What are the most urgent fixes they should prioritize?

Users who are viewing this thread

snuggans

Veteran
mine are:

• campaign map framerate bug occurring in the late game, it is probably the most noticeable glitch for me because you spend so much time on the world map. the strange thing is that the framerate returns to normal whenever you have a tooltip up, so it's not an issue with people's hardware, perhaps some sort of save file/campaign bloat
  • diplomacy AI. your faction is forcing peace when you have the enemy on the run and when you're sieging cities, you cannot do anything about this with your influence because your kingdom is a hivemind and all the lords vote the same way. additionally, in the middle of an ongoing war the kingdom AI is declaring war on other factions on the other side of the map yet your kingdom doesn't send any armies over there because they're already engaged elsewhere, so what happens is that they opened up a new front and allow themselves to be sieged without resistance. i wish the diplomacy AI was more aware of what the kingdom's forces are doing before making diplomatic decisions
  • pathfinding in sieges. ladders & towers are not being climbed efficiently or used at all, climbers trickle in very sparsely. soldiers are frequently not bashing inner gates
  • artillery construction. it took me a long time to figure out you can put siege engines in reserve to hide them until you have all 4 built. this part of the game doesn't feel right and could use a redesign
  • reinforcements spawning on top of you instead of at the map border
  • graphical glitches on unit cards. mostly it's just this neon pink color, but some cards like the Ghulam are very distorted
  • melee cavalry miss too much and take too long to return to their target after passing them
suggestions:

-i wish the Tactics skill allowed you to even the battle size ratio, like it used to in Warband. i don't really simulate anything except when mopping up looters
-i didn't like the Conspiracy quest and how it kept repeating until it reaches 2000/2000 or 0/2000. i ended up ignoring it after completing several of its quests because i had too much on my plate versus the other kingdoms
-couch polearms seem to be pretty rare now, compared to Warband where most polearms could be couched, i miss that
-it would be cool if the player had an alternate set of weapons for sieges, and one for field battles, which automatically equips

Last edited:
At least Character development changes and balances (enhancements). Building and raising your character, your clan and the effect of skills and perks effect the entire game from day one to day 2k+. Namely remove "character level up = reduced skill learning" and enhancing/expanding the raising of slower skills. But honestly they could change almost every thing if they wanted because over all it's very poor and unrewarding character growth.

diplomacy AI. your faction is forcing peace when you have the enemy on the run and when you're sieging cities, you cannot do anything about this with your influence because your kingdom is a hivemind and all the lords vote the same way. additionally, in the middle of an ongoing war the kingdom AI is declaring war on other factions on the other side of the map yet your kingdom doesn't send any armies over there because they're already engaged elsewhere, so what happens is that they opened up a new front and allow themselves to be sieged without resistance. i wish the diplomacy AI was more aware of what the kingdom's forces are doing before making diplomatic decisions
Yeah, but it's unclear if TW wants to change this even. The only concern that seems to be getting addressed is how long wars last. TW does not want players to have direct control over things and seems to think perpetual war with less progress is good gameplay. It's part of how they "fixed" snowballing, but it effects your own faction too as all AII does the same votes weather they' your vassals, peers or NPC factions.

I hope we get a supreme dictator mod someday, I hate elections, I'd rather just be a lone clan then make kingdom and be stuck in endless war with no progress.

Back
Top Bottom