Votes: 8 14.0%
  • 501 - 1000 I like it big

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • 1000+ I like it EPIC!!!!!!

Votes: 6 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

As I have been having an easy time with battles so I have decided to up the limit to 1000, I think numbers should count on the field.

My only question is will it negate the tactics skill?

True, but thats the whole point. If I had an army of 500 and they a 1000, best to avoid it. At the moment I win those fights easily with the BZ set on low.

I have a hero with tactics level 5 and battlesizer at 400 but we always have roughly equal numbers even if we outnumber them 5 to 1

Have it set at 401 because my computer can handle it.  Would have it set higher if it could handle it.  Been thinking about eliminating Polished Landscapes to see if it might help - although I suspect it's more of a CPU load issue than a GPU issue.

While the formations in game are not historical, it is quite spectacular to witness a large battle.  Especially on more open and relatively flat terrain.

phoenixguard09 said:
Well I just play on 150 cause any more would probably kill my computer.  It hates me as is.  I can't play more than on 25 on DX9 just due to the lag.

This... but for me  :grin:

200, the game crashes for me if I set more, although performance is not that different. IMHO maps are too small for bigger armies... but there is a mod for that too, right? I would prefer unlimited battle size and maps size automatically adjusting to number of troops.

diavel said:
200, the game crashes for me if I set more, although performance is not that different. IMHO maps are too small for bigger armies... but there is a mod for that too, right? I would prefer unlimited battle size and maps size automatically adjusting to number of troops.

I have never tried myself but I believe you can tweak the map size in the module.ini or with TweakMB.

When I'm playing Rhodoks I set it to about 450 (the most my computer can handle without turning the graphics down), as I find that my Sharpies and Sergeants are best used en mass, and the Rhodoks' lack of cavalry seems to make it easier for my CPU.

Only time when when Tactics made much of a difference was when I was defending Shariz from a group of 2000 Sarranids with my 250 Rhodoks. I feel that if I hadn't had such a high tactics level (6) then I would've lost that siege. Instead I prevailed with only fifteen to twenty-five of my men defeated. This was on ~119% Difficulty.

Ughh, I still haven't been able to make my Warband battle size bigger, so it's stuck at 150. Is there a battlesizer mod for Warband or do I have to keep changing the .txt file every time I open the game?

Back
Top Bottom