What causes this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Full-Tang

Recruit
While playing the game the first day, I seemed to have no problems.

Now, when doing anything at all on my computer, the sound effects have a reverberated quality to them.

Even in other games.

It's like I have the speakers in a toilet bowl.

Who knows how to fix this?

I don't think that M&B changes your settings.

Did you change something to accomodate M&B?

If you haven't done anything, then check if its plugged in. I know it sounds stupid, but you can't guess how many times my speakers weren't working and I found out that they had become a little plugged out.

Actually, I have experienced a similar problem. At some point during playing M&B, my sound gets a little "staticy" and I can't figure it out. There's just an obvious static sound that is mostly noticable in the music, but is also apparent in all sounds (horses running, weapons clanging, men screaming).

Yes, this happens to me too, not only the sound is static, but the movements are somewhat "lagging" too

btw, shouldn't this thread be in the bug reports?
Shame on you Tang! I've thought you were a pro betatester, you should know that ! :wink:

I have a similar thread there, but this goes beyond really.

I just got into Hearts of Iron 2, and DAoC, and everything sounds like it's echoing. EVERYTHING.

No I didn't change any settings.

Last night, I rebooted the computer and it went away. Then when I left the game again, it came back.

Dunno what's up.

Fidelis said:
Actually, I have experienced a similar problem. At some point during playing M&B, my sound gets a little "staticy" and I can't figure it out. There's just an obvious static sound that is mostly noticable in the music, but is also apparent in all sounds (horses running, weapons clanging, men screaming).
Yup happens to me too.

No help on the hardware acceleration.

This has happened to me before in beta tests, a while back. I don't know what caused it then either, but it did go away in time.

Now, rebooting doesn't seem to help.

I've had a similar problem lately and it relates to my USB headset. I have this Sound Manager program running (I think it's installed with my MSI Mainboard software, I'm unsure) and you can see a little blue icon in your system tray if it's running. For some reason when I unplug my USB headset after having used it for a while, my Sound Manager will set a global effect for my sound card to make it sound like it's in an echo chamber. You can turn that off by double clicking on the icon and setting the sound to normal.
This is all from memory since I'm at work right now, I'll update it with specific factual information when I get home.

Okay I found the solution.

When checking my audigy settings, I found the access to 'environmental effects'.

Now, checking the list, they were set to 'no effects' but the environmental slider was set to 100%.

Somehow an effect snuck in, even though the setting didn't show it, and the 100% effect slider caused it to get really annoying.

I just tuned the slider down to 0%, and the problem went away.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom