What are you Waiting for Before you Jump Back in for Another Playthrough?

Users who are viewing this thread

Honestly, I just want sandbox kingdoms and diplomacy in 1.4.1 to work. I hope they fix it today(It might be today looking at steamdb). As of now, the MAIN FEATURES of the patch don't work at all, game crashes for everyone. I havent heard differently anywhere else.

I'm still playing but I can feel my interest in the game starting to wane.

Diplomacy needs to be developed so alliances, trade agreements, truces can happen with war / peace being part of that
The AI decision making for kingdoms needs to be a lot better and some form of casus belli needs to exist (please no more wars between factions on opposite sides of the map)
AI lords need to have better AI, so they defend their towns and castles, not plunge deep into enemy territory to take a castle they will never hold
Companions need to be a lot more useful and we need to have more means to control them
Perk system needs to work
Leveling needs to be improved
Troop training needs to be a function
Bandits / looters / hideouts need to be reworked and not just be random spawn fodder
Smithing needs to be improved
World map needs enhancing...roads, camps, outposts etc..
Castles need to have a function
I could keep going for a few pages....there is almost no aspect of the game that doesn't need work or improvement.

I've loved my time with Bannerlord and it is good....but yeah....keep going devs :smile:

I’ve worked out the best battle tactics, AI does the same thing every time, so every battle is becoming basically the same, not boring but I would say ‘immersion’ is low, mid-game to end-game, so kinda waiting/hoping for better AI.

Once, enemy troops seem to retreat, re-group and charge again but it was more to do with reinforcements arriving at the right time.

This was an ’unpredictable’ event, as feedback, if Dev’s could work this AI area alittle more then it would go a long way towards to having alittle more variety for battles.

Currently AI tactics are..
  • All-out attack.
  • Defend nearest hilltop.
  • Cavalry attack, troops defend nearest hilltop.
If Dev’s could develop a few more AI features like…
  • Feint attack then defend (running defence).
  • Feint defence then attack (not just attack when in range but at an unexpected time).
  • Regroup, if moral breaks but still units have good numbers and/or reinforcements then units to fall back (even set hilltop defence) and re-group instead of scattering.
Such features would cause players to chance tactics on the fly, having six AI tactics times all the different maps would mix up battles alot whole more.

I'll probably wait six months before I touch it again, it's just too unfinished and barebones, and almost every patch just doesn't work right with your save. Ideally, I'd want to wait a couple of years for it to be finished, and for the overhaul mods to come, to make the game into what Taleworlds should have done, but I doubt I'll manage to make myself wait that long.

I play custom sieges mostly. I'm playing AC Odyssey now so I don't want to spend too much time on BL's SP. But I do play a little with each Beta. Trying to wait out a more complete end game so I don't ruin my first playthrough.

I had several hundred hours with WB. I recently reinstalled it, considering another play through to conquer the map while I wait. Maybe with big mods this time (I was a purist of the original. Only had a battle count modifier for my main saved game).

Full mod support will probably keep me going for a few hundred/thousand hours. In terms of base game, I really need feasts and better fief management etc to break up the monotony of constant battles and sieges.

Also, working unit groups that the AI don't bork when in command. Fix the skirmishers group already...

-Insert training arenas in cities, castles, and villages (purchased and built up)
-Prisoners actually mattering and strategic diplomacy with prisoner management (My ideas are here )
-Village, castle, cites investment to build up. I want to feel like being a lord is rewarding.
-Fixing AI during war so large armies don't just march to capital, lords actually defend borderlands, lords depending on traits may be more passive/aggressive after victory/defeat.
-Fixing leveling up on engineering, smith-ing, and athletics (why is my dude always slow? was he fat his whole upbringing?)
-Battle tactics. I should be able to tell cav to charge archers only for examples. AI should not just openly charge.
-worldmap ambushes need to be inserted. Defeating large armies shouldn't primarily be just a numbers/most elite troops game.
-Setting up camps/ resting at inns is a must for parties over a certain size (idk on a exact #)
- Tournaments, festivals, feast (post tourney) all need to be improved upon or inserted.
-Deeper diplomacy within kingdom and other kingdoms both during war/peace time. (so many areas to add)

This is a lot i know and that's likely why i only play MP at the moment. I realistically will have to wait on mods. i likely won't get my enjoyment fully until a few years from now.

Not waiting for anything; still just playing. Probably quitting soon and going on to something else...but not really because of the (many) problems in the current EA. Rather, it's been 300+ hrs, just normal burnout like with any game. Shrug.

Doesn't mean I'm blind to all the issues or saying it's all okay. Yeah, lots of stuff sorely needs to be fixed. Just didn't stop me from playing...and won't be the reason for stopping either. (That said, the issues probably will keep me from picking Bannerlord back up before full release).

Just as a tangential aside...many use the term "unplayable". It's an objective, absolutist term that can only mean that a game just won't start or crashes so often that it literally can't be played at all, however good or bad the gameplay is otherwise. That's clearly not the case here, at least for the vast majority of players. Otherwise, we'd all have Steam stating "Play Time: 0.0 hours"....and wouldn't even know of all the problems because we wouldn't have encountered them while playing the game. "Unplayable" doesn't mean the same thing as "Not worth playing...to me...because of all the problems."

I’ve worked out the best battle tactics, AI does the same thing every time, so every battle is becoming basically the same, not boring but I would say ‘immersion’ is low, mid-game to end-game, so kinda waiting/hoping for better AI.

Once, enemy troops seem to retreat, re-group and charge again but it was more to do with reinforcements arriving at the right time.

This was an ’unpredictable’ event, as feedback, if Dev’s could work this AI area alittle more then it would go a long way towards to having alittle more variety for battles.

Currently AI tactics are..
  • All-out attack.
  • Defend nearest hilltop.
  • Cavalry attack, troops defend nearest hilltop.
If Dev’s could develop a few more AI features like…
  • Feint attack then defend (running defence).
  • Feint defence then attack (not just attack when in range but at an unexpected time).
  • Regroup, if moral breaks but still units have good numbers and/or reinforcements then units to fall back (even set hilltop defence) and re-group instead of scattering.
Such features would cause players to chance tactics on the fly, having six AI tactics times all the different maps would mix up battles alot whole more.

Yeah been playing TW Rome2 again and while those battles can also get too "samey" i like the idea behind their "Ambush" battle scene -that being one force starts entirely on top of both sides with the defenders having almost no time to react to the two tidal waves that come crashing down. Bannerlord could have that as well. Its too bad they didnt implement a real Line of Sight mechanic to the game as that would change EVERYTHING about how battles play out think - Troops hiding behind structures unknown, ready to ambush etc

-Imporve Battle AI
-Bring back the 25 day truce system
-Better dynasty system
-More and deeper options in diplomacy

But for now just bring the damn truce system back...Calradia right now is a place of insane leaders fighting for total domination.
Example:
----Player marches from Drapand Castle to Makeb and fortunatelly finds Monchung-----
"Hey shall we make peace?"
"Sure yeah..gimme 200k denars"
"Ok cool!"
----A few ingame moments later-----
"Khuzait declared war on you"

I am kind of amazed how what some people are waiting to play but there problems could easily be fixed with one of the many great mods already available.

I'm also saddened that Taleworlds can't simply just add some of the features that are already proven to be widely popular in some of those mods.

Yeah been playing TW Rome2 again and while those battles can also get too "samey" i like the idea behind their "Ambush" battle scene -that being one force starts entirely on top of both sides with the defenders having almost no time to react to the two tidal waves that come crashing down. Bannerlord could have that as well. Its too bad they didnt implement a real Line of Sight mechanic to the game as that would change EVERYTHING about how battles play out think - Troops hiding behind structures unknown, ready to ambush etc

and thereafter Creative Assembly couldn’t understand why peeps complain about “ambush” removal!... and everything else LOL.

Here Dev’s have been working on this game for a very long time but if they’re still motivated then developing 'ambush' AI could be interesting to them, forest areas would be a good place to start, would inspire map strategy and increase the game scope tenfold. Maybe even pull back AI aggression excess (if armies stop to setup ambushes from time to time).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom