What are the critical parts needed for a custom main map to work

Users who are viewing this thread

What are the base necessary pieces for a custom main map to be playable, outside of the terrain and navmesh and all the regular scene pieces. So any scripts or related xml, or anything like that.

What are the base necessary pieces for a custom main map to be playable, outside of the terrain and navmesh and all the regular scene pieces. So any scripts or related xml, or anything like that.
Not knowing that was the main reason I advised people to remove Calradia's terrain and build a new map inside a pre-prepared environment. However, you'll probably need:
1. At least one, possibly two entities containing SettlementPositionScript
2. An entity containing the SceneLeveler script - IDK what you do with it as the worldmap doesn't have levels, but its map icons do.
3. An entity containing the CampaignMapSiegePrefabEntityCache to animate siege engines on the world map
4. An envmap_probe - required by the environmental/atmosphere systems or is it auto-added to any scene?
There are probably other things that I'm unaware of.
Also, I doubt you need the probe_bake_data as there's no PBR in the worldmap.

Starting from scratch is a brave course. Let me know how it turns out. :smile:

BTW the current absence of terrain in Main_map in version 1.5.3 isn't a barrier to editing it. We had no terrain for it throughout the Tools testing programme. Remember the first thing most modders do anyway is delete Calradia's terrain. That still works whether the terrain is visible or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So far, not too well, I cant seem to get the SettlementPositionScript to work, even with two of them, it just crashes the game whenever I save, check positions, or save cache. If I recall correctly, the scripts are written in C, unfortunately, I have no knowledge of coding so I wouldent know how to look at the script to see if that can say what it needs to work. I am making an extremely small scene to try and test the necessary pieces and will post if I find a solution.

Upvote 0
So far, not too well, I cant seem to get the SettlementPositionScript to work, even with two of them, it just crashes the game whenever I save, check positions, or save cache. If I recall correctly, the scripts are written in C, unfortunately, I have no knowledge of coding so I wouldent know how to look at the script to see if that can say what it needs to work. I am making an extremely small scene to try and test the necessary pieces and will post if I find a solution.
Have you tried importing the two game entity definitions from Main_map's scene.xscene file using Notepad++. You can find both of them by searching for SettlementPositionScript it only has two instances.

There's no reason to suppose it will work any better, but it's worth a try.

Upvote 0
So it looks like the settlement distance cache isn't strictly necessary, I removed the two scripts from the main map and deleted the .bin file and the campaign ran, I'm not sure what effects It will have on the AI pathfinding or game performance.

Upvote 0
It might cause a performance impact is my only guess, I had some stuttering in the beginning, but I think there usually some stuttering so I can't chalk it to the cache being gone.
that being said, since the settlement script doesnt seem to be the issue, then that means my main map is going to be a lot easier toget running

Upvote 0
I left the campaign running for about 2 ingame year, from what I could tell It didn't have an impact on the AI pathing, although thats very hard to determine based on reckoning alone. I also didnt notice any frame drops as I ran around the map, so I assume its just an optimization measure that is mostly beneficial to lower end devices (my computer is more or less middle of the line).

Upvote 0
I left the campaign running for about 2 ingame year, from what I could tell It didn't have an impact on the AI pathing, although thats very hard to determine based on reckoning alone. I also didnt notice any frame drops as I ran around the map, so I assume its just an optimization measure that is mostly beneficial to lower end devices (my computer is more or less middle of the line).
Interesting. IMO Taleworlds set Bannerlord's minimum pc spec too low for the game's potential. It's good news if it's only an optimisation issue that will be overtaken anyway as pc specs improve over time. :smile:

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom