What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Still clunky as all hell. The game is designed for slow, paced gameplay and it shows when you're in CQC and have to scroll-click to open a door, if you can get the action menu to show in the first place.

Except you don't click to open a door like in ArmA 2, unless you rebind it that way for some awful masochistic reason. It's the space bar by default which does nothing but serve as the "action" button. And with the CTRL+WASD stance adjustments it's pretty good.

The action hotkey merely performs the first item on the action list. It causes problems when Arma thinks you should reload 5.56 green tracer instead of getting into the gunner seat of the tank.

Wargrounds, the one and only worthwhile server since I first tried it in 2012. :lol:
Yeah, there were like 30 folks on around midnight at the first map. Second map had 20 or so.

I've been playing some Men of War: Assault Squad 2 multiplayer with Radetzky lately. Yesterday, we were playing Frontlines, and we had a couple of noteworthy matches: In the first one, it was a 2v2 match on a city map called Silent Town (or something like that). Me and Radetzky were on one team and were attacking, while the other two players defended. We made headway, but they proved to be challenging opponents and put up a decent fight, IMHO. The interesting bit was when it was their turn to attack us, and they proved utterly inept at doing so, to the point that it was rather strange. The guy facing Radetzky kept spamming armor at him, which didn't do much (AFAIK) because Radetzky had mines and a big AT gun set up to eliminate said armor before it could be used much. The enemy player didn't take the hint, though. The guy facing off against me did even less: for a while, he just refused to push against my defenses, and there were times when I felt that if I only had more resources, I could've gone on the offensive and pushed him right back to his spawn point. It kinda became an annoying match, because perhaps the most effective thing that the enemy players did was to make it rain artillery shells and rockets (Nebelwerfers) on us, which got annoying because we weren't able to respond to that, and despite how temptingly weak the enemy front line was, the armor spam continually kept me from being able to send a tank out to their side of the map to wipe out all that massed artillery that they had.

Wellenbrecher said:
Rise of Flight, MP
Map 1: 1916, Fokker E.III fun. Yes, that's the famous Fokker scourge one that didn't even have flaps and instead distorted the whole wing to induce rolling via a silly system of ropes and pulleys.
Map 2: some 1918 Allied bomber offensive in Metz, the best of the best technology WW1 had to offer.

The contrast was insane and I have to admit I can't decide which was more fun to fly. :lol:
The Fokker E.III is fun. Especially in Pat Wilson's CG when, for a couple of months, you're the only armed thing in the skies. :razz: Then that ****er Lanoe Hawker went an put Lewis guns on an F.e.2b and they suddenly started shooting back. :lol: Only planes I ever really got decent with were the Albatros models and the s.e.5a though. And as I hear it those are some of the easiest ones to fly.

Been doing the same. Trying to play through the campaign again, this time without cheating, but it's still far too slow paced for my liking. :sad:

Wellenbrecher said:
Well it was MP and the Germans also had access to very limited numbers of Halberstadt D.IIs. But it was markedly more fun to fly the ****ty little Fokker :razz:
Oh gooood. The ****ing Halberstadts. Love fighting them, hate flying them. Though I know that at that date they were actually somewhat decent. The most fun German plane to encounter when flying an s.e.5 is the Roland though. Gods that thing is slow and clunky in the sky. Just adjust throttle, lay up underneath it and riddle the ****er with .303. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom