what about hunting?

Users who are viewing this thread

NA1F

Sergeant
is there hunting in bannerlord?
Hunting was available in some of the mods in warband, and It would be cool if hunting was add by taleworld officially

fd2d5dcc1755134a0bf589484d383477.jpg

300px-T_Jedruszek_direwolf.jpg

assassin-s-creed-odyssey-archer-hunting-moose-wallpaper-2560x1080-15684_14.jpg

is there hunting in bannerlord?
Hunting was available in some of the mods in warband, and It would be cool if hunting was add by taleworld officially

fd2d5dcc1755134a0bf589484d383477.jpg

300px-T_Jedruszek_direwolf.jpg

assassin-s-creed-odyssey-archer-hunting-moose-wallpaper-2560x1080-15684_14.jpg
Would be great for a proper Sturgian playthrough. Hunting for furs, raiding, living in the wild etc..

Hunting would not only be a way of gaining raw material, it could also be a means of building relations with other lords. I think hunting was a very common activity for nobility as a sport.

Being invited to hunt with the king should be considered an honor

Hunting could be a nice addition. While i don't know if going very deep into hunting should be something coming for the base game. I mean i think its something that could be part of a DLC as hunting would probably mean the hunting would need a considerable amount of development be put into.

When i talk about hunting i don't mean spawn on a map and shoot cows warband style, but actual hunting.

I know that I spotted in the skills that were leaked from the demo that if you level up archery you can get a bonus to food in forests (forgot if it was reduced consumption or actual gain). It's not as cool as shooting down a boar in an instance, but its something to roleplay hunting on the world map for now.

Actual hunting would require a stupid amount of development time and resources for a mechanic that is in no way integral or necessary to the M&B experience. It could be nice for some roleplay playthroughs, but not for the majority of them.
It's just not a mechanic that's worth making considering this is a game about medieval politics and battles, not peasant life.

Hunting could be a nice addition. While i don't know if going very deep into hunting should be something coming for the base game. I mean i think its something that could be part of a DLC as hunting would probably mean the hunting would need a considerable amount of development be put into.

When i talk about hunting i don't mean spawn on a map and shoot cows warband style, but actual hunting.

I hadn't really thought about it as something that could be copied for Bannerlord but one of the most popular CK2 DLCs is Way of Life. It doesn't completely revamp the way governments work or add large swaths of new playable lands and cultures, it just adds some simple side activities that flavor the day-to-day life of your character. These activities grant some decent gameplay benefits but what really make it a great DLC is the seduction focus... I mean the role-playing element. It feels more like your character is doing something when they aren't waging war on their neighbors or plotting to get their horse elected pope.

I know people are excited about the board game, maybe adding some more day to day activities (like hunting or seducing the horse pope) would be worth while down the road as well.

considering this is a game about medieval politics and battles, not peasant life

To be fair, lords would hunt as well, maybe some type of competition similar to tournaments in warband.

But I agree with your point, this is kind of excessive and would probably be better for a modder than the actual dev team to implement.

I know every one thinks about hunting with bow and arrow but official noble hunts were not like that. Mostly the nobles were hunting with hounds/greyhounds even already had special breeds for different types of prey usually finishing off the bigger prey with spears (boar spear already in warband) and should not forget falconry for birds. I don`t think something like this could be implemented but one could dream: like when you get a castle you can hire a kennel master and buy different breeds of dogs afterwards you could invite friendly nobles to a hunt, they show up at your castle then you decide when to head of to the woods, catch something, possibly in function of what types of dogs you have and when everything is finished you get a relation boost with your guests.

Hunting needs a lot of mechanics to make it not tedious. If they just throw you into a scene with some reskinned horses and let you shoot them, it's going to suck a lot and won't be worth playing. For hunting to be fun you need to be able to track an animal for miles, and that really doesn't suit the pace of mount and blade.

This is another of those things which sounds fun when you describe it, but I can guarantee most players won't ever use that mechanic after the initial gimmick wears off.

I hadn't really thought about it as something that could be copied for Bannerlord but one of the most popular CK2 DLCs is Way of Life. It doesn't completely revamp the way governments work or add large swaths of new playable lands and cultures, it just adds some simple side activities that flavor the day-to-day life of your character. These activities grant some decent gameplay benefits but what really make it a great DLC is the seduction focus... I mean the role-playing element. It feels more like your character is doing something when they aren't waging war on their neighbors or plotting to get their horse elected pope.

I know people are excited about the board game, maybe adding some more day to day activities (like hunting or seducing the horse pope) would be worth while down the road as well.
Well yeah, i think a lot of people who are into this kind of thing would be glad to have it. Considering it would be really "optimal" for people who like roleplaying while i'm not saying only they like it, it shouldn't be included in the price because honestly some people don't care about that.

That kind of "value = enjoyment" idea is a really bad attitude in my opinion. You aren't buying the sum of all the parts of a game, you're buying a game. How much fun you have with it and what parts you enjoy are entirely up to you, and it's ludicrous to suggest that different parts of the game should or shouldn't be included in the price.

This line of thinking has brainwashed people into accepting DLC practices as "covering the cost of the game" when game companies these days make truly absurd amounts of money and spend most of it on marketing. We live in a time with more wealth inequality than the bronze age (back when the wonders of the ancient world were built), so the idea that a company wouldn't be able to afford to add more features without charging for them is propaganda, to put it bluntly.

That kind of "value = enjoyment" idea is a really bad attitude in my opinion. You aren't buying the sum of all the parts of a game, you're buying a game. How much fun you have with it and what parts you enjoy are entirely up to you, and it's ludicrous to suggest that different parts of the game should or shouldn't be included in the price.

This line of thinking has brainwashed people into accepting DLC practices as "covering the cost of the game" when game companies these days make truly absurd amounts of money and spend most of it on marketing. We live in a time with more wealth inequality than the bronze age (back when the wonders of the ancient world were built), so the idea that a company wouldn't be able to afford to add more features without charging for them is propaganda, to put it bluntly.
We're talking about a small company that has only a few games to its name. Not a giant like Ubisoft of EA.

Taleworlds has something like 100 employees. It's had enough fiscal confidence to put its game(s) on sale basically for free and redo large portions of their project multiple times. Game companies also have fairly low running costs compared to other entertainment businesses.

My point is that developers do DLCs because they can, not because they have to.

Taleworlds has something like 100 employees. It's had enough fiscal confidence to put its game(s) on sale basically for free and redo large portions of their project multiple times. Game companies also have fairly low running costs compared to other entertainment businesses.

My point is that developers do DLCs because they can, not because they have to.
Good point, but honestly at this point i'm praying for dlc instead of MTX for multiplayer.

Just so they can get whatever their agenda is about making money out of the game, as long as its not MTX.

A full hunt in scene is likely too long, while just killing some animals in a field isn't really interesting.

However hunting could become part of the game if it is handled mostly on the campaign map. Noble hunts could be quests that can be started with noble NPC or perhaps started yourself when you are a vassal. The quest could be to track down a group of animals (a party on the campaign map). Once you catch them, your skills determine how much you get out of it, without entering a scene. Relations to the other partaking lords could be influenced by the success of the hunt. As one quest among many I think it could work, being a change of pace from the prevailing bandit chasing, etc.

For hunting among commoners it is probably best left as a simple upgrade to a fief. Building a hunting ground would allow the village to "gather" appropriate goods.

Back
Top Bottom