What do you think is the best weapon in the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Best weapons in the game are the Heavy Tetsubo and Balanced Masamune Tachi,  first one crush through blocks and is the reason Tokugawa HGuard is overpowered and the second is the fastest weapon in the game.

I, in my own personal opinion, think the Nodachi is best weapon. For my own playstyle which I doesn't ever use any thrusting attacks, the Nodachi is definitely my weapon of choice! The blade is rather large so you can fight people with shorter blades while feeling a bit more safe. With enough proficiency it can also swing fairly fast. The only downside I can think of is the lack of thrusting attacks and its long blade being pretty unusable inside building and super close up fights. The katana is great, but with it's thrusting (which can be helpful to someone who uses it) and shorter reach, it just doesn't par up to the Nodachi. It's just my own personal choice!

The Testsubo is overpowered, especially since I use Doghotel's Brainy Bots, and it just gets through their blocks !
The Yari is really good too, you can just poke your opponents from afar.

However, the two I like the most to use are the Nodachi and the Tachi, just personnal preference. But the most similar ones to the weapons I have learnt to use IRL !

ღMadolcheYumiღ said:
I, in my own personal opinion, think the Nodachi is best weapon. The only downside I can think of is the lack of thrusting attacks

Wait a minute... you're suppost to be able to thrust with nodachi in Sugoroku, could you check if you really can't thrust with them?
And what nodachi in specific are you using? Are you playing the latest version of Sugoroku?

To be honest the Chinese Wodao.  If you want a good all around sword.    They're comparable to a Nodachi swing wise, but just not thrust wise.  They're lighter, on average faster, amazing for cavalry swords, and generally just superior to the Katana, while not being as cumbersome as a Nodachi.  Plus the "Black/Silver" Wodao is bloody sexy as heck.    A Balanced version of the Wodao, at least my favorite variant of it has over 101 speed and 102 reach with 39 swing and 21 thrust for only 9 STR needed.  Over all very good performance for 2.0 weight. 

Outside of the Chinese Wodao I would prefer a Tachi, but they're just so weak when compared to the Wodao.  I guess the trade off is. 

Katana = Speed/Damage
Tachi = Slight Reach/Speed
Wodao = Damage/Reach/Speed
Nodachi = Damage/Thrust/Reach

That is if you like swords honestly.  There is no real "Best" choice just personal taste in my opinion. 

Now, I don't have Sugoroku, but I'd have to say the Masterwork War Yumi dominates.  Sure, you have to spend a huge amount of  precious attribute and skill points just to be able to use it, but once you get there, and you have high archery proficiency and ceremonial arrows, you will always kill an enemy with one or two hits, at any range, through any armor.  If you have two large bags of ceremonial arrows, that's sixty-four shots.  You won't be able to have as great an army as you would if you invested points in other skills, but you will become the god of war.

If you're unwilling to sacrifice that many points, then some kind of kanabo/tetsubo is excellent.  Armor-smashing, block-crushing, freakishly powerful, and able to net you some captives.  I favor the Balanced Practice Kanabo because it's the fastest club, has no strength requirement, and can still crush through blocks and do a lot of damage.

The katakama yari in older versions of Gekokujo was excellent since it was a quick, hard-hitting spear with good reach and a fearsome, armor-piercing swing.  Now it can't swing.

Naginatas are also pretty fearsome.  Long reach and a frightening cutting ability that somehow gets through heavy armor.  I always target naginata-armed enemies first, since I've noticed they have a tendency to carve up my armies when they close.

Call me crazy but I play this mod without swords. The ideal weapons for me are a masterwork bow + naginata when on foot and the same bow but with one of those insanely long swinging spears when on horseback.

I've only had one playthrough in which I used a sword when not in a lord's service as a common soldier or a samurai.  That was during my Emishi playthrough, when I figured that the warabite-to was the closest I was going to get to an Emishi sword.  Other than that, guns, bows, yaris, kanabos, and naginatas are always my weapons.  I once had a playthrough as a samurai on foot where I told myself I'd focus on using katanas and tachis for their speed and style, but what did I do?  Stick with a naginata the moment I got it.

I prefer to start with ranged weapons, either guns or bows (mounted unless it's a siege).
When I have no ammo left I'll use polearms, either a naginata or an omi-yari (mounted, and obviously not during a siege).
For foot combat I'll use a tachi, sometimes I go with a nodachi or even a katana if I don't have the other two.

So for me those are the best weapons in the game.
Of course, how good weapons actually are depends on the person who wields them.

When mounted, I use bow, yari and/or tachi.
When on foot, nagamaki/nodachi/naginata; tachi and/or bow.

No, I cannot not take a sword with me.

Anyway, I find the nagamaki to be the best weapon for me, possibly tied with the nodachi. Mind you, I nerfed the naginata a bit (and think I may have done so for the nagamaki as well, though not as much), so you may have different results.

I started playing 3.1 the other day and I have to say I love the sakabato. It's great for sieges because of all the tight spaces and it isn't stopped by armor. The tetsubo is wonderful but it's a little too slow for me.

Other than that, I've gotten the vast majority of my kills with a war yumi.

Back
Top Bottom