What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

It is also one of the things people appreciated the most. I played Witcher 3 after KCD because everyone was saying how great the same is. Wow! I uninstalled shorty after because of the combat system. KCD is one of the best games I have ever played. Right now the value of KCD is a lot higher than Bannerlord in terms of everything but the fact that you can't really command an army. But you get the dog, though. Can't wait for #2.

I'm sure it was, and I even know people who love it, but a very niche part of the community can actually do the combat as it was designed because it is needlessly complicated. I think that's why so many others have such gripes about the combat. I am excited for KCD2 though, and hopefully they improve combat a bit with it. If they don't, that's why, I'm sure the narrative will still be incredible despite it.

Also, this has insulted me, my friend. To uninstall Witcher 3 because of combat and never play it again. Tsk tsk!
200.gif

It is also one of the things people appreciated the most. I played Witcher 3 after KCD because everyone was saying how great the same is. Wow! I uninstalled shorty after because of the combat system. KCD is one of the best games I have ever played. Right now the value of KCD is a lot higher than Bannerlord in terms of everything but the fact that you can't really command an army. But you get the dog, though. Can't wait for #2.
I stopped playing KCD after 38 seconds, uninstalled it and threw the SSD in a river. Then I installed Witcher 3 on a new SSD three times and played it on two monitors. I didn't get the dog, though, I got a cat.

Last edited:
Zomboid has gotten some absolutely bussin updates the last year or so. Last time I actually played in depth cars weren't even a thing, now I find they were added in like 2019? Horrendous.

GOTHIC IS BACK!

Chronicles of Myrtana: Archolos

This is a large (and free) mod made by a couple of Polish guys and it rocks. This is literally a dream come true - new Gothic for all the Gothic fanboys who refuse to ackowledge anything published after the Night of the Raven. Set on Archolos, a completely new islad, it should be a prequel to Gothic 1 but I am only at the beginning so I don't really see all the references yet (but I have met the Old Camp smith!). The map is very nice and some locations are just so beautiful - vineyards mainly.

I am some 7 hours in and holy ****, it just FEELS like playing Gothic 2, except it is completely new and unknown and I don't know all the quests by heart. RPG without a map and quest markers? Yes please! Certain mechanics were added (cooking, fishing, a sort-of-fast-travel) but the gameplay remains the same. What is the most striking is that it does not feel like a mod at all - I played 2 mods for G2 before and this - in its level of polish (haha, sic), scope, and number of quests and characters - is something else completely. Quests are okay, some are very short and yield disproportionate experience, but no complaints here; it is not like Gothic 1 (unlike 2) was known for good quests either.

It has voiceacting that is very professional and feels complete - it even has singing characters who IIRC were not present in previous games. The only downside is that voiceacting is in Polish, but man, is it so much better than playing with subtitles only and no voices.

fsVc8.jpg
yGP6-.jpg
gzTA2.jpg
5Df0i.jpg
pMYgc.jpg
ELk5r.jpg
9QaDE.jpg

Elden Ring. I'm a sucker for any From Software title but this game is on a completely different level from the rest of the Souls games. I bought it mostly out of habit, knowing that at the very least I'd get my masochism fix in without having to replay one of the others, but I ended up spending 20-30 plus hours and finding I'd barely even scratched the surface.

The open world is expansive and vibrant beyond my wildest expectations, the horse is an amazing addition and mounted combat is integrated extremely well with the game, giving you additional options as there are a good few powerful bosses lurking in the open. Dual-wielding and weapon skills both return in highly-improved forms, animations are all top-quality, just about every weapon type I've encountered so far has some useful feature and, in general, the gameplay is solid as expected.

What really blew me away, and something I completely didn't expect, was the amazing environment and encounter design. Sure, you have your Souls-standard decaying castles/cathedrals with mournful, impossible architecture, but there is so much love and effort put into creating a real sense of variety and adventure. I got caught in a teleportation trap in one area and found myself underground, fighting my way to the surface of a crimson swamp that looked like something out of Kenshi. I made my way into a foggy forest, found an unassuming small shrine and stepped on an elevator which took me into the bowels of the earth which, to my surprise, opened up into an entire underground plain, lit by artificial starlight and littered with Greco-Roman ruins straight out of a Thomas Cole painting.

The areas aren't just absolutely beautiful but also filled with interesting enemies (so far). The aforementioned underground ruins featured slow, powerful enemies who could kill me in a couple of hits but only pursued at a slow walking pace, giving you the opportunity to try exploring the ruins but running the risk of cornering yourself at any dead ends and being at the mercy of the shambling horde. There are areas with sniper fire, areas patrolled by giant enemies, graveyards with respawning skeletons, just about every well-designed or difficult area from a previous Souls game has been remixed and improved here.

The game deserves every word of praise it's getting. It's a major labour of love and I can't see myself playing anything else for a very long time.

A better medieval multiplayer game than Bannerlord, that's for sure
15qa7Rl.jpeg
tCYlSSw.jpeg
aEdFRkx.jpeg

Anyone playing Distant Worlds 2? I'm waiting for it to get patched up properly before playing, but I'm very excited it was released recently. It's supposed to be an upgrade on the already excellent original, unlike some other game we know.

Last edited:
Asetto Corsa

More importantly, modder addon that adds Targa Florio. It is just so glorious - 72 kilometers of Sicilian mountain roads, average speed well bellow 100 kmh due to the curves, breathtaking views and a lap time of 45 minutes :grin:

It's weird not to race in a racing game, but just enjoy the view.
Maybe Euro Truck Simulator is a better game for this?
Pretty much that. There are games (and mods for those games), exactly for that purpose. To relax and enjoy the scenery, take it all in etc.
Asetto Corsa is decidedly a racing game, the whole purpose and design of it to compete in races or lap records and whatnot.

Assetto Corsa is not exactly a racing game because AI is not that great - settings can change how fast they go, but they always follow the ideal racing line. It is more of a game for fighting against the clock.

And just for the record, Targa Florio is a race. I never said I am not hotlapping the Targa, it is just that unlike most circuits, Targa has very sharp curves and a narrow road. Hence most of the time you go relatively slow, sometimes dropping below 30km/h in the hairpins. You don't go slow for the lack of wanting to go fast, but due to the want-to-stay-on-the-road thing. My best time so far is 42:40 which puts me at +- 101 km/h average speed (with a modern, well handling but relatively weak Toyota GT86).

I meant that it is so decidedly different driving to pretty much every other circuit, Nordschleife included, becase it is so curvy, so slow and so incredibly long. And you race on ordinary Italian roads as opposed to the usual sterile "safe" Grand Prix racing circuits.

Just take a look at this guy and see just how different it feels to ordinary tracks :grin:

****ing around in Rimworld, unsure if I want to play some more on my Imperial Star Wars game, the medieval run or start a new colony of Imperial Guardsmen from 40k. Oh, and I need to get the DLCs, too.

Back
Top Bottom