What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

I recently got AC Odyssey, I didn't thought much of it at first, because the new ac games quite differ from the old ones, which I really enjoyed, but I am really suprised, since Odyssey is actually really enjoyable. Now I have something to do until the next patch comes for Bannerlord :smile:

@Fietta did you get notified?

When you move to America and find out about co-pays and deductibles.

Yeaaaaaaah that was me when I first needed a doctor, pretty much. Luckily I have decent insurance now.

Just American things.

My other favorite was learning that you had to actually prepare your taxes yourself or pay someone to do it if like most people you found the tax code here very hard to decipher.

My wife likes to use a website where you pay a nominal fee and it kind of does everything for you. It won't work very well if you are in a non-standard situation but seems to work just fine for us. I think, what do I know, it's not like I am in charge :lol: .

I think you'll be playing Kenshi for quite a while then.

I've been playing Civ 5 recently and I've tried the Assyrians for the first time. Instantly my favorite faction in the game now. Typically in my Domination runs I'll be behind in tech until I've conquered the continent I started on, brute forcing enough science from my huge population to catch up and soon overtake most other civs. The Assyrians's schitck however gives me a free tech that my enemy knew but I didn't every time I conquer a city, so after every war I'm back on top technologically. It's perfect for me, 10/10 would desert warfare again

I've been playing Battle brothers, first time ever, avoided its early access and got it now with all DLCs.

It's a pretty steep learning curve, especially because I started out on veteran difficulty and ironman mode, had to start over 9 times already, but it's really neat. Highly recommended.

The world building is surprisingly well done for a procedurally generated map, the towns and villages all make sense, the buildings in them make sense, the way the map becomes increasingly dangerous the farther you go from the more civilized areas of the map is great, the descriptions are all well written, the variety of enemies is awesome, the events that pop up all make sense according to what your company is doing and where in the map you are traveling, the background of your mercenaries ends up mattering way more than what you initially think they will, and you do get attached enough to these little bros that when someone is struck down during combat it kinda hurts. It's also great how you can choose many different starting scenarios and how that impacts your playstyle.

I wasn't convinced at first because of how dice rolls tend to work, but you quickly learn to work around that and start betting less on getting lucky and more on having the right mix of skills, attributes, weapon types and formations.

I've been playing a lot of it as well. Unlike warband / bannerlord it has a total understanding of how to link these wildly dynamic mechanics together. Everything I initially felt was "missing" in Kenshi is actually omitted for good reason. If the developers had focus tested it, they would have got cries of "the world is too empty!" "why are there no early-game enemies?" "why is mining so slow?" etc and released a far inferior game where the more interesting playstyles fall by the wayside in favour of linear grinding.

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition. The old AoM, on disk, was one of the first games I owned, and I absolutely loved it. When it was re-released on Steam a few years ago, I bought it, but never got around to playing it until recently. I remembered it a couple weeks ago when I was looking for something different to play, and I've been playing a little bit now and again in my free time. So, yay, an old favorite rediscovered.

I started the main campaign from the beginning, and one of my first impressions was that even on hard difficulty, the first few missions didn't seem nearly as difficult as I remembered them. I remember struggling to hold off enemy raids and playing quite defensively, with lots of walls and towers and not enough investment put into my economy. This time around, in the first few missions, I built up my economy early on, and slowly built up my military forces, letting my men and myth units deal with the raids (which didn't happen as often as I remembered) rather than bothering with walls. Those missions were easy. In the last one I finished I just spammed minotaurs, which made things almost too easy. In the next mission, which I started earlier this afternoon, I decided to focus on human soldiers rather than myth units, to make it more of a "fair fight". What happened next was that I got my ass handed to me. It was not long into the mission when the AI started coming at me with some big raids. Holy smokes. I'm going to have to rethink my approach before I play that one again. The tough part is that they attack with mixed forces, so it's hard to figure out what to counter them with. Maybe it's time for walls again after all..

I've been playing Shogun 2: Total War again since the recent influx of players revitalized the multiplayer. It's a mess, but a beautiful mess, and I miss Avatar Conquest in all the succeeding Total War titles.

