What are you listening to right now? Mark V

Users who are viewing this thread

Piconi said:
If anyone ever needs the greatest lullaby for adults, i think that this is it . There were some great sleeping sessions between this song and i !

https://youtu.be/CvFH_6DNRCY
I like Debussy (I'm French :grin: ) but my favorite lullaby is one I discovered last year.
I am usualy fond of Renaissance and Baroque periodes, but the composer for this lullaby is Contemporary classical music (he is still alive). That is very unusual but I love the harmonies :

Jaakko Mäntyjärvi is from Finland. This music is from a group of choirs songs "Four Shakespeare songs" also lovables !

Piconi said:
@LeChat

This kind of sounds like if Enigma would go a bit more rennaissace, and without the rhythm section :grin:

Nice find !
In one of the choirs where I sing, we are working on those pieces (Hindemith, contemporary).

The fun facts are :
- Rainer Maria Rilke (Bohemian-Austrian poet) came in France, write poems in french, leave France.
- Paul Hindemith (German composer) came in France, write musics on the Rilke's poems, leave France.
So we have beautiful french pieces writen and composed by foreigners !

Please, people, get mixed up ! Come to France !

(and the poems of Rilke are realy great, ,evocative)

Edit : And this version is sang by americans with nice pronunciation.

Edit 2 : The third song is 20s long

@LeChat

I ve been 4 times now, Paris, Amiens, Nice, Eze,and a couple of more in between, theres nothing to not love in France really (except for any dish that has "Nicoise" in front of it,usually in Nice, really, who tought of putting anchovys to everything)  :grin: . It is true, many musicians come to France from outside and create beautifull careers ( Charles Aznavour(ian), may he RIP, comes first to my mind), but one of my all time favourites foreign "frenchie" (because he is my fellow serb, from Montenegro, with a greek mother) is Janko Nilović:

Edit: Serbian father, greek mother, born in Turkey, lived in Montenegro, and created in France!

Piconi said:
@LeChat

I ve been 4 times now, Paris, Amiens, Nice, Eze,and a couple of more in between, theres nothing to not love in France really (except for any dish that has "Nicoise" in front of it,usually in Nice, really, who tought of putting anchovys to everything)  :grin: . It is true, many musicians come to France from outside and create beautifull careers ( Charles Aznavour(ian), may he RIP, comes first to my mind), but one of my all time favourites foreign "frenchie" (because he is my fellow serb, from Montenegro, with a greek mother) is Janko Nilović:

Edit: Serbian father, greek mother, born in Turkey, lived in Montenegro, and created in France!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgD5AZKMxYk
Agreed, I've always despised anchovy (even more since I'm vegan ^^)

And nice music !

Nobel Prize winner Bob Dylan
He saw an animal that liked to snort,
Horns on his head and they weren't too short.
It looked like there wasn't nothin' that he couldn't pull.
"Ah, think I'll call it a bull."
He saw an animal leavin' a muddy trail,
Real dirty face and a curly tail.
He wasn't too small and he wasn't too big.
"Ah, think I'll call it a pig."

Denzel Curry is rap's most diverse artist along with Childish Gambino.

Fight me

Back
Top Bottom