What determines the outer limit of camera movement on the main map

Users who are viewing this thread

On the main map there is a range that the free camera can move in, if you get to close to the outer edge the free camera will stop moving, what determines this limit?

On the main map there is a range that the free camera can move in, if you get to close to the outer edge the free camera will stop moving, what determines this limit?
I've not seen any scene borders used on Main_map. Its outer-mesh is eight times bigger than its terrain. Maybe, the camera just stops at the terrain edge. If that happened in a mission scene the fact that your terrain floated above the outer mesh would be obvious and disconcerting - something that's not a problem with Main_map's edge snapping to its outer-mesh. However, I'm only guessing. If you learn better, I'd love to hear about it.

Upvote 0
Hello, I am collaborating with Foozle on the same mod, here is a video of the phenomenon.
This scene was created by simply taking the vanilla Main_map and replacing the terrain and navmesh. The terrain is around twice as big as the vanilla terrain.

Upvote 0
Hello, I am collaborating with Foozle on the same mod, here is a video of the phenomenon.
This scene was created by simply taking the vanilla Main_map and replacing the terrain and navmesh. The terrain is around twice as big as the vanilla terrain.
If you look in scene.xscene's environmental values you'll find what appear to be game world sizes:
<environment_properties>
<property name="nav_mesh_auto_generated_" value="true"/>
<property name="physics_world_min" value="-973.117, -936.996"/>
<property name="physics_world_max_" value="848.000, 848.000"/>
Those are the values for Main_map. When I generated a larger map these were increased proportionately. You could try checking yours just in case it might effect the camera bounds similar to Warband's module.ini map_min_x, map_max_x, map_min_y and map_max_y.

Upvote 0
If you look in scene.xscene's environmental values you'll find what appear to be game world sizes:

Those are the values for Main_map. When I generated a larger map these were increased proportionately. You could try checking yours just in case it might effect the camera bounds similar to Warband's module.ini map_min_x, map_max_x, map_min_y and map_max_y.
Ah, I noticed the same promising bit of the .xscene file. Sadly, this isn't it, even after setting the bounds to -1600, -1600 and 3200, 3200, this doesn't seem to have an effect on the area where the camera can move.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom