What caused you to be joyous on this day?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was my first day at my new job. Everyone looked so happy and relaxed; they were all chatting and joking around with each other the whole day. The job has some pretty sweet benefits/perks, aside from medical and dental. Let me list the ways:

-the company is giving me 300 dollars each year for any gym membership/personal trainer/exercise machine that I choose to buy. I also get 300 dollars for massages each year.

-they're giving me a company credit card. I basically get to pig out at the city's restaurants on the company's dime, and I can charge other expenses like taxis.

-they not only pay for my expensive-ass continuing education courses, but they'll award me 1200 dollars when I finish the entire set.

-whatever amount I put toward my retirement savings, they'll contribute double that amount (up to a total of 6 percent). So if I put aside 2 percent each year, on top of that, they'll contribute 4 percent to my savings.

-there's a "Wellness Room" with a bed if you need to lie down, and also a blood pressure monitor, and machines for measuring BMI and weight/fat percentage. Each time I visit the room, I accumulate points depending on how well I'm doing and those points turn into money to use at a Best Buy store. 

-they'll match dollar-for-dollar my donations to charity.

-they pay for a company to offer employees free counselling services. Not only counselling for me, but for anyone in my family. 

-my entire family gets discounts on car insurance, and I get free travel insurance.

The bosses are also really laid-back. It's officially a 9am-5pm job, but I was told by my supervisors that as long as I come in sometime around 9:30am and leave around 3:30pm, it's cool. Even then, they said that most people are still getting their coffees and chatting until 10am. Also, my lunches aren't at a set time. I can choose when I go for lunch, and when I asked my supervisors how long I should take for my lunches, they said, "if you feel like you're taking way too long, it's probably time to come back from lunch, but it's not a big deal." I can take breaks at any time, even to go to the local Starbucks. I'm pretty happy with this company so far. They're almost too good. There must be something nefarious going on behind the scenes. Oh, and in the washroom, they had free mouthwash, moisturizer, lint rollers, and other shiz. 

*Reads Mrs. Dryvus' post

What the ****. How does a company with chatting and laid back people with that many crazy benefits doesn't go bankrupt in half a year? :lol:
What do you do again?

They could be plotting world domination and it'd still be an awesome job you landed, nice one. What do you have to do in return, though? Collect the souls of the damned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom