What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Does anyone here manage to play without Equip best Item? manually equipping companions every battle is one the most tedious tasks in the game and I would rather have them naked If I don't have that mod
1. There's rarely any good loot, so maybe after each 10th battle there's smth to equip (unless using cheat mods)
2. Equipping your crew is interesting for those who enjoy roleplaying games. In solid party-based RPGs that's a big part of the game, not only armor and weapons, but scrolls, potions, trinkets etc. so Bannerlord is not that hard with the loot management.

Does anyone here manage to play without Equip best Item? manually equipping companions every battle is one the most tedious tasks in the game and I would rather have them naked If I don't have that mod
Good mod, it's pretty draining/boring-as-hell scrolling through the items to see if there's any green colored stuff to throw onto each of my companions, twice (battle and civvie). After a bit they'll have ok equipment that you can just assume won't easily have superior stuff, but good lord it's poor until then.
black_bulldog's post reminded me how it was even worse in OG, I forgot having to talk to each of them, lol... probably because mods existed to help automate that.

Roleplaying doesn't mean "I can use all the weapons in the game and expect exactly the same result every time", quite the contrary, actually.
Having to choose your weapon depending on the situation IS roleplaying.

Yeah, mods are never downloaded my the majority of players who bought a game, ever, especially a recent one and without the steam workshop.
That's pretty much a given, and I would add that many people who bought the game don't even play it.

This. Nobody expects a tier 1 weapon to be competitive late game against say, an Imperial Elite Cataphract or Banner Knight.

There is more than that however. The base game should have a certain level of realism and polish. It's clear that the developers want this to be more than "Call of Duty - Middle Ages" or a casual game. There was an attempt to make historically accurate equipment, although not always for the time period specified in the game.

The stats of the items should also reflect that realism, something that RBM does.

Drastic battle actually has a better approach - they are not changing weapon and armor values, but the formula how damage is calculated. I see TW doing balancing in this way rather than changing item values. In theory it's more efficient.
Like if you have a plate armor, you get automatic arrow damage reduction by x % depending on armor tier, protection value.

There's trade-offs to both IMO. Drastic is compatible with more mods, but the problem is that the baseline equipment are at times, unrealistic as well.

Otherwise, you end up with situations like this:

The armor is going to have to be rebalanced in the base game IMO.

Yes there is, go to main game menu, RBM coombat module and enable unit overhaul, dont worry it will not affect DRM in any way but it will change gear of vanilla units and gear in arenas, alternativelly you can use fair tournament mod.

I wonder if the Calradia Expanded Kingdoms team could do this as well.

IIRC they dropped their RBM patch in their latest few versions.

1. There's rarely any good loot, so maybe after each 10th battle there's smth to equip (unless using cheat mods)
2. Equipping your crew is interesting for those who enjoy roleplaying games. In solid party-based RPGs that's a big part of the game, not only armor and weapons, but scrolls, potions, trinkets etc. so Bannerlord is not that hard with the loot management.

The only way to fix this is with True Battle Loot.

That may be a mod worthy of adding to this thread.

Back
Top Bottom