What do u think is missing for this game to have a soul?

Users who are viewing this thread

FOxcaop

Recruit
Now it s a bland skeleton.
And tbh i don't know how to point at what is missing, but it is just boring meaningless fights.

What do u think it is?
I remember playing the GOT Mods in Warband and, considering the olderness, it had a very bright core. Now this...
And how long do u think its going to take?

Now it s a bland skeleton. And tbh i don't know how to point at what is missing, but it is just boring meaningless fights.

What do u think it is?
I remember playing the GOT Mods in Warband and

You answered your own question...all sandboxes are bland skeletons, its the mods that make them great. So what we need are the official toolsets to be released so we can create the games soul.

You answered your own question...all sandboxes are bland skeletons, its the mods that make them great. So what we need are the official toolsets to be released so we can create the games soul.
Nope. If the game had seen a proper development performance we would have a game rich in content by now, not the current skeleton. Mods are extra, the sauce. It could very well have a soul on its' own.

What's missing? Interactions ofc.. Emphasised relationships with Nobles and Notables, Proper Diplomacy, Political Schemes, A.I. logic on Diplomacy (sometimes factions will declare war on you because they want your land, not needing any reason, yeah, but in this state of the game it just feels so artificial), Proper combat A.I. where it won't act like a "dumb bot". List goes on and on.

How long will it take? 2 years minimum.

In my opinion there needs to be more differences between factions, troops-wise. Currently the only one that kinda plays different is Khuzait because of the more cavalry focused troop tree. All the other play exactly the same and it's kinda boring.

EDIT:

Plus this.
What's missing? Interactions ofc.. Emphasised relationships with Nobles and Notables, Proper Diplomacy, Political Schemes, A.I. logic on Diplomacy (sometimes factions will declare war on you because they want your land, not needing any reason, yeah, but in this state of the game it just feels so artificial), Proper combat A.I. where it won't act like a "dumb bot". List goes on and on.

In my opinion there needs to be more differences between factions, troops-wise. Currently the only one that kinda plays different is Khuzait because of the more cavalry focused troop tree. All the other play exactly the same and it's kinda boring.

Completley agree. Culture should be more relevant. Also, it should matter more which culture the player picks. Currently I end up with Fian Champions and Elite Cataphracts each playthrough regardless of my culture.

It is your own imagination that make sanboxes great. This game is no less than Warband, but people were probably expecting more in terms of storyline.

You need to create your own goals. If you want to blob, then go ahead no one is stopping you.

If you want more interesting experience, I think playing as vassal and staying as it is would be more exciting due to power dynamics and politics.

Maybe creating a kingdom shouldn't be that easy.

it needs to have a rich story, every family should have a backstory and every character should have a personality, that's what i think this game is missing right now

Game don't have enough things to do outside of fighting, almost nothing, actually. Fiefs development, realm politics, meaningful relations with other NPC's, meaningful crafting, feasts (even if they will be as dumb as in Warband), all of this will help to fill gaps in gameplay.

Also, every war must hurt both involved sides economically, some sort of war attrition must be implemented, so there will be restoration time after conflict ends.

Design a game having player's experience in mind. Not the casual player, the player who gets involved in the story. Much like you get caught in a good book or movie. Then the story finishes and you are like WOW, I was enjoying every minute.

There needs to be more real interaction with the people in the world. It's not at all immersive or exciting voting for policies and fief assignment through menus. It would be great if there were realm meetings (similar to feasts) where the Lords gather to discuss things such as policies etc.

My idea is just a brief example, and doesn't have to be exactly that, but more immersive interaction with the world is surely needed.

probably more interaction/recognition with the world, e.g as a king of a faction walking around a town, there should be some reaction.
And more focus on building your dynasty and heirs, this was one of the selling points of the game, and at the moment its very bare bones.

probably more interaction/recognition with the world, e.g as a king of a faction walking around a town, there should be some reaction.
And more focus on building your dynasty and heirs, this was one of the selling points of the game, and at the moment its very bare bones.

This is the key here. Acting is reacting. That is, AI are our actors and what makes a sandbox/SP experience rewarding. If AI dont properly react to things player does (or anything at all) it leads to a dull affair. If AI treat you like dirt when your lowly, hate or Spite you when your a rival, and bow to you, bend the knee blow the horn (no H**0) when you've Empire'd - that gives Player the impression he and his actions (as well as others) have a flesh and blood effect on the world and THATS what we want to feel.

Last edited:
The AI is the game-killer for me, it's horrendous and laughable at times. Next would be the severe lack of features that were posted in the dev blogs but aren't actually in game right now, or aren't functioning properly. Seriously, from e3 videos and dev blogs maybe like 5% of the features are in right now. Definitely less than warbands features, which is odd even for early access. I might not be waiting for the full product, but it definitely needs a year or two in the oven before it's even fun.

I miss the interactions with nobles warband allowed. Gauge support for fief assignment, plot, ask questions. Right now, there's no point in like, knowing who's in your kingdom because there's no reason to talk to them.

How long will it take? 2 years minimum.

+1

not really, a sandbox is supposed to give you certain mechanics for you to use freely, without constraints (like a main quest) and with your imagination as the limit.
In the game ATM, there is nothing but fighting, at least give me some sand and a box!!

Back
Top Bottom