What am I doing wrong ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Is there a game designer who worked on this game ?
I spend my time getting caught and dying by higher level armies, if I negotiate not to be attacked and flee I get caught again immediately by the same people I just negotiated against and want to attack me again even though I just gave them all my gold to flee. I spend my time losing my army and starting again from scratch when I put the simplest difficulty !!!! This game is horribly hard, there are very few indications it's unbearable... What am I doing wrong?

Well: There can be many things you might be doing wrong. While I'm not sure these belong in this session as it is for reporting bugs and issues. but anyway.

But My Coach advice: Start Slow: Build up a small party of troops in the empire going from town to town, you will need to buy a small amount of grain to sustain them. And basically spend time attacking Looters, parties that are either same size, slightly bigger. or smaller than you. Don't bother attacking anything than looters until you upgrade your troops.

If you want a somewhat easier time focus on archers to start as they will rip most units to shreds before they arrive.

Your going to want to spend a lot of time practicing simple things in the beginning such as combat, what you like etc so fighting looters, joining tournaments etc are a good chance to practice and get renown that you want to upgrade your clan tier. Which will allow you to field more units etc. And focus on building up a lot of renown in the start and wealth, learn how the trade system work like that you can sometimes buy grain for say as low as 6gp per units and sell it for 20 in other places.

Save and reload often while learning if you have troubles with fights its usually better to reload a save prior to the fight as you may loose a lot of stuff in your inventory otherwise, and you will want to keep mules and extra horses for speed and carry capacity.

Start slow and build your way up, and once your more confident and stronger and have better clan tier, you may consider joining an existing kingdom as a Vassal and help them conquer the world slowly.

F6 Is a good button to use as it will command your units to fight using somewhat of decent strategies on your own, playing on easiest your troops should have a huge advantage in taking lesser damage etc, but you should still be wary of way bigger parties etc.

Thanks for F6 I didn't know.
I'm already a vassal and I have 95 men, but I don't find it normal to have to reload the game so often when I've put the simplest difficulty ...

Keep your movement speed in mind and don't run blindly into everybody and their mom. If the AI thinks that it can beat you then it will attack you. Otherwise it will try to flee.

Keep your movement speed in mind and don't run blindly into everybody and their mom. If the AI thinks that it can beat you then it will attack you. Otherwise it will try to flee.

Also you should have free horses and mules to speed up your party on the map so you can choose when to fight.

But the most important tip is the one that Ganeic told you, be small for a while and build up your character and your economy then grow up.

Yeah if your a vassal already you should play defensive to start, join armies with your allies and let them lead if your unsure. Because of the huge advantage you give everyone on easiest 1/3 damage taken your army can usually beat anything as long as you fight manually.

Back
Top Bottom