What are the current conditions needed for pregnancy ?

Users who are viewing this thread

As per the latest version, how does pregnancy happen ?

My clan is solely my small party ( family, companions ) of 15.
No fiefs etc ( yet ). I have played a nomadic " free agent " thus far ( Campaign, not Sandbox ).
My wife Ladogual is 29 ( I am 31 ).
Time for an heir.
It used to be that pregnancy occurred " naturally " simply roaming around together ( makes perfect sense ).
Now do we really somehow have to contrive to stay, just the two of us, at a village, keep, or city, for some 10 days ?
And save scum over and over until a lucky " strike " ? ( so ...... is this AI ? )
( and then same for my brothers and their wives, Velina and Vara ........ )

How are we meant to know about this sort of nonsense ?

Happy New Year, all !

The same as they've been for almost all of EA. Wait in a fief with you spouse during the early morning check for a 1-18% (or so chance of getting pergant depending on female's age and number of kids and the verile perk. Your spouse can be the governor, in you party, in tavern/keep, or leading party in an army with you.
Now do we really somehow have to contrive to stay, just the two of us, at a village, keep, or city, for some 10 days ?
And save scum over and over until a lucky " strike "
Yeah that's what you should do. Yeah it sucks but I doubt TW will change it. It doesn't have to be just the 2 of you and it should be in a town or castle. It can happen in 1 morning check too, 10 days is just convenient for not reloading constantly and not wasting too much game time. It's like an telephone game where people have decided there's some special meaning to waiting 10 days, but my meaning is just convenience.

The same as they've been for almost all of EA. Wait in a fief with you spouse during the early morning check for a 1-18% (or so chance of getting pergant depending on female's age and number of kids and the verile perk. Your spouse can be the governor, in you party, in tavern/keep, or leading party in an army with you.

Yeah that's what you should do. Yeah it sucks but I doubt TW will change it. It doesn't have to be just the 2 of you and it should be in a town or castle. It can happen in 1 morning check too, 10 days is just convenient for not reloading constantly and not wasting too much game time. It's like an telephone game where people have decided there's some special meaning to waiting 10 days, but my meaning is just convenience.
Thanks Ananda, as always.
Where does TW describe all this for the player ? The encyclopaedia " Game Concepts " section is of little use.

I much prefer the original " natural " way ( just like Miles Monroe.).

PS Did work like a charm, first time, by day five on holiday in Pravend.

Last edited:
It helps getting You and your spouse the first perk of charm, 30% more likely to get pregnant. Having a positive relation. Waiting in settlements. You should be able to get around 2-3 kids pretty fast. After some time If you want more or just unlucky of not having, You can use commands using Campaign.concieve child

After a few last updates, it feels like I've got better odds getting pregnant IRL, rather than in Bannerlord. I can wait for eternity with my spouse in a city, village, bandit hideout, prison, etc. but it will be a blessing of fortune if my PC will get pregnant once in about 20 years.

The NPC clans are, on the other hand, multiplying like rabbits, easy making 5-15 children, only mother's death can stop these bioprinters from belching out yet another clone into the game world.

After that we have NPC clans with 20+ members, while my clan is about 10 members, 7 of which are 80 y.o. random companions who speak to the Apostle Peter every evening, ready to depart soon...

It helps getting You and your spouse the first perk of charm, 30%
They don't stack, only 1 person needs it.
Having a positive relation
It doesn't matter, the game doesn't check this at all.

The NPC clans are, on the other hand, multiplying like rabbits, easy making 5-15 children, only mother's death can stop these bioprinters from belching out yet another clone into the game world.
I don't know but I think it might cheat and count AI couples (not your clan) as being together at the morning check. It seems awfully consistent and we know the AI doesn't take breaks to go rest in fiefs where their wife or anything. Just another example of "annoying mechanic for player" and "cheated version for AI".

I don't know but I think it might cheat and count AI couples (not your clan) as being together at the morning check. It seems awfully consistent and we know the AI doesn't take breaks to go rest in fiefs where their wife or anything. Just another example of "annoying mechanic for player" and "cheated version for AI".
The AI does indeed cheat for this, When the game checks to see if a couple is together, if they're not part of the player's clan, they have a 20% chance to skip the check and just be considered in the same spot.

