What are you playing right now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bury Me, My Love

a game for phones that looks like whatsapp in which you play as a guy whose wife tries to immigrate to Europe from Syria. So far my wife is on Turkey-Bulgarian border :grin: You exchange texts, give her advices, hear her grievances and so on. It is quite railroady in the sense that a lot of the convo is actually more of a movie in which you don't pick any answers, but there are choices both totally insignificant (write "good night" or send a kissing emoji) and significant (tell your wife to try to sneak and hide in a bus she was denied boarding to or tell her that it is dangerous and she should find another way).

Interesting thing is that it has "real" message settings as an option in which the game tries to, to a point, simulate time. So you have an exchange of texts, then she goes busy/offline, you switch off/minimalise the game because you cannot do anything. Then, after 3 hours or so, you have a pop-up on your phone with her going: "crap crap crap crap!" or something like that. Feels a bit like Tamagotchi, to be honest.

Interesting thing is that it has "real" message settings as an option in which the game tries to, to a point, simulate time. So you have an exchange of texts, then she goes busy/offline, you switch off/minimalise the game because you cannot do anything. Then, after 3 hours or so, you have a pop-up on your phone with her going: "crap crap crap crap!" or something like that. Feels a bit like Tamagotchi, to be honest.
Yeah, that's an interesting mechanic that adds an extra layer of immersion. One fun game with it that I tried is a space horror adventure called Zarya-1 Station, where you communicate with a team of astronauts on the Moon. Other than communicating with text,they sometimes send pictures of stuff they see. There's also the Lifeline series which use the same mechanic, but I haven't tried those.

Played Max Payne 3 for the first couple times. It's really ****ing good, holy ****. 2nd most fun I've had in playing games in a while, shooting is super satisfying and like the older games, Matrix yeeting fools doesn't get old. Sadly unlike the older Max Payne games, 3 really ****ing punishes you for risky plays, ignoring cover and depending on bullet time, especially on higher difficulties. Also the cutscenes get annoying. They're fine on their own, but some of the longer ones are *almost* unskippable, which gets very boring on replays.

The most fun I've had with bideo bames recently is A Way Out with one of my childhood amigos. It's pretty much a perfect linear story co op game. The story itself is good and there are plenty of both tense stealth moments and actiony bits, all of which require you and your bruh to work together in various ways. The game is made entirely with the co op splitscreen perspective in mind, so you can always react according to what your partner is going through in a mission, and it works extremely ****ing well. The giant cherry on top is all the minigames the devs put in specifically to let you goof around with your friend quite often. Co op games need more optional silly **** like this. Get a friend and play this game, right ****ing now fams. Also, only one person actually needs to buy the game, so even broke peasants like fishy can manage to play it.

I've been playing a ton of the latest Assassin's Creed titles (Odyssey and Valhalla). I've been finding time to game tough to find after daily work and exercise, but the games with good controller support are definitely easier to play after a long day. Only other game that has preoccupied me beyond AC has been Total War: Empire Definite Edition.

I actually think asscreed valhalla is more rantworthy to be honest. I watched someone play through the entire thing and it feels just like a game made by french perverts. There are like 4 cuckold subplots in the game and a major one which is the basis of the main plot. The grind is insane. The lighting and colour composition are kind of ugly. The characters look bannerlord tier. The boss fights are a horrific cheesy grind. Half the dialogue is awkward flirting / sexual harrassment. The writing is meh at best. One of the side quests turns the legend of beowulf into an 8ft autistic guy. Stealth hardly functions. Grunt enemies are damage sponges.

Even the "le epic vikiingz" stuff isnt that prevalent.

Honestly, I'm not all that pleased with Valhalla. It's not horrific, at least not just yet as I'm not very far into it, but I already feel like it isn't even close to Odyssey in terms of narrative and content.

I actually think asscreed valhalla is more rantworthy to be honest. I watched someone play through the entire thing and it feels just like a game made by french perverts.
I've been playing it for 70 hours. It's mindless, superficial fun. The story (or stories) have no grit, and the characters are flat.
Apart from the gore it seems like a PG-13 game where they avoid anything too offensive, despite history.
Combat works fine, but you can't control your crew, so there are no tactical challenges of any kind.
You just explore the map, hacking and slashing your way through, because the narrative doesn't really matter.

Pf2wJ.jpg

They definitely do avoid being offensive. At one point in the game, a character was simply described by their scars. It was deemed too offensive towards physically marked people so they patched out the description. A game in the Viking Age, where people were most likely marred up by scars, cannot describe someone with scars. lol

Anyhow...

I've been playing Squad the last two days. The newest patch is really nice, but I just wish they had worked on the dragging system more before releasing it. The BF2 mod Project Reality handles dragging better than this game. :lol:

art of rally. It's a casual-ish rally racing game exploring the "what if" had Group B of the 80s not been cancelled for so many spectator deaths. It has a clean toony aesthetic and wonderful soundtrack. The OST is on Spotify if anyone is interested in synthwave/retro-electro.

I'm sure anyone who knows me will be absolutely shocked, but I recently started playing Baldur's Gate again. This run as a solo berserker, who I intend to dual to priest or thief at level 9.

Though I replay it roughly every 6 months, and have for years, so y'all should know by now if you know me.

DotA 2. It's a disease that will follow me to the grave. There's a brand new hero out though: Dawnbreaker and she's really fun to play, when she doesn't get banned every game. The DotA community is probably the most toxic group of players you will have ever encountered in a game though, unfortunately.

I'm sure anyone who knows me will be absolutely shocked, but I recently started playing Baldur's Gate again. This run as a solo berserker, who I intend to dual to priest or thief at level 9.

Though I replay it roughly every 6 months, and have for years, so y'all should know by now if you know me.
Why would you run solo? Is that like the final anti-social/lockdown challenge after you finished the game on top difficulty with every possible companion?

Got all achievements in total war warhammer back in 2017 so I’ve been trying to do the same for warhammer 2.

I hate and love this game at the same time. I’ve gotta finish the wood elves campaign, then chaos, then empire, then vampire coast and I’m done.

BrCg_.jpg

hw4og.jpg

Back
Top Bottom