What are your must-have mods you can't play without that you'd like Taleworlds to implement into the base game?

Users who are viewing this thread

For me it's probably the PartyScreenEnhancements and the RTS camera. The first one ads just a few buttons that let you halve the time you spend in the menus doing basic stuff like upgrading troops, the other one is a dramatic improvement to battles as it allows you to both pause the game and use an RTS-type camera to observe the batttle from the sky, which in combination let you actually order troops around during battles AND fight in them at the same time without insane micromanagement.

I have a long list of mods. Here are the absolute essential ones (and whatever is necessary as pre-requsit)
  • realistic battle combat and ai
  • improved garrisons
  • party ai overhaul and commands rebuild
  • diplomacy
  • true relations
  • true noble opinion
  • serve as soldier
  • fourberie
  • don't stop me now
  • dismembermentplus

Only realistic battle mod, because I dont like Taleworlds mobile game design where 1000 men battles are over in less than 2 min.

Rbm and Rts(only the part of where you and ai can order a unit of soldiers to attack a specific unit of the enemy). I did not play too much with Diplomacy mod so i can not say too much about it, but it has its appeal for sure. Other than that, the game really need of feeling of progression in terms of status quo of the player. Joining a kingdom is easy, getting clan tiers is easy since the player is the nuclear detern of Calradia.

Must include in my opinion:

- Realistic Battle Mod (I consider the game pretty much unplayable without RBM, Realistic Battle AI, and if RBM is not available, Drastic Battle)
- Serve as a Solider
- Autoresolve Rebalanced
- Improved Garrisons
- RTS Camera
- Diplomacy
- Agriculture Estate

I think all of these should be added into the base game to be honest.

Nice to have:
- My Little Warband
- Adonnay's Troop Converter
- Fourbourie
- Party Screen Enhancements
- Pacemaker

I'll update again after looking at my mod list.

Agriculture estate is not well known.

Last edited:
Why is that?

Yep - I strongly dislike playing now without RBM. It feels like "Call of Duty" early middle ages and very arcadey. In the base game, armor is way to ineffective and archers are too powerful. I'd be ok with nerfing archers even more in RBM at this point.

Armor works both ways - higher tier friendly troops should be harder to kill, but so too should higher tier enemy troops.

I guess if people prefer the game being more like an arcade experience and less like realistic combat, it would appeal to that demographic.

Judging by the number of posts, that poster is in the minority.

Diplomacy (civil wars, alliances, non-aggression pacts, messagers etc)
Succession (different succession laws for each kingdom/culture)
Pacemaker (faster passing of time to make the dynastic system of the game more important like in Crusader Kings)
Realistic Battle mod (better AI, formations, armors and weapons that work as closely as possible to how they should)

Definitely can't play without those, they make the game 99% of what i wanted it to be from the start.

I have a long list of mods. Here are the absolute essential ones (and whatever is necessary as pre-requsit)
  • realistic battle combat and ai
  • improved garrisons
  • party ai overhaul and commands rebuild
  • diplomacy
  • true relations
  • true noble opinion
  • serve as soldier
  • fourberie
  • don't stop me now
  • dismembermentplus

I would love to play with dismemberment plus but I'm too stupid to understand how to install all the supporting files it needs

I can think of several mods with features that should be added to Bannerlord, but they're all for either original M&B or Warband.

Sword of Damocles (M&B) includes a wide range of fief management options, including tax rates, edicts, economic buildings, and barracks.

Europe 1805 II (M&B) includes purchasable houses, adjustable tax rates, materials requirements for buildings, and so on.

The Last Days of Middle Earth (both M&B and Warband) uses an overall "faction strength" for each faction, which is depleted whenever a lord recruits fresh troops and replenishes periodically. Taking too many losses over too short a timespan will weaken the faction, allowing for less recruitment in the next cycle. Every battle makes at least some difference in the overall force balance, no matter how small the action.

Why is that?
Last time I tried it, which was quiet a while ago, archers seemed bad. Also, if I remember correctly swords weren't as useful as they are now against armour, which is also bad in my opinion. I want all types of weapons to do damage against all types of armour, but higher tier armour should be better in the native game.
Judging by the number of posts, that poster is in the minority.
Judging by the number of people who bought the game vs the number of people who have downloaded the mod, I would say I am in the majority.

People often forget that the forum consists mostly of the most hardcore elitist fans, whose goal to make the game a button pressing menu headache I disagree with. This game is for quick action and smashing skulls. TaleWorlds have developed it that way, and it does appeal to the masses which is good.

I feel RBM and Diplomacy are a must because without them the game becomes way too arcady for me. RTS, Serve as a Soldier, Improved Garrisons, and True Relations are also very important but not a must. If Taleworlds will implement some a better Diplomacy and fix the damn armors and damage calculations I'd be willing to come back and play again but I really doubt they will because it seems like they want Bannerlord the become the C.O.D. of this series.

Bannerlord is unplayable without RBM.

is it true what they say over at the page in nexusmods though?

they say swords are useless with this patch. that there are horrible faction inbalances..

i keep reading a lot of praise for this mod here on these forums but no criticism at all. i installed it for a few minutes and realised it had messed up my whole economy whereby a pugio cost like 15k and long swords 2k.. so ya..

can you comment on the negatives of this mod as well? at the end of the day its meant to be a game if every battle is going to last 5 hours and ill be forced to use maces and swords are just for decorative purposes then i dont see the point. if batanians will just run over their neighbours on every save then whats the point

Back
Top Bottom