What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

DotA 2. It's a disease that will follow me to the grave. There's a brand new hero out though: Dawnbreaker and she's really fun to play, when she doesn't get banned every game. The DotA community is probably the most toxic group of players you will have ever encountered in a game though, unfortunately.
Banned every game? She's not what I'd call OP, but then I'm stuck in unranked for a little while yet 'cause I last played in 2016. The players I'm against are not what I'd call excellent.

Just finished Mad Max. It was enjoyable ride, even on crappy quality on my barely managing laptop it looked and sounded amazing.

But, man, **** that ending. Not necessarily in bad way. Just... I didn't need all of those emotions.

Just finished Mad Max. It was enjoyable ride, even on crappy quality on my barely managing laptop it looked and sounded amazing.

But, man, **** that ending. Not necessarily in bad way. Just... I didn't need all of those emotions.
Ending was depressing but fitting for a Mad Max game. I was actually really impressed by how well that game captured the feeling of a Mad Max movie, while still being decently original.

I recently bought a game called Wildermyth and I think it is a really interesting one.

It is procedurally generated, but they managed to weave stories into their system in a way that keeps them meaningful. It would be nice to see Bannerlord do something similar with the procedural companions that they have, but that will probably happen right after pigs start flying.

I've bought it ages ago and it was already pretty great, seeing how it evolved toward full release was amazing. Replaying the story campaigns currently and having a blast.
You sound like a veteran, I was wondering what your experience was with the highest difficulty levels. The default one is a little too easy, but I don't seem to be able to finish my first battle on the one after that without someone dying. Am I supposed to just accept the loss and recruit more people a la Battle Brothers?

You sound like a veteran, I was wondering what your experience was with the highest difficulty levels. The default one is a little too easy, but I don't seem to be able to finish my first battle on the one after that without someone dying. Am I supposed to just accept the loss and recruit more people a la Battle Brothers?
Hm, just tried that with no problems. Maybe it's a specific campaign's first fight that's too difficult? The generic 3-chapter campaign starts with a 2 deer fight that's easy at normal+1 difficulty.
You may want to stick together for defensive bonuses and follow up attacks with flank attacks (this works for ranged too) for that killer 100% to-hit bonus. Also, you may want to stay out of range of your enemies - check their movement range by hovering over their icons in the top right.
And thanks for the recommendation, it's a very enjoyable game.

I am returning to game after a longer break, but you had MadVader write all that there is to it. Don't rush into the combat, advance slowly, wall together, let the enemy notice you and approach you first. If worse comes to worst ending up with a hook is not all that bad.

Be mindful of upping difficulty, 'Age of Ulstryx' is basically just a tutorial (and, imo, provides a weird example of pacing that doesn't necessarily hold in other campaigns), but every consecutive story campaign ramps up quite a bit, especially playing for the first time, because each faction requires a slightly different approach. I have little experience with highest difficulty, 'Tragic Hero' to me is a perfect balance between providing a challenge and being lenient with experimenting with hero builds, so I mostly play that.

Also, **** Thrixl. I'll have to replay 'Eluna and the Moth' for achievement and I dread that. I have no idea how I managed to survive half of the story battles in that campaign. Thrixl were already pain if I rolled them in the generic story campaign, but 'Eluna' just turns it up to eleven.

I'm playing The Ascent a "Cyberpunk Diablo" and honestly it reminds me so much of Abuse that I'm really having a lot of fun. Very interesting proposal to have a fun time with challenging difficulties for the most demanding palates.

Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous. After the utter mediocrity to come out of Obsidian and the mixed bag that was Divinity: Original Sin (I didn't stick around for the sequel), this, warts and all, gives me hope that maybe the Western CRPG wasn't a complete abomination.

In short, it's good.

I'm been playing a LOT of Final Fantasy XIV recently, and a lot of Monster Hunter Rise on Switch. The difficulty of Rise is definitely not as hard as World, which is kind of a bummer. I could do without all of the super anime things too, it's honestly kind of grating to endure.

I've still been playing Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter Rise, but I finally got Diablo II: Resurrected installed so I've spent a few hours in that. I don't have anything to compare it to, though. I did buy the original a few months ago, but have had nothing but head aches getting it to install since it isn't on the Blizzard client. That said, I do like the game, despite having a few things I think were bizarre not to change (such as gender locked classes). I just wish it responded as well as Grim Dawn, but maybe they aren't exactly the same genres and this is a "feature".

Welcome to Monster Hunter pre-World, the games have pretty much always been like that.

World was my first MH game, so I just assumed this was a new theme. How did people deal with the anime gestures, songs and NPCs? lol Well, at least it's fun to fly around with insect glaive + wirebugs. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom