What do you want? balance or content

What do you want balance or content

• Balance

Votes: 46 20.8%
  • Content

Votes: 175 79.2%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think there is more important content than the balances in the game. because what triggered my desire to play this game is not the strike force of spears or the number of soldiers of rival lords. The main reason for my desire to play this game is my journey to become a lord while dealing with all the difficulties and unskilled.
In other words, the update that should come to this game is content, dialogue, diplomacy.

Also balance, economy, snowball effect may change in the future. so you may need to do most of the things you will do again in the future. not all, but most of the changes and challenges you make. I think in vain as a waste of time.
I am very curious what do you think about it as a forum (sorry my language if i made mistake)

Everyone accept priority bug fixing but then ?

Last edited:
Hard to choose, I think some core content is needed, like all perks and basic kingdom management/diplomacy, but I also think you can't have only one. A mix of new content and fixes&balancing would be the best I think.

I would rather have content now, even if it's incomplete. Field testing the content is part of how we refine it, and once it's out there the modders can probably find creative solutions to the problems that the devs are struggling with. Get it out there, get it in the air, and see what your community can do to make the game better than you imagined it could be.

Bug fixing first.
But between content and balance, release the content and leave balancing, the less buggy of the two, to the modders for now.
Currently, TW is going too ham on balancing and all the real contents of the game are added by the modders for some reason. It should be the complete opposite.

performance fixes, engine and CampaignSystem fixes, mod tools and enhanced mod support.

when it comes to scenes, balance, content, diplomacy or anything else that is scripted there is going to be very little we as modders can't fix once we got all the tools we need. (at least when it comes to singleplayer, multiplayer is another beast)

but dealing with the engine itself that is always hard for a modder, things like physics, particle systems, animations, inventing new function calls to systems ect.
we sometimes can, but often it involves allot of trickery and low quality results so that is what I want the developers to focus on.

Then when they finish the mod tools I know they are working hard on atm we will make sure this ship gets wind in its sails.

what i think OP is trying to say all balance atm will be useless once features added because the game will change alot
its better to have the features before the fixes as some balance issues can be fixed by the feature
or some fixes can cause problems with future features

bugfixed features, then add new, fix and some semblance of balance alongside it.

things like reduction of experience penalty for each level, or its removal. Later levels are too expensive to reach even without poorer exp gain from the nerfs from leveling up.

An attibute point per 3 levels instead of 4.

Since were forced into 2 attribute points (nonexistent effect later on) were starting with 10 skill cap. The skill cap with 0 attribute points should be 10, and each subsequent attribute point giving 10 more. Our starting skill cap with 2 attributes in everything, should thus be 30, not 10. Skills at 30 have such a small effect it matters very little. This change would allow for the character to grow much better overall.

attribute per 4, instead of 3 levels, starting skill cap at 10 instead of 30 nerfs growth heavily on top of huge drops in experience gain per each level. The levels of grind are too high for many skills. 1 handed, athletics, crossbow, leadership, trading works strange. When you sell weapons nothing, only consumables are green or red.

lords with huge armies everywhere every 2 days, similar to bandit camps.

the time compression from 365 days to 84. Too many too big wars and casualties and extra easy replacements at least for the ai, they find recruits everwhere.

One should continue testing only when playtesting is at least a bit more fun than frustration inducing.

I think there is more important content than the balances in the game. because what triggered my desire to play this game is not the strike force of spears or the number of soldiers of rival lords. The main reason for my desire to play this game is my journey to become a lord while dealing with all the difficulties and unskilled.
In other words, the update that should come to this game is content, dialogue, diplomacy.

Also balance, economy, snowball effect may change in the future. so you may need to do most of the things you will do again in the future. not all, but most of the changes and challenges you make. I think in vain as a waste of time.
I am very curious what do you think about it as a forum (sorry my language if i made mistake)

Everyone accept priority bug fixing but then ?

I get your points but here is the thing-
The act of balancing a game (any kind of game) comes with practice. We can't assume that the devs have a magic understanding of what or how to balance the game. Yes if they do it now and add content they'll need to do it again but the act of balancing now will train them to be better able to balance in the future.

Also they need to have clear goals and objectives about what balance is and what the game and gameplay is in a more basic overview. They need to have that in mind as they implement, create and add new content etc. Try to keep everything in the same overall consistent design- so that it doesn't break.

The more stable the game, the more balanced, the easier to add new content. Everything that exists now is foundation for anything that is added, they need a sturdy foundation.

That said I think the game needs a lot more content. I feel balance and content are both lacking. I think perhaps the coding is too complicated and the mechanics are too complicated. I think they try to make some aspects of the game too fancy/organic and it ends up half-done and kinda broken. Simpler mechanics, better balanced and more content is what's on call I think.

Balancing and fixing. I'd rather the current game be in working order (which it is to an extent) before they expand features or add new ones. Adding new features to a broken game is a recipe for disaster.

What needs balancing the most is faction units imo. I'd take this over any other content or balancing priorities atm.

Sturgia needs something to help their fundamentally ****ty soldiers, like higher base life than other faction units. Other than that, the stats of units for all factions should be diversified more in terms of rock,paper scissor balancing. Currently the units for each faction does not feel unique enough. Though the troops themselves for all factions are good, they need a LOT of finetuning when it comes to stats like run speed, armor, damage, weapon length etc.

Been thinking about this for a while. It seems alot of the updates thus far are geared toward fixing the sandbox part of the game without adding too many additional features. If we love this game because it introduces us into a simulated medieval world and let's us conquer it(or whatever else) then that world needs to be running properly before we start to mess with it. Hince get the world running smooth first then add additional features like diplomacy. Then if something needs balanced, we know it is the added feature not working as intended. It won't be a perfect way of doing this but it's good logic. Just from what I see as a player. I mean how can we properly test kingdom management if the AI that we entrust parts of our kingdom to can't already manage their own kingdoms. That kind of thing

Back
Top Bottom