What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Playing Animal Crossing: New Horizons, but I gotta say I'm not feeling AC:NH much at all. Not being able to contribute to the island at all as player #2 is a huge hit on the charm of the series.

In between remote work (lol no), I've been playing some War Thunder for those "screw complex engine management, let's just get to cool airplane fights" feels and IL-2 Great Battles for that "ok, let's make things a bit more realistic and complicated now" experience.

Age of Empires 2: Definitive Edition.

It's... actually what it says on the tin. Aside from being absolutely enormous for such an ancient game (17Gb) and trying to get me to log into Xbox Live, it's easily the best AoE2 because of the gameplay improvements.

Hi, How do I play Romance of Three Kingdom X for the PS2 ??????????? I play That Video Game and everytime I do my warband the chinese goverment arrests me ??????

Just finished my first run of Doom Eternal, doing GTA: Vice City and Max Payne as well. Keep coming back to Warband, though!

I haven't even bought the game(I had a friend take the pic), but this is fun
5wgwm8lzgls41.jpg

Anyone played Dawn of Man? Looks neat and the reviews are almost suspiciously good.
Ok I regret waiting for a year to play this. It's absolutely cute and adorable! The kids squatting down to pick up stuff. The yellow Moscow subway dogs, the ridiculous way the animals fully submerge their heads when drinking from a river. How the people make the "ho ho!" sound when they finish a task. Love it, love it.

Kh2Wb.png
WQsk7.png
I wish there was a way to call of the dogs, though :sad: They always die a heroic, but unnecessary death during the raids
eNnMM.png

Dropped into Hunternet Starfighter.

Basically, it's Star Citizen if the focus was on good, solid combat and the game actually running well.

Played it for about 4-5 hours straight last night and had a lot of fun. Doing a 2 vs 2 with the developer against two veteran testers was both mildly terrifying but really showed how awesome space combat is when you add the element of teamwork.

Game is still in super Alpha but honestly runs really well for being so early in its development. Would highly recommend getting in on the Alpha if you like space combat and got tired of how garbage Star Citizen or Elite Dangerous have become in terms of combat.

I've returned to game I bought some time ago, Driftlands: The Magic Revival. Wasn't really all that impressed at first, but it was good for a couple of skirmishes against the AI, lately decided to return to it and give the campaign a second chance. Blasted through it in 5-6 lengthy sessions, really enjoyed the way the story comes together, though you need to grit your teeth through some missions.

For those interested, it is a neat, little RTS with aspirations to be a proper 4X, Settlers, NetStorm, a bit of HoMM, with lots of Majesty sprinkled on top, except that it falls short in every aspect, maybe aside of Majesty-like wrangling of your units. Everything happens in the skies and you can wrestle enemy for their little islands, so you can literally pick their kingdom apart, which is quite fun.

Ok I regret waiting for a year to play this. It's absolutely cute and adorable! The kids squatting down to pick up stuff. The yellow Moscow subway dogs, the ridiculous way the animals fully submerge their heads when drinking from a river. How the people make the "ho ho!" sound when they finish a task. Love it, love it.
Aww, now you made me regret missing out on the last sale it got. I was fighting against myself till the very last minute.

It's honestly awesome. I'm even considering writing a review on Steam and I don't think I have ever written a "official" customer review (positive or negative) of anything ever and also for the first time ever I'm trying to get all the achievements. Not gonna lie, some of the excitement may be the corona-quarantine and missing the outside. But still it's great.

Today, I tried to get the achievement where you have to get 900 (out of 1000 max) prestige while technologically reaching no further than the Neolith. I wasn't sure how exactly prestige worked, I just knew you generally get it by expanding and especially building megalithic structures. So I only started to look into the details when I was like 2 hours in. The calculation of prestige is very weird, you do get 2 points per every tribe member, some for every "essential" building like granaries or watchtowers, then yes for various megalithic structures and other spiritual/funerary even if they are not megalith and then for unlocking techs. I was originally going to do a little bit of roleplay with house rules, so I wanted to build a henge with lots of menhirs around, but it turns out menhirs are prestige-inefficient compared to henges and megaliths are a very scarce and obviously non-renewable resource, so I reluctantly did 3 henges. I also wanted to permanently deforest as small area as possible and instead build around and between the trees and give it a more spontaneous and organic look.

CLDjv.jpg
yTDou.jpg

It became soon obvoius, the three henges and around 100 population are not going to cut it, so I decided to spam totems, which are made from renewable materials. Here's my Neolithic mini-Šiaulai hill of crosses totems.

LgYhw.jpg

Turns out, they only give you prestige until a certain point, in my case some 80 points aways from the 900 goal, so I have to make up the rest by population expansion, which means getting to 180 pop. I'm stuck between 140 and 150. The immigration rate slows down as you expand and I'm playing hard mode, so raiders advance in tech independently of me, so while I am stuck in the Neolithic with flint axes and simple bows, they come at me every ~ 24 months with bronze swords and shields and while I can still zerg them, they usually take 5 to 10 of mine with them, which is about what I get from immigration and net natality during the cycle. At least I get to loot their corpses for the bronze stuff, so maybe eventually eventually, slowly but surely, I'll be able to kill them with just 1 or 2 casualties.

zue_B.jpg
0bJ5q.jpg

Back
Top Bottom