What Content Do You Want First?

Users who are viewing this thread

vemerce

Regular
Just curious what actual new content people would like to see added to the game in the short term. Since we have no roadmap, I figured it would be cool to speculate and make a wish list essentially.

Not bug fixes, crash fixes, optimization, polish, balancing, etc... Those will come in time.

But what new features or additions that aren't currently implemented/working 100% do you want first?

Personally, I want four things.

1.) Enable death by old age, and flesh out the heir system.
2.) Feasts - Bring back feasts so lords attend parties instead of constantly warring. Let me talk to people for some free Relation boost. :smile:
3.) Make spouse a quest giver (when in a keep) that gives you quests to repair relations between two lords, like in Warband.
4.) Add to the main quest that your brother returns with your two younger siblings, so you have a small Clan from the get-go.

Last edited:
I want a mechanical fix to the two most obviously broken areas right now, fief management and kingdom diplomacy. It's only been 2 weeks and I'm already long since freaking done with looking up to realize that "I" have declared war on someone without my knowledge and consent. That needs fixed yesterday. A war declared on me is one thing.

And we all know what a clustershuffle the food mechanics are in forts. Even a quickfix that removes Food from fiefs entirely until it works correctly would be preferable to what we have right now.

The only priority higher on my list than that is performance optimization for large scale battles, and I know for a fact that that's going to take a lot of time and hard work from the devs so I'm not exactly holding my breath. I heard that ome of the issues might be a need to optimize usage for Intel chipsets but I have no idea whether that's good news or not since I don't know how hard it is to do that.

if I had to add a 4th item to the list it would be fixing children so they're useful characters, and can learn, grow and develop and become good clan members.

So for TLDR:

1: Performance optimization for Intel CPUs
2: Fix the fief management to be something other than pure liquid frustration
3: Give me full control of my own kingdom's diplomacy plzkthx!
4: Make the kids alright.

Last edited:
Just curious what actual new content people would like to see added to the game in the short term. Since we have no roadmap, I figured it would be cool to speculate and make a wish list essentially.

Not bug fixes, crash fixes, balancing, etc... Those will come in time.

But what new features or additions that aren't currently implemented/working 100% do you want first?

Personally, I want four things.

2.) Feasts - Bring back feasts so lords attend parties instead of constantly warring. Let me talk to people for some free Relation boost. :smile:
3.) Make spouse a quest giver (when in a keep) that gives you quests to repair relations between two lords, like in Warband.
4.) Add to the main quest that your brother returns with your two younger siblings, so you have a small Clan from the get-go.
+1 IDEM! :party:

Option to disable age death when it is finally a feature, and the ability to do a playthrough without wasting time on the heir system.

Fix the character progression/skill system, please! (more XP for fighting vs high tier, skill caps never below 1.0 XP gain)
Make companions be characters with a personality (no 0 value for attributes, possibility to level every skill, skill gain when send on quests)
Add more RPG (conversation options, XP gain for quests, more possible Relation gains)
Make Sea Raiders say Less talking, more raiding!

I think they should just fix the game so it "works". New features like smithing, death of old age, even marriage and heirs, are less important than essential functionality.

Mount and blade is a game about war between factions. The player is a cog in that machine whether they are a trader, bandit hunter, a vassal, the marshal, or a king. The focus in single player should be on the recruitment, faction balance, economy, AI behavior in siege, etc. The war between factions and their development should be the main focus.

Balanced combat systems that feel responsive and fun, is what I would put on 2nd priority right now. It is helpful for both single player and multiplayer, and with fun combat you get a fun game. (It's already fun but imo it could be improved a little)

Then I would focus on weapons. Balance weapon types more to make spear better and cavalry worse. (But balance it out by helping the AI for cavalry troops to hit better with their attacks)

Then when the core is polished, start making new things like smithing, heirs, etc.

I'd like to see the implementation of a form of a bank or at least a stash to 'hide wealth' from others, as the more wealth you amass, the more lords demand from you if you have successfully persuaded them (at least if you're at war with their current faction, I had a lord demand 1mill from my 1.19mill:wink: it was a solid nope and thus I fought and executed him as a result.

Regards.
Unit_3397

- fix characters skill system
- fix and improve diplomacy
- fix and improve fiefs management

- New feature : spies
- New feature : orders to your parties/armies
=> Way more strategy on the campaign map.

I want a mechanical fix to the two most obviously broken areas right now, fief management and kingdom diplomacy. It's only been 2 weeks and I'm already long since freaking done with looking up to realize that "I" have declared war on someone without my knowledge and consent. That needs fixed yesterday. A war declared on me is one thing.
AFAIK the game will say you declared war when they declared war on you, it's a known bug.
I think that sometimes your vassals go declaring war against other factions, and he's right. That needs to be changed. NPC vassals shouldn't be able to declare war without the approval of the player leader.

I also think that there should be a NPC kingdom policy in place that if you can convince every vassal in the kingdom to support it, then it becomes more a democracy and less of a situation where everyone votes, but the king/queen does whatever they want anyway. Then you could sort of be like the power behind the throne.

