What are you reading now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Havent read Season of Storms yet, is it worth it?
It's another blue collar adventure of Witchery Jerald. Yes, If you like the short stories (My favourite part of the series) or just want more Witcher but it isn't a mandatory read, you're not missing anything huge by not having read it.

I think the last thing I read was ‘twenty thousand leagues under the sea’.
This was months ago, now I’m ready books on pharmacology, clinical pharmacotherapy and therapeutics.
But I would like to read my new book; ‘A history of seafaring’ which is an overview of nautical history spanning 5000 years

I started up Eifelheim by Michael Flynn and Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive (kept delaying because I didn't have the rest released lol). I know of Sanderson through his work on The Wheel of Time, and I can't wait to get into the series. I know it will be fantastic!

"The Fisherman and His Soul" Oscar Wilde . Interesting book. I highly recommend reading it. Unfortunately I don't know any Russian writers and their works. Therefore, I can not suggest in this regard. I wish I had time to read my favorite book. I have to write a term paper for my University. Unfortunately I can not do what I wanted, .Because it's very difficult. I can't do it on my own.

Last edited:
I started up Eifelheim by Michael Flynn and Brandon Sanderson's The Stormlight Archive (kept delaying because I didn't have the rest released lol). I know of Sanderson through his work on The Wheel of Time, and I can't wait to get into the series. I know it will be fantastic!
How are you finding the series?

This thread. Oh-ho! I'm sure I'm the first one to say that since 2010 (wow, what a thread).

In all seriousness, I'm writing. I tend to prefer it to reading as I get to control the narrative. I do enjoy controlling the narrative.

How are you finding the series?

I'm enjoying Stormlight Archive more than Eifelheim, but I think that's only because Eifelheim's audiobook is narrated weird. That said, it isn't a bad book at all, so I'll probably just stop the audiobook and read the physical one after Stormlight.

Started reading first book in Malazan Book of the Fallen series. So, far its been good. Lots of stuff happening even though its just beginning of the series. I had heard lot of praise for this book, so finally decided to give in.

The last novel I read was "Lords and Ladies" by Terry Pratchett.
I am not a super fan of his books like my brother but they always were an enjoyable read.
I like to pick them up while I am traveling, though I prefer his older titles like "The colour of magic" over the newer ones such as "Going postal"
But so far I haven't read a disc world novel I disliked.
But I remember that the long earth was a chore for me to read so I didn't follow that series.

Other than that, the last book I finished was Osprey's "Bannockburn 1314" by Pete Armstrong and illustrated by Graham Turner.
I really liked that one. I actually bought it primarily for the visuals on transitional armor and medieval heraldry but that book was very well written and had some nice illustration of the map/battlefield and so the actual movements were easy to follow. It, to me, was more engaging and cromprehensable than Osprey's "Crecy 1346"

And last but not least: I am reading multiple Osprey books at the same time but the one I spent most time with recently is: "Medival Heraldry" by Terence Wise.
I sure hope there was a similiar publisher, only from Germany :grin:

You guys don't have any Military History publishers over there? Even we of lowly Greece have a decent one.

I am probably just bad at google. So far I found an online seller for novels in historic settings - which I am not interested in. And a book about medieval door carvings and their meaning - which is oddly specific and even less interesting to me.

I am mostly looking for info on troops and equipement in early 14th century and photos and Illustration are a big help for me.
So Osprey is kind of perfect for me.

Maybe I am just looking for stuff too specific.

Back
Top Bottom