What do you do in a medium-long campaign when NOT at war?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been at peace for two years running ?‍♂️

with one minor exception, when someone declared a ten day war to clear away their tribute payment.

I have some questions about this, because it is pretty rare for me (usually involved in wars most of the time):

- It happened on an old save or during a new campaign being played during the same version?
- Early, mid, or late game?
- Was your kingdom much stronger than other ones or similar strength?
- Did you create your own kingdom or playing as vassal for an existing one?

I have some questions about this, because it is pretty rare for me (usually involved in wars most of the time):

- It happened on an old save or during a new campaign being played during the same version?
- Early, mid, or late game?
- Was your kingdom much stronger than other ones or similar strength?
- Did you create your own kingdom or playing as vassal for an existing one?
Late game, old save and my kingdom is slightly stronger than the second-most powerful, while the other five factions are much weaker. It is a created kingdom but with most of the center and north of the map.

I like to invite my fellow noble peers of the realm around for a good old Feas-- wait, hang on.
I like to have an AI ruler withdraw all parties from the battlefield in the middle of a crucial war with three bordering kingdo-- wait, hang on.

Just kidding ofcourse, I liked feasts as it was a great way to gather all lords together, making diplomacy, intrigue and building relations a lot easier.
But perhaps there are alternatives to feasts which will do the same thing, less frequently.
Or hardcode feasts to only occur during peacetime. And not be able to declare war or be declared on.

I like to have an AI ruler withdraw all parties from the battlefield in the middle of a crucial war with three bordering kingdo-- wait, hang on

Just kidding ofcourse, I liked feasts as it was a great way to gather all lords together, making diplomacy, intrigue and building relations a lot easier.
Certainly nobody is suggesting that feasts should be held during wartime. After all, the point of a sequel is to bring back the things people liked while fixing the problems they didn't like. With that said, not all parties would withdraw from the field in Warband; I remember AI lords telling me when I asked them what they were doing that they weren't going to a feast because they needed to join the marshal or patrol their own lands.
Or hardcode feasts to only occur during peacetime.
Yep.
And not be able to declare war or be declared on.
It might be less disruptive if feasts lasted a few days, were simply cancelled when war broke out (though the player still gained relations for hosting the feast), and Taleworlds made periods of peace longer so feasts didn't constantly get cancelled (and they need to make peace longer anyway).

I'd love to see some governing stuff like in Crusader Kings or Fable games. Towns and castles need to be more than just stash boxes for troops and passive money maker. At least there is that one quest where you can tell the merchants to flick off when you're ruler.

Pretty much nothing , fighting any neutral parties so i can to upgrade my troops more , participating in tournaments , maybe smithing , and doing random quests in villages..

I wish there were more actions to do
- Hunting and skining the actual caught animals
- Fishing
(different types of fish that we could sell or prepare)
- Manual work on my own lands (villages depending on what they produce to offer different work) (Castles and Cities offering a higher paid work as a Free Gladiator or Tutor or Doctor etc..- depending on what traits we have)
- Important Diplomatic Quests.
- Reworked Arena (Gladiator Style with unique equipment rewards)
- Actual interesting tournaments with Jousting and Duels

I did add quite a lot of mods to enchance my playtrough.
(listed some of them bellow)

- Freelancer (so i could join any lord as a fighter and progress trough ranks)
- Recruit everyone (so i can recruit everyone who i want) (this also comes with an option to adopt kids without parents.
- Marry everyone
- Kaoses Tweaks (adds tons of new tweaks to the game - most used for me - multiple marriages , fleeing enemy on the campaign map will slow over time, smith stamina regen when moving on the map and other sweet things)
- Equip Best Item (auto equip best item for you and your companions by pressing a button , it also shows if you have a better item to equip)
- Party Management
- Diplomacy
(i belive this mod is known to everyone and a must in the game)
- Agriculture Estate (i can buy my own land plots and send slaves to work on my lands to get more money)
- Bandit Variety (Adds a lot of variety and Tier upgrades for all types of bandits)
- Armor mods (Vlandia Armoury , Bandit Armors , Open Source Armory , Vaegir armoury , Calradia Rising Forcer Armory and others)
- Distinguished Services (my warriors can upgrade up to Companions)
- Calradia Expanded + Calradia Expanded Kingdoms
- HP from Level (gains +2% bonus hp for each level , also applies to all units in the game)
- ItemNameGenerator (crafter weapons will have a random generated name)

Back
Top Bottom