What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

Users who are viewing this thread

I was thinking how cool it would be if while you're in a settlement of a faction that declares war on your's it begins a street battle where your outnumbered and have to fight like Ned Stark in King's Landing.

Needs more regional/faction distinctions. Even the music should change depending on what region you're in -so for example if Aserai are dominating the map -your hearing their music everywhere. Would lend real flavor for the world imo.

You answered your own question...all sandboxes are bland skeletons, its the mods that make them great. So what we need are the official toolsets to be released so we can create the games soul.
That´s bull****, sorry.

Skyrim without mods isn´t a bland skeleton, you still have a lot of really good quests, flavor, decisions to make.....
Rimworld also ist a great sandbox game without mods and of course there are a lot more of them...

The thing is, mods make those games even better. Compared to Bannerlord, mods make Bannerlord kind of "playable" and fun, that´s a huge difference.

Last edited:
What the game really lacks is bonding. If you have scout, you could offer to go out hunting with them and thus build up your scouting and your relationship with that person. etc. Make the game about developing those relationships with your companions.

It's early access and frankly is already much more enjoyable to play SP than native Warband.

Quit moaning.

I remember ppl saying this about Ark in its first early access year.
Then 4 years later, still in EA. Then they released a paid DLC in EA.
Then it was released the game, full of bugs.
Then today 5 DLCs later: Full of bugs, no optmization, meshing, dupes and it is still a mess.

But Stop moaning. Just lend the cash.

Now it s a bland skeleton.
And tbh i don't know how to point at what is missing, but it is just boring meaningless fights.

What do u think it is?
I remember playing the GOT Mods in Warband and, considering the olderness, it had a very bright core. Now this...
And how long do u think its going to take?

Politics and Religion. and a population class system.

Musts.

I remember ppl saying this about Ark in its first early access year.
Then 4 years later, still in EA. Then they released a paid DLC in EA.
Then it was released the game, full of bugs.
Then today 5 DLCs later: Full of bugs, no optmization, meshing, dupes and it is still a mess.

But Stop moaning. Just lend the cash.

Sounds like a problem with Ark. I'm talking about Bannerlord.

And so far Taleworlds are being pretty decent with patches and updates.

More interaction with NPCs(town's folk, beggars) and interactive objects in the game world. Birds chirping, dogs barking, the fire crackling at the hearth of the throne room. Relationships between player and companions, nobles and all NPCs having more meaning.

Basically more aspects of every day "life" brought into the game.

My personal opinion, is that this game lacks relationship building between the player and the NPCs. In Warband you becomes friends, or enemies with different characters, with dialogue to reflect the different opinions NPCs had of the player. In Bannerlord you can't, you can only build relationships with different clans. In Warband, courting required you to actually build your relations with the target, and gradually win them over by giving them poems, dedicating tournaments, or beating up rival suitors. However, in Bannerlord, you just answer a bunch of questions, and hope that you pass.

More robust and useful interactions and relations with EVERYONE. To really feel like the world is changing with your actions and NPCs are people who will treat you differently based on what you do and who you are to them. Now it's still just numbers and those numbers don't even do anything half the time. I fear we're stuck with a warband template for NPCs and that even when it's fixed it will still be just "number go up when you do thing" with no souls.

The HORSE BREEDING and not just "oh you get more horses", I want to make special custom horses and feel like it's something to do not just numbers.

I want a house and collectibles! Useless trophies from doing things in the game/quests that I can put up in my useless animal crossing house! It's dum but I want it.

Also, use your Clan for more stuff! Order Clan parties around! Have Clan rules and interactions!Clan featst! Clan war games and tournament! Clan underground organization and secret base! Clan build a house and farm separate from factions JUST FOR FUN. CLan gets in trouble for doing bad stuff and has to go to trial! More toys in the sandbox please!

I miss the interactions with nobles warband allowed. Gauge support for fief assignment, plot, ask questions. Right now, there's no point in like, knowing who's in your kingdom because there's no reason to talk to them.

^^^^^ That. I forgot it's in mods or native warband, but lords and villagers would always come to you with their problems.

That´s bull****, sorry.

Skyrim without mods isn´t a bland skeleton, you still have a lot of really good quests, flavor, decisions to make.....
Rimworld also ist a great sandbox game without mods and of course there are a lot more of them...

The thing is, mods make those games even better. Compared to Bannerlord, mods make Bannerlord kind of "playable" and fun, that´s a huge difference.

LOL. Skyrim without mods is unplayable bore. You even need a mod just to have a usable inventory menu. Even the "best" fight - vs dragons - is so repetitive no matter which dragon or what level.

Players playing Vanilla Skyrim is as rare as a unicorn.

Now it s a bland skeleton.
And tbh i don't know how to point at what is missing, but it is just boring meaningless fights.

What do u think it is?
I remember playing the GOT Mods in Warband and, considering the olderness, it had a very bright core. Now this...
And how long do u think its going to take?
What's missing in the game is a good old file compression, 45GB is a number that can make people lose their enthusiasm, only those with TB to spare can scoff at it.

What I wish they do this game?

• delete the wikipedia data. To make it clear, I like the system but player shouldn't know everything about every settlement and every peoples living in calradian kingdom as soon as tutorial ended. Make it so the wiki is filled when people played it. kingdom notification/war notificiation/settlement change notification shouldn't be given to neutral player. Every data also have date when it was updated.
• bring the fog of war back again. related to earlier note. player/ai lord should have limited sense of what they know about their surrounding area. now it sound limited, but player/ai lord should be able to hire companion/player for scouting settlement,lord etc. to give more update about the world condition.
• give more interaction to people of calradia. anything. and not just limited to quest. give us feast in kingdom (with tournament that only someone who have clan status can join), give festival for villages people to have fun(no food deliveries and they spent all their gold, but give them big boost to heart. and to make it more fun for raider, if someone raid that villages when festival happened, they got more loot and longer recovery times for the village). every notable in villages and city should have relation with any AI lord/player, and every thing that happened to happened to the notables should effect your relation with lords.
• give us more quest/intrigues at lord interaction. give us far more complicated relationship. there is some good ideas in the forum, and some ideas that i like is to bring back noble relationship point for each one of them. Clan relation will be the same relation that clan leader have. if there is a change of leadership, it mean total change of relation for that clan. That bring more option in mid games like assassinating your clan leader, defection from some of the notable, etc. well basically everything you can read in Game of Throne book should be available as an option here. (an option to give one of your girl as marriage parents for one of your enemies, and when the the d-day happened, bring all your companion with you, and take out your sword from your sheath and plunged it your most hatefully enemy lord.
• and that bringing the last point, make the game progression longer. why would you care about the world if you can finish conquering the world in 20-30 years game times. And what I mean by progression is the way you can skip mid games session into late game stuff far too early(make your own kingdom phase). I don't really mind player have the option to make your own kingdom as soon as tier 4 clan but there should be big warning that you will be frustrated/destroyed when you makes one. A good smooth sailing changing phase for kingdom phase should be when player are the main general of one of the country(meaning he/she have lots of relationship with either lord inside and outside the country ) or one of the tycoon trader(rich enough to buy settlement out of some countries and pay for some peace moment from their neighborhood) .

Just my opinion but I think every game's soul is its music. Good music can really distract you from missing mechanics or ones that don't work properly, and give an emotional attachment to an imperfect game that wouldn't exist otherwise. Music is such an underrated and manipulative piece of game design.

MBII_Campaign_Track_03.ogg was added a couple days ago, and whenever this track plays I'm convinced (tricked?) that the game has a soul.

Well I personally don't care about politics and all that, but what would add some weight is actual economy and actual manpower. Even in games like euiv or hoiiv where manpower is abstracted, it's still there and it's still kinda terrible to see that millions of people have died in an eastern front swamp or something lol, AND it has an effect. Maybe those endless battles would have some meaning if men actually died out, and the economy was crashing because fewer people can work the fields and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom