and the rebel leader takes Sturgia name for his county, would the NPC still hate the newly reformed Sturgia?
Why would some in-fighting between dirty animals convince him they're any less of a dirty animal?

And again, why do you insist on knowing why this guy hates Sturgia. He hates them and that's the end of it for ya. What, are you some dirty Sturgian spy?

Back
Top Bottom