WFAS World Cup

Users who are viewing this thread

I guess it would be beneficial to post the roster of each team here or in a seperate thread...

Seriously, are you guys trying to run the whole tournament with a single thread? :lol:

Ahh we are running the tourney with two threads, one steam page and one league table. On top of this each team has their own steam page in regards to the tourney. 

We wanted to do broadcasts but it seems there is a valid concerns for people talking in spec mode so we probably will not have live broadcasts. That said for semis we are going to record the games and review them with. 

I just want to say that while I'm mostly doing the interviews, Mags has been amazing at organizing,running and communicating in this tourney.  And this is promising to be a very exciting event. We are all aware that WFAS isn't as populated anymore and some top players are gone, but since we are all affected by that, all teams have a fair chance for a well deserved fame. 

Efe Karacar said:
Seriously, are you guys trying to run the whole tournament with a single thread? :lol:

I'm not happy with this message. But I join. A Warband player comes here and talks about what we play. Unfortunately he says true. We need more advertisement!

What we really need is the WFaS players, who quit to other games, to come back. WFaS is not dead yet, and it's still worth playing ( if you discount the behaviour of 90% of the players and researchers in total ).

And by the way, check out all the other events since 2011. Most of them were announced in one thread and then the thread was updated again and again until the event has ended. There were also some events which weren't even organized on the TaleWorlds forum, only on Steam. However, the fact that Mags has been able to organize a tournament of such scale is still amazing. We need more people like him.

Raven (Gothia) said:
WFaS would be worth playing for me if there was actually a proper competitive scene. There are way too many diffirent opinions on how this game functions best competitively. I think the endless discussion put me, and with it, a lot of other old WFaS players off. So if you feel intent on making this scene alive again, then that's awesome, but first I gotta see how, and not just an idea which might turn out the same way as all the other ideas before it.

I do still think that NA players who are making tournaments happen is revolutionary to say the least, so keep it up!  :party:

I second that Raven! :smile:

Germany 14
Poland 5

3DNdAM.jpg

RYXqQR.jpg

kkAlED.jpg

Where is my match? There is anybody to talk. I don't know who is captain of B/C. I couldn't take answer from organisatior.

This is not so big problem for me. I'm trying to help organisation. But My friends waits for match. What can I say them? How can I call them next time?

Greetings.

Basi,

Did you visit the league page? It has all the opponents and dates.  I believe you were supposed to play Bohemia today. I asked Riley and he said you were playing today...

www.scheduleague.com/manager/index.cfm?League_ID=23003

Mags had posted the link in this thread, but I believe team captains are not checking their matches there. Please visit the link to see who you should be playing and when.

I'm looking everytime. We have this thread and this link http://www.scheduleague.com/manager/index.cfm?League_ID=23003 to look matches for tournament.

B/C - TR, Saturday, May 2, 2015

I want to know if matches delayed. I don't want to spend my friend's time.

So whats going on now?

We had to play against the USA last week but mags wasn´t online so we didn´t play the match....

Now you can start feeling like we felt during last Nations Cup. Sweeping everyone and finishing after 3 matches :smile:

Of course we await a rematch in play-offs, whenever they will take place.

Hey Guys,

Mags messaged me a few days back telling me that he'd be busy with real life matters for the next month or so, until then, the World Cup will be on hold. He told me that I could either take over keeping track of the matches and schedule or wait for him to come back. I've decided that it's best for us to wait for him to come back and keep track of everything. I know many of you may be frustrated with the current situation, but when it comes down to what matters, real life take priority over video games. Sorry to disappoint everyone whose been eagerly anticipating their next match-ups. You just will have to wait a little while longer. Till then, stay classy.  :cool:

~Bubs

Back
Top Bottom