What do you call them?

Users who are viewing this thread

I tried search for a previous thread, but it was hard to narrow the search.

I was thinking we have the names of the factions, but I'm not sure what to call them or the lands they live in.  I'm not sure the proper term for this (hence the search difficulty), so I'll give an example.

Angles- are English, live in England
Germans- are German, live in Germany

So, I was wondering what you call them.  I'm going by this:

Swadia- are Swadian, live in Swadia (damn easy that one)
Vaegirs- are Vaegrim, live in Vaegar
Nords- are Nords, live in Nordlund
Rhodocks- are Dockers (stole that one, love it), and live in Rhodesia.. Oh, wait that's already taken.  Hmm, they live in Rhodoc?
Khergits- are Khergits, live in... Khergistan.

So if anyone's ever thought of this before, and has better suggestions, or the thread to the original topic (I'm sure there must be one), let me know.  For some reason this bothers me.

Ha, haven't actually thought about it, but now when you mentioned, it would be pretty nice if the gamemakers would give them names like these, and add them in.
So i dont really call them anything, well, maybe ...just... *fullbraincapacitythinking*.. ENEMIES, A.K.A my-next-breakfast.
Ill add something if i get my own idea of their names.  :razz:

Verito said:
I don't think that Rhodoks count, as they used to be Swadians.

Vaegirs=Vaegirian

Hmm- well, the Americans used to be British but most people no longer call them that.  I just wish their founding fathers had thought about the topic of this thread when they named their country.  Americans should be the term for the people living on the continent(s), not just one country.  How about we change it to Yewessians?

Lord Bryggan said:
Verito said:
I don't think that Rhodoks count, as they used to be Swadians.

Vaegirs=Vaegirian

Hmm- well, the Americans used to be British but most people no longer call them that.  I just wish their founding fathers had thought about the topic of this thread when they named their country.  Americans should be the term for the people living on the continent(s), not just one country.  How about we change it to Yewessians?

actually they're a mix of immigrants from different countries.

Er, the point was that after people rebel they tend to like to have their own name.  And the Americans did not wait till they had more immigrants from other countries other than the UK to rename themselves, so I'm sure once the Rhodocks split off from Swadia they felt like they had their own identity.

Oh, and 'Docker' seems more like a derogatory term.  I'm sure they would use something a lot more respectable, like Rhodockalian.  Hmm- see why I need help?

Khergistan... clever. "I live in Swadistan which is neighbour to Vaegirstan, Rhodokstan and the assholes Khergistan."

Khanate is just another word for kingdom.  The Khergit Khanate would be the lands the khan rules over, just like the Swadian Kingodm is the lands that the Swadian king rules over.  When Edward III grabbed those huge swathes of land in France it was part of the English Kingdom, but the country was still France.  So, if Sanjar captured all the Rhodock lands they would be part of the Khergit Khanate, but the land would still be called Rhodockalandia.

Back
Top Bottom