The AI does indeed cheat for this, When the game checks to see if a couple is together, if they're not part of the player's clan, they have a 20% chance to skip the check and just be considered in the same spot.
I personally play long playthroughs, i can get maybe 20 kids and marry the boys keep the girls, get 20 more. they get kids bla bla bla, if you can get 2-3 its solid, and later on keep them all in your party wait from time to time, thats my method, if its really not working for you its unfortunate as its usually consistant for me

I personally play long playthroughs, i can get maybe 20 kids and marry the boys keep the girls, get 20 more. they get kids bla bla bla, if you can get 2-3 its solid, and later on keep them all in your party wait from time to time, thats my method, if its really not working for you its unfortunate as its usually consistant for me
Yeah, I was more confirming to Ananda that the AI does get treated differently in that part of the pregnancy check. Though every couple that doesn't include the player takes a penalty if their clan has too many non-companions in it.

Players marrying young wives, getting 3 kids, and then killing them (or at least trying) so that they can remarry and get more kids ASAP is a common thing, I believe.

Yeah, I was more confirming to Ananda that the AI does get treated differently in that part of the pregnancy check. Though every couple that doesn't include the player takes a penalty if their clan has too many non-companions in it.

Players marrying young wives, getting 3 kids, and then killing them (or at least trying) so that they can remarry and get more kids ASAP is a common thing, I believe.
That's too much work. I just installed Family Control.

I just do it straight through the cheat mode now because the idea of watching my game idle on fast forward for days/weeks waiting for the damn message makes my blood pressure rise. Just chunk it for the player and add a dialogue option or something.

That's too much work. I just installed Family Control.
I just make 1 baby these days 🙃
Yeah, I was more confirming to Ananda that the AI does get treated differently in that part of the pregnancy check
Thank you for confirming that btw! I think giving the player clan that same 20% chance (when not waiting together) would be helpful until (if) they make a better system.

And before anyone says it's OP no it's not because the map will be painted and the kids are like 5-6 still!

A couple of light jokey posts from Ananda and I have been deleted today, presumably by a moderator.
They were not offensive.
I'm just wondering why that happened.

this thread breaks down the current pregnancy system: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...h-every-additional-child-how-much-tho.432081/

a viewer of mine got through 7 childs because of the linked achievement - he had to wait a total of 16 years ingame time (without exploits or mods) this is ~8-10 hours (if you are lucky) real time. and it just consists of waiting.

so right now it demands from a player -which could be a busy person and just want to relax- to wait inside of your game for hours to let the pregnancy trigger more than once. and he can do nothing else beside smithing. to me, it's one of the biggest upsetting things in the game right now.

while i do understand that pregnancy triggers cannot happening all the time to prevent a bloat/instability of the game, i do not understand the approach.

for example you make a dialogue quest out of it: each year you can ask your lady to have some sexy time -> you need to go through dialogue options with percentages // fail -> better luck next year // success -> another baby to take care of. the more kids, the lower the percentage of success, depending on your charm level.

or more simple: increase the rate of stillborns and increase pregnancy rate.

or any other idea that is making the player STOP to wait for ages. nobody wants to play a singleplayer game where you have to wait constantly.

Maybe a fertility NPC the player can access and if they have below a certain amount of kids it can give them a boon that let them get preggers that night. Just so the player can get it done without if effecting the AI systems.

Why did you say on the early morning check?
My clan wives are getting pregnant at different times per day, it is not only on the early morning check.

I have gotten multiple wives, who are gotten pregnant at night.

Why did you say on the early morning check?
My clan wives are getting pregnant at different times per day, it is not only on the early morning check.

I have gotten multiple wives, who are gotten pregnant at night.
Because somebody looked at the code and said it's in the early morning. You get the message at the time when wages are paid which is later. This is for when you wait in a fief, if you're getting messages at other times video it or something or write it up coherently.

Back
Top Bottom