I've been playing the absolute **** out of the Anbennar mod for EU4. It's essentially a fantasy world taking place in the game world's version of EU4's timeframe, using many of EU4's base game mechanics very well. "Europe" is mostly human, though elves exist on the fringes, and halflings and dwarves also have some land. The Empire of Anbennar (HRE analogue) also is a thing. The "middle east" is a land overrun by harpies and gnolls, with elves recently having landed to reconquer the origin of civilization. Very slightly north are the furthest west Serpentspine Mountains, home of ancient dwarf holds and goblin clans. In the region roughly equivalent to Russia, various Orc tribes (who get Siberian Frontiers from the get go) and human adventurer states (utilizing Prussian militarization mechanics as "adventuring efficiency") duke it out over the remains of a kingdom devastated by Orcs, whose unification was destroyed upon the death of their leader. Meanwhile, in a region roughly equivalent to Portugal, some elves have taken it upon themselves to rediscover and reclaim their ancestral homeland, the mod's "new world". In doing so, they discover that the chief god of the "HRE"'s pantheon, Castellos, has died. This triggers a schism between the followers of the old pantheon and the worshippers of the avatar of one of the old gods, who was the one who slew the Orcish leader, halting their advance. (This leads to the mod universe's version of the Reformation, although much of it takes place in "russia".)
Meanwhile, in what is geographically "India", the once mighty state of Rahen is beset by troubles, as a divided empire (utilizing Shogunate mechanics) faces a powerful independent former vassal in the north, a free slave republic turned slaver state in the south (utilizing Mamluk mechanics), the potentially powerful Jaddari to the west (fantasy Alexander the Great, basically), and a powerful militarized hobgoblin state to the north, who themselves have as vassals two tribal goblin states in the caves to the north, providing a decent amount of military muscle, and two orcish clans, who they can force migrate to core newly conquered territories.

Most recent game was the city of Telgier, who I feel are most like Milan - they favour a very tall playstyle, and in fact get absolutely huge bonuses to production in their capital, which, if played well, will easily make them the leading producer of coal as soon as coal is a thing. Their mission tree revolves around expanding in the local area, before finally getting a mission to PU Gawed, which is, I suppose, roughly similar to France, in playstle if not in lore. Meanwhile, Lorent to their southwest, is a powerful contender for "europe", and most closely represent "spain", complete with revolts in the halfling "Small Country" region, functionally similar to the Netherlands revolts in base EU4.

Overall, a very, very solid mod. Would place it next to FFH2 as among my favourite mods overall. Still in work, with much of "asia", "africa", and the steppe region being filled out, but definitely worth a playthrough or 12.

I have recently started replaying Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magicka Obscura. For those who don't know of it, it is an RPG from 2001 that has the fairly peculiar characteristic of being set in a universe where magic and technology coexist (and clash). You have your typical fantasy races (elves, dwarves, orcs and others) and magic together with steampunk technology. It makes for an interesting universe to interact with. Plus the character system is complex and rewarding, you can play as a melee brute or a cunning intellectual and the experience will feel completely different. The music is also amazing and fits the game really well.

It is not without defects. The combat system is a little weird, it is easy to gimp yourself if you don't know what you are doing and on the other hand it is also possible to make yourself so powerful that the game becomes trivial relatively quickly, if you are so inclined. And of course the graphics might appear a little dated for some people.

Started playing fish tycoon again, a really old fish breeding and selling simulator. You can pick it up for free on the devs site

-DAPltHqaVQ_HoDz8DNx_-y2lCQIwOzC_wDXHx77jUOOLJI6LS1Dt0aA41kPrnRH6k0=h900

Currently returned to a game that sucked me in for two days straight once I bought it and is doing that again with last update

A very neat team-based tactical RPG, with player being there for a story of the group rather than one of the characters. At first art style was a turn-off, but it grew on me quickly. If you stumbled upon it in the past and thought that it looks interesting I encourage giving it a try, the game is already fully playable and the devs keep expanding it.

Doooooooom. Finished Doom 1 (Not E4, skipped for now because the difficulty jump was huge), and Doom 2 just today. Now it's onto the Final Doom megawads with TNT Evilution.

Doom 2 is probably one of the most hastily cobbled together games that people regard as great. There's real good stuff in there but a good third of it at least is just last-minute untested filler and the "plot" it's trying to tell with the intermission texts is entirely ignored by map 10. Special mention to Nirvana for being the ugliest-ass official Doom map ever. The big cavern with green goop for floor, lava(?) on the ceiling for some ****ing reason and walls made of a photo of some rocks is really a sight to behold.
maxresdefault.jpg

Back
Top Bottom