What do you think about the new crime and alley features?

So then.... what's your 'take' on the crime and alleyway features?

• Great. Serious roleplay potential. It's a new way to play the game.

Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Limited but positive. A nice feature - but not going to make a real change to the way I play

Votes: 15 40.5%
  • Typical TaleWorlds ! - bare bones... and overall, a disappointment

Votes: 13 35.1%
  • Other

Votes: 3 8.1%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I´m kind of a disappointed. It´s a crossed item from the feature list.

It doesn´t really add anything to the game but some alley fights which are not that "impressive". The system has no connection to the rest of the game but the "increased criminal rating" which can be ignored.

I mean it´s better to have it than to not have it, but to be honest you´ll spend like 20 min in this new feature in a playthrough. I hope mods can improve it.

And if you´re a min/max player, ~120 denars and beeing able to recruit a few bandits are not worth a companion slot.

Last edited:
I´m kind of a disappointed. It´s a crossed item from the feature list.

It doesn´t really add anything to the game but some alley fights which are not that "impressive". The system has no connection to the rest of the game but the "increased criminal rating" which can be ignored.

I mean it´s better to have it than to not have it, but to be honest you´ll spend like 20 min in this new feature in a playthrough. I hope mods can improve it.

And if you´re a min/max player, ~120 denars and beeing able to recruit a few bandits are not worth a companion slot.
120 denars for free. you keep the alley even if you are at war with the faction which holds the alley. in addition it gives you rougery (alley defense) and bandit troops (+passive rougery if you use them). rougery perk is the pinnacle for massive loot (+ money / good gear). it actually opens up the path for long term criminal playthroughs. something a lot wished for in some way.

imo it adds a lot and even if its not perfect - yes the income could be higher - it points into a good direction. good stuff.

It is a shallow addition that adds almost nothing to the game that wasn't there before. But that was all it was ever going to be:
But was any of that shown? That's what I meant; it was just pie-in-the-sky and/or just marketing. What was actually shown was basically a workshop -- if even that.

It's another one of those things that would work better in an open world game with no overworld, but in bannerlord towns are just a menu basically. The game has to nag you to go back to towns with popups because otherwise you would wipe out all the gangs and ignore them forever. It's on a scale that bannerlord doesn't actually use.

For this reason I don't actually think the idea has potential. Anything inside towns is going to be disconnected from the rest of the game simply because the overworld is the only way to travel, and the rabbithole scenes like towns and villages aren't where the real meat of the game is.

120 denars for free. you keep the alley even if you are at war with the faction which holds the alley. in addition it gives you rougery (alley defense) and bandit troops (+passive rougery if you use them). rougery perk is the pinnacle for massive loot (+ money / good gear). it actually opens up the path for long term criminal playthroughs. something a lot wished for in some way.

imo it adds a lot and even if its not perfect - yes the income could be higher - it points into a good direction. good stuff.

As long as I make xxxx denars with each battle it doesn´t really matter.

Yeah... until they really fix the incredible disparities between money making options with smithing being way above everything else and loot selling being a distant second over the pitiful amounts anything else gives, basically money doesn't matter and it's all RP value.

I didn't real care for playing as a criminal it's never appealed to me. But at least it's a new feature. I probably will use it when i for my self to make a bandit playthrough a some point. I still just hope they make traits have a bigger impact on npc's personality's and dialogue and actions. like truly evil lords should have the execute ability for instance.

Yeah... until they really fix the incredible disparities between money making options with smithing being way above everything else and loot selling being a distant second over the pitiful amounts anything else gives, basically money doesn't matter and it's all RP value.
Yes, that´s a problem. And I think this makes the mid/late game kind of boring. As soon as you can win like every fight money doesn´t matter. And everything related to income becomes unimportant. Why should I care about the 286 denars my workshop make if I can make like 5k denars with one battle that I easily win?

I think it's fine and good, other than needing the daily Crime gain increased a little bit and the daily income increased a little bit.

I hope it is the base for further expansion of the gang system. If not, Fourberie mod just does this feature better.

I will hold my opinion of the system before I see it finished, but it's a shame that a mod did this long time ago and Talewolrds takes years and years to catch up, and it is not even as good as the mod.

Yes, that´s a problem. And I think this makes the mid/late game kind of boring. As soon as you can win like every fight money doesn´t matter. And everything related to income becomes unimportant. Why should I care about the 286 denars my workshop make if I can make like 5k denars with one battle that I easily win?

Basically money matters a lot when starting a kingdom specifically for bribing clan leaders with giant stacks of denars basically. That's the biggest hurdle in terms of money, and you can get that money in a variety of ways but it's very, very slow if you're not cheesing smithing and/or just roaming around defeating lords for the sake of getting and selling tons of loot.

They should reorganize the whole system, absorb workshop branch and alley branch into companion branch, and remove the cap of workshop. workshops need companions to run like caravans and alleys. That will simplify the system.
The cap of companion should be lifted or removed. It doesn't make any sense. In Warband companions are more useful and powerful but there is no cap. The battlesize of BL is twice as much as WB and companions could not play an important role now.

I think the current implementation of alley ownership is rather boring, but it has the potential of adding more variety to playstyles in the future. Crime in Bannerlord in general is kinda wonky if I'm being honest. Most of the things necessary to make crime more impactful is there, but they're mostly unconnected and/or needs tweaking. To give quests as an example, why would I want to do some of the quests for the gang leader for a meager profit with the downside of losing relation with other notables instead of an actually profitable quest that doesn't affect my relations negatively? Why do I get declared war on automatically when I attack caravans instead of getting a crime rating? Why do alleys generate 0.5 crime rating while we naturally lose 1 every day (1.5 as a vassal/ruler)? Why can I pay for my safe passage to lord but not vice-versa? etc.

I like the idea and I'm looking forward to actually RPing a criminal.

It'll be fun to do quests for Gangs, rob caravans and villagers, and hold some alleys.

It would be a nice variety to the normal playthrough.

Also, doing a playthrough with this focus will allow a player to actually focus purely on Vigor and Cunning, giving everyone the chance to have a drastically different build.

Also, doing a playthrough with this focus will allow a player to actually focus purely on Vigor and Cunning, giving everyone the chance to have a drastically different build.
I wish the tactics skill tree was actually interesting and fast to level up. Tactics skills' primary effects should affect troops' battlefield performance such as their combat movement speed, their ammo count, their damage against shields, shield hp, etc. (basically bonuses that we already have for captains but for party leaders that stack on top of captain perks). Then they can be useful for auto-resolve if need be.

I wish the tactics skill tree was actually interesting and fast to level up. Tactics skills' primary effects should affect troops' battlefield performance such as their combat movement speed, their ammo count, their damage against shields, shield hp, etc. (basically bonuses that we already have for captains but for party leaders that stack on top of captain perks). Then they can be useful for auto-resolve if need be.
I'd settle for interesting. I don't think I've ever spent an Attribute Point in it.

In Warband the Tactics skill gave you bonuses to troop spawning. The higher Tactics you had, the more troop ratio you could have at the start of the battle than your opponent

Back
Top Bottom