Option to disable age death when it is finally a feature, and the ability to do a playthrough without wasting time on the heir system.
With as much as they've hyped the aging and dying mechanics, I'd be shocked if they officially gave an option to disable it. They're stoked about the idea of a world where everyone dies eventually a new generation rises. And as it stands now, I played for 140 hours and my character was only 57 years old. So, depending on where they set the death by old age limit, you might get 150 hours+ per character. I don't think it's going to effect people as badly as they think. Since it's not even implemented yet, I think people are being a little quick to complain about a feature they haven't even tested or experienced.

I think the official developer response to this one is going to be to find a mod (or play Warband) if it bothers you that badly, but I may be proven wrong. It's basically been a "box feature" since this game was announced.
I'd like to see the implementation of a form of a bank or at least a stash to 'hide wealth' from others, as the more wealth you amass, the more lords demand from you if you have successfully persuaded them (at least if you're at war with their current faction, I had a lord demand 1mill from my 1.19mill:wink: it was a solid nope and thus I fought and executed him as a result.
I think that would be a neat addition. Like a reserve function in every fief, without a cap to how much you can stick in there, but also the ability to take it back out. I would also like to see a basic stash added to small castles, too.

I think if you've founded your own faction, you should get an opportunity (based on rolls) to "force" someone you've thoroughly defeated in battle to join you as a vassal or they get executed.

Last edited:
I think that sometimes your vassals go declaring war against other factions, and he's right. That needs to be changed. NPC vassals shouldn't be able to declare war without the approval of the player leader.

Yeah but it happens even when you don't have any vassals, as confirmed by myself and my friend.

1. 100% optimized performance in SP and MP
2. Polished combat system
3. The "three levels of AI" working in perfect unison
4.Mp functional and fun
5. Advanced Diplomacy
6. All the rest of it

tenor.gif

1.Kingdom management and politics, tied to..
2. A deeper character relationship system
3. Ageing and heirs (which feeds into the two above). Also, I think children need to be generated in a way that is more sophisticated, so they're not just carbon copies of parents.

I would also like them to implement a custom start asap (choose your own age between 18 and 80, choose where you start, and what your job is, which determines your starting posessions). The campaign currently in place harms the experience.

• Dragon banner should increase leadership skills or have some other rallying effect. Should also be visible in actual battle. Ability to take back banner from faction leader at a cost.
  • Diplomacy options for kingdoms.
  • Something needs to happen with nobles of a defeated faction instead of just forming packs with 0 troops.
  • Allow execution by NPC's. This can even include the player, which would allow for more cautious fighting and add a survival component. Would also solve above issue if one Kingdom could end another by executing all nobles.
  • I should not suddenly be at peace after creating a new kingdom after having left a kingdom and kept holdings.
  • Banner editor needs expansion for both clans and kingdoms. Kingdom banner colors should not be tied to clan when creating new kingdom.
  • The ability to join clans instead of creating my own e.g. join Khergits. The NPC's even talk about how I should join them but I can't.
  • Get rid of siblings / starting quest. I'm an only child and proud of it!
  • Ability to take any npc as a spouse. Maybe I want to marry Laska the Brewer so why not?
  • Nord is a culture which you can search in Heroes, but it is empty.
  • Crossbows and curved swords which are actually curved.
  • Time seems to pass too quickly for any meaningful investment in skills. Either that or skills are too difficult to develop.

Last edited:
With as much as they've hyped the aging and dying mechanics, I'd be shocked if they officially gave an option to disable it. They're stoked about the idea of a world where everyone dies eventually a new generation rises. And as it stands now, I played for 140 hours and my character was only 57 years old. So, depending on where they set the death by old age limit, you might get 150 hours+ per character. I don't think it's going to effect people as badly as they think. Since it's not even implemented yet, I think people are being a little quick to complain about a feature they haven't even tested or experienced.

I think the official developer response to this one is going to be to find a mod (or play Warband) if it bothers you that badly, but I may be proven wrong. It's basically been a "box feature" since this game was announced.

There is no mention of 'aging' on the features page on TaleWorlds official site, or the Steam store page. One of the main features advertised is the ability to 'play the way you want.'

This is a Mount & Blade game. I want to play it like other Mount & Blade games. Raising a family and re-leveling characters does nothing to benefit me, does not interest me, and is nothing more than a waste of time to me.

o0ubs1y.png

If it's such a 'hyped' mechanic/feature, why isn't it listed on the store page on Steam or the official TW Bannerlord site? Why hasn't it been implemented yet, when other new mechanics were apparently core to the Early Access release?

Why you would oppose an option that you can ignore is beyond me. Especially considering that no other M&B game put this restriction on players previously. Again, raising a family and having to re-level an heir is putting time-limits on my playthrough. Either I need to rush, skip content, or invest my real time in doing chores to continue a campaign. I'll pass, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom