What be on yer mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geez, I think it was in the Military thread a couple days ago that Dogukan was asking about whether or people would be willing to be actually involved in combat and risk your life and what for.

Well, I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm signing up for all that by enrolling in police academy, cops are dropping like flies to scum bags using the Brown and Garner cases as an excuse to wreak havoc.

Austupaio said:
Geez, I think it was in the Military thread a couple days ago that Dogukan was asking about whether or people would be willing to be actually involved in combat and risk your life and what for.

Well, I'm starting to feel like maybe I'm signing up for all that by enrolling in police academy, cops are dropping like flies to scum bags using the Brown and Garner cases as an excuse to wreak havoc.

I would be willing to risk my life to serve and protect; but I don't see a need to in my area. And as for military causes, I do not agree with the Afghanistan conflict so I have no reason to enlist currently. I would be willing to join the army if it was for a third world war and it was necessary or my nation was under threat of invasion, and I'd also join a rebellion locally if it had a good and justified cause that I'd agree with. Such as, if conditions involving capitalism worsened to the point where people are desperate to survive economically (more so then they are) or fascism erupted in my nation, or we became a total occupied puppet of another nation I'd definitely rebel and fight for the freedom of the proletariat and my fellow citizens. But that said it'd take a lot for me to take up arms, I got a woman and my mother and sister+other relatives to consider and I am not going to risk their safety and my own without great need... and most of the reason why I'd take up arms is to protect that immediate family and my lady.

But I'd consider myself fairly dutiful... I would fight, even if I would or wouldn't be good at it, for a good enough cause. I'm not a coward and I am willing to stand by my ideals and my country if it truly needs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom