What Are You Hoping Will Be In The Next Update?

Users who are viewing this thread

bestmods168

Sergeant at Arms
As the title says. What are you hoping will be in the next update. And suspect when the next update will arrive. Hopefully not "Soon."

Definitely looking foward to seeing:

-Custom party templates.
Troops will be more diverse per lords.

-Replay Editor
Make easier cinematic videos

-Claimants
Civil wars will keep a strong faction busy.
I hope claimants can start their quest without the player agreeing to join them. Hopefully, there can be choices like: "join the claimant", "not now/let me think about it", and "let claimant start their journey without you".
You can join them later down the road if you wish to.

I would really like armies to actually fight each other. In my game armies just roam around their own lands when they call war on each other.

I would really like armies to actually fight each other. In my game armies just roam around their own lands when they call war on each other.
Which version are you playing? I've noticed that some army fight more than others. Its usually the main army that i've seen roam around. I use the teleport cheat on the main map so I just join armies that still have high cohesion. Speaking of that, I think the cohesion should last a bit longer. That way the assembled army can do more instead of at most take one castle and then disband when they reach their next target. With that said, I'd be down with some armies just seeking out other parties to attack instead of taking a fief. And possibly join a siege if they happen to walk by.

Here's a three minute video. It's more like the AI isn't recognizing it's at war and readjusting its actions accordingly. It can identify enemies. So if it happens to see a group of looters, it will engage or retreat like normal. However, when war is called, instead of becoming aggressive and seeking out places to burn and loot, it will still have the same set of protocols it uses when an army is at peace, which is just roam around.
Now you can see, when it's off screen, it behaves normally. You can see burning villages. But onscreen, it's not doing that.

Here's a three minute video. It's more like the AI isn't recognizing it's at war and readjusting its actions accordingly. It can identify enemies. So if it happens to see a group of looters, it will engage or retreat like normal. However, when war is called, instead of becoming aggressive and seeking out places to burn and loot, it will still have the same set of protocols it uses when an army is at peace, which is just roam around.
Now you can see, when it's off screen, it behaves normally. You can see burning villages. But onscreen, it's not doing that.

Yeah that army is super low on food and several of the parties in it need recruits, thats why you are just going from village to village and waiting in a town. If they dont do this than any objective they attempt to perform will fail because the army will starve to death. Currently the worst part about armies is they are bad about disbanding after having some successes but using up all their resources. Your best bet is to leave armies like that so they fizzle out faster since you arent adding to their resources. If you don't believe me and really want to test it, go buy a **** ton of food (several hundred) and you'll notice your army start to actually do stuff.
-Custom party templates.
Troops will be more diverse per lords.
This actually came in 1.8 so your wish is granted.

Personally I'm waiting on claimants and banners, interested to see how both these features play out. Would be really cool if claimants could start actual civil wars in kingdoms, i think this is what people thought they were getting when we first heard about rebellions.

Last edited:
-Claimants
Civil wars will keep a strong faction busy.
I hope claimants can start their quest without the player agreeing to join them. Hopefully, there can be choices like: "join the claimant", "not now/let me think about it", and "let claimant start their journey without you".
You can join them later down the road if you wish to.
Nope, most probably claimants will be another companion in your party. After you conquer enough of their original faction, they will become the ruler and that is it. I do not expect any deeper things than this.

Personally I'm waiting on claimants and banners, interested to see how both these features play out. Would be really cool if claimants could start actual civil wars in kingdoms, i think this is what people thought they were getting when we first heard about rebellions.
Yes, thats exactly what I thought about rebellions. What we got is another not-well-thougt-out reduntant and nonsensical "feature"

Yeah that army is super low on food and several of the parties in it need recruits, thats why you are just going from village to village and waiting in a town. If they dont do this than any objective they attempt to perform will fail because the army will starve to death. Currently the worst part about armies is they are bad about disbanding after having some successes but using up all their resources. Your best bet is to leave armies like that so they fizzle out faster since you arent adding to their resources. If you don't believe me and really want to test it, go buy a **** ton of food (several hundred) and you'll notice your army start to actually do stuff.

This actually came in 1.8 so your wish is granted.

Then why aren't they raiding enemy villages?

The game shouldn't have it where armies are so poorly stocked and managing resources so badly that it and the seven other armies I was in literally can't go and do anything.

What you are seeing is after three hours of war. NO cities were taken by either side. NO significant seiges were attempted. NO raids were carried out, which proves this is a bug and not "just low on resources."

Well, the game shouldn't have it where armies are so poorly stocked and managing resources so badly that it and the seven other armies I was in literally can't go and do anything.

What you are seeing is after three hours of war. NO cities were taken by either side. NO significant seiges were attempted.
Armies can buy up the entire food production of a town and, since they move so slow, still wind up beginning to starve before they hit their target. Heading to villages makes the problem worse because the majority aren't grain/fish villages and don't produce enough to justify a detour. And when they get back to the nearest town, turns out it is probably the same one they bought-out before, so there isn't enough food there either.

It is a really stupid cycle.

People suggested elsewhere that armies should be buying enough food to last them for several targets (meaning like 30-45 days) in the assembly phase but we only got a quest to deliver food that doesn't actually deliver enough to be meaningful once armies hit 1000+ troops.

Armies can buy up the entire food production of a town and, since they move so slow, still wind up beginning to starve before they hit their target. Heading to villages makes the problem worse because the majority aren't grain/fish villages and don't produce enough to justify a detour. And when they get back to the nearest town, turns out it is probably the same one they bought-out before, so there isn't enough food there either.

It is a really stupid cycle.

People suggested elsewhere that armies should be buying enough food to last them for several targets (meaning like 30-45 days) in the assembly phase but we only got a quest to deliver food that doesn't actually deliver enough to be meaningful once armies hit 1000+ troops.
They're not even attacking ONE city right now. In fact they're not even raiding a village! What I don't understand is why they aren't raiding enemy villages and neither is the enemy AI.

keep in mind, this is after the war was going on for over an hour and the seventh army I was in. None of them are engaging the enemy. In fact, you can see a second army in that video literally not doing anything! Weirder yet, the enemy isn't even attacking us.

So, at this point, this is a bug.

Last edited:
Banners...
Improved AI behavior on the map
Improved AI behavior during battles
More battle terrain scenes
More town/castle scenes
More armors
New quests

Are there any mods I can download? I really want to play, but this isn't playable.
Can't think of any mods that would fix your specific issue, I haven't had this issue in my 1.8 playthroughs or tests and your the first one I've heard with it, so you probably need to just start a new campaign so your economy resets and hope for better luck. Although watching your snippet, there was definitely sieges going on between Battania and western empire so maybe go try to be a mercenary for them instead if you dont want to restart.

Can't think of any mods that would fix your specific issue, I haven't had this issue in my 1.8 playthroughs or tests and your the first one I've heard with it, so you probably need to just start a new campaign so your economy resets and hope for better luck. Although watching your snippet, there was definitely sieges going on between Battania and western empire so maybe go try to be a mercenary for them instead if you dont want to restart.
They do it too! Off camera it appears things are happening. In fact now looking at it, none of the cities have switched hands for me... Everyone has their original cities.

They do it too! Off camera it appears things are happening. In fact now looking at it, none of the cities have switched hands for me... Everyone has their original cities.
You are only 2 years into the game, right now the game remains relatively stable in the first 5 years due to clans starting out with average wealth but after the first few wars get decided tributes start to decimate losing factions wealth and you'll start to see some serious changes in fiefs. If you want to check if vlandia is doing poorly go to the diplomacy page and see what their tributes are so far. If they are bleeding money heavily then i wouldnt be surprised at the state of your vlandia.

Back
Top Bottom