What do do next?

Users who are viewing this thread

TiMiL

Recruit
Hey guys, i was wondering, im up to about day 200, and im pretty lost...

I really dont know what to do next?

Actual combat isn't the problem, i've got plenty of elite infantry, (20+ huscarls that simply rip everyone to shreds even when the odds are 5 to 1) and my player character is fine, (takes out any class with one hit of his two-hander) but im just lost as to what i do next.

I'm with the kingdom of nords, and we have nearly completely wiped swadians of the map (they have ONE stronghold left)

My relation with nords is 62 (gracious) all the other kingdoms are 0, so unfortunately there are no villages to raid, (thats my biggest source of income, $3000+ a raid)

So can someone help me out here? I really dont know what to do next, im just running around like an idiot doing nothing :sad:

Thanx if someone can help me :smile:

Yeah Warband is a nice sandbox, but it would be nice to have some pointers on what to do next.

Do you have lands? Aim to have a castle or town in order to store your excess troops. Garrisoned troops only pay half wages.

Gain in power. Increase your renown so that you can have a bigger party size. 25 renown = +1 to party size.

Gain in level. Increase your level by getting xp so that you can become more powerful. Personally I have 10 in leadership so I can have a huge army.

Improve your relations with your Lords by doing quests for them, joining them in sieges then talking to them afterwards, etc. One practical reason for doing so, is you can plan mini-campaigns of your own during wars by getting them to siege places, following you, etc.

Get married. Having a wife gives you access to the "Resolve Dispute" quest which can improve the relations of 2 Lords who don't get along with one another. It also gives you honor and renown.
Having a wife also allows you to throw feasts. A feast will give you renown, and also improve the relation of Lords who visit you.

Earn lots of money, then invest them in player enterprises in all towns.

Raise the relations of villages. Villages with high relation will allow you to recruit more at a time, allowing you to replenish your troops faster.

What you do is help your faction take over all of Calradia, except for one town.

In that leftover town, find the claimant to your faction and start his/her quest and go to war with the massive original faction you helped build.

Once you have reconquered all of Calradia, rebel on your own and do it all again a third time.  :twisted:

I have a question too what do you guys doing when your faction is in peace?? Now i am nord vassal but they at peace now, i dont have any castles so i have nowhere to leave my troops, and party morale is keep going down, no one have any quests for me, and if i atacking caravans or looting villages my relation with nords going down, so what to do when your faction in peace??

Hunt bandits, go to tournaments, woo a lady, do some trading, start your own faction, speak to allied lords until they give you a quest to start a new war, raid caravans of other factions to try to start a war yourself....

Velax said:
Hunt bandits, go to tournaments, woo a lady, do some trading, start your own faction, speak to allied lords until they give you a quest to start a new war, raid caravans of other factions to try to start a war yourself....

Personally I got bored of peace, and raided a Khergit village, then took a Castle from them. Needless to say, I was booted out of the Vaegirs straight away, but I refused to give up my land, which made the Vaegirs go to war with me. So I granted myself EVERY fief that I had (I already was the Lord of Narra as I took that while we were at War with the Khergits). So I had a town, 3 villages and a castle. Needless to say, Sultan Hakim practically begged me to join him, as I had so many troops.

I have other character who have his own faction, so on this one i want to help nords, i forgot to mention that im too weak for siege a castle or fight alone versus other lord so i cant do anithing hostile if i want to keep their favor. And i wanted to ask is there any ways to keep army morale without fighting?

Hidziro said:
I have other character who have his own faction, so on this one i want to help nords, i forgot to mention that im too weak for siege a castle or fight alone versus other lord so i cant do anithing hostile if i want to keep their favor. And i wanted to ask is there any ways to keep army morale without fighting?

Just fight bandits I guess. Or if you're really weak, just fight farmers.

Hidziro said:

Keeping lots of food. But eventually their morale will go down because as soldiers they WANT to fight and to be honest, you shouldn't of recruited them if you don't want to fight anyone.

If you ask me, you should just attack some peasants from an opposing faction. This should increase your parties morale (apart from some companions) and then also, give some of the weaker guys a chance to level up.

attacking lords / towns bring war onto you quite quickly. If you know some dishonorable lords they also give "raid caravan for war" quest.

Hidziro said:

Yes, you can train the Leadership skill to increase your party morale.
Someone mentioned having more food variety.

Though I think it means your party size is too large. You can try to reduce it by disbanding the low quality troops, and only keep high quality ones.

Hidziro said:
I have a question too what do you guys doing when your faction is in peace?? Now i am nord vassal but they at peace now, i dont have any castles so i have nowhere to leave my troops, and party morale is keep going down, no one have any quests for me, and if i atacking caravans or looting villages my relation with nords going down, so what to do when your faction in peace??

You can take the peace time opportunity to increase your level.

Guildmasters in towns will ALWAYS give you a job.
Talk to the innkeeper in a tavern and ask him whether he knows anyone who has a job for you.

Guildmasters give jobs , but increasing level with quests? Best way i know is battle and in peace i cant do this except with bandits

Hidziro said:
go to the bar and buy all your boys beers until they can't stand... then hope you don't go to war lol

Back
Top Bottom