What be on yer mind?

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, I've found that making a summary while reading it helps a lot in making more sense out of it (as well as making it less boring) and already making a shorter version to use as further reference.

As you can see, I'm not very used to this actually-studying-outside-of-classroom thing.

I don't give much of a **** for biochemistry. Hell, I believe I could make through most of university without studying much more than I did in school. Hell, as far as grades are concerned, so far, I'm doing just fine with minimal study.

I'll turn up a lousy, lousy medic, though, if I keep this up. So I gotta do me some studying.

Ambalon said:
Eh, I've found that making a summary while reading it helps a lot in making more sense out of it (as well as making it less boring) and already making a shorter version to use as further reference.

As you can see, I'm not very used to this actually-studying-outside-of-classroom thing.
Waw, until I read your second paragraph I was like "What the **** did this guy do in high school to study?". Everyone does that Ambalon. :razz:

I've yet to study my whole life, so far. Everyone else at my school seems so concerned about it and blames their failures on "Omg I didn't study!".

Unrelated, I learned two new British words today that are really weird. Like 'pram' and apparently they pronounce 'garage' like 'gerij'

I barely studies in high school. I remembered most of the stuff from classes (almost always, there was never "outside" material on a test), and only really studied if there was a glut of factoids, such as German vocab or some of the history classes. In college, some tests include material not covered in class (or at least, only a brief overview is given), and other classes are just really hard to pay attention in.

I'm still not used to it too. I barely take notes during class, I prefer to understand the subject from what the teacher is passing onto us. The bad part of that is, I'm in engineering, can't work that way. I really have to adjust and start studying outside of classes since most of the times I need practice.

I have a question, I've been wondering about it today. A lot of the members on here are not American, I'm curious as to you guys learned English? Like is it a norm in some of your countries to know English? Just blatant curiosity.

Pfft, here it isn't a norm to learn our own language. Most people do but they abject in writing it correctly. But without further ado, I learnt by myself, playing rpgs and reading books with a dictionary by my side combined with good guessing sense to decode the grammar layout.

EDIT: I may sound a bit spiteful every time I talk about my country, but it's not undeserved, as sad as that may be.

Harkon Haakonson said:
Ambalon said:
Waw, until I read your second paragraph I was like "What the **** did this guy do in high school to study?". Everyone does that Ambalon. :razz:
Everyone does what?  :???:
Dante Alighieri said:
I have a question, I've been wondering about it today. A lot of the members on here are not American, I'm curious as to you guys learned English? Like is it a norm in some of your countries to know English? Just blatant curiosity.
As Headmaster said, it's not the norm in Brazil. Myself, I learned it through an English school, though some people tend to learn it by themselves with music and video games. The vast majority of people tend to speak **** all english, though, thanks to the mighty poor English classes most schools have.

In most levels of secondary education in the NL, English (and French and later German) is mandatory. Only levels where this isn't the case (afaIk) are the VMBO-levels. Hell, I've had English since (before!) primary school.

Also, strange night this was. I went to bed a bit ill, did massive amounts of tossing and turning. And one of the girls downstairs had guests over, and they were kinda loud. I know for a fact that the other dude in the building went downstairs to calm them down around two or three. Apparently they also banged doors a bit loudly as I heard said dude shout about that.

and a bit later around six I woke up for a piss, an ibuprofen and a throat-pacifying drink.

Ambalon said:
Harkon Haakonson said:
Ambalon said:
Everyone does what?  :???:
Dante Alighieri said:
As Headmaster said, it's not the norm in Brazil. Myself, I learned it through an English school, though some people tend to learn it by themselves with music and video games. The vast majority of people tend to speak **** all english, though, thanks to the mighty poor English classes most schools have.
The method of study that is described in the very post I quoted, maybe.
slowpoke.jpg

Dante Alighieri said:

Muzzy.

When I was in school it was mandatory from fifth grade onwards, these days they start at the age of seven in second grade.
For the last two years of school I took an "advanced" class, but I didn't get all that comfortable with it until a few years ago when I started reading books and watching movies/TV series and playing games in English.

Well, and the